• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Hi guys, i just started this game and it is awesome, i really like the storyline, very different from all other pokemon games, congrats about that !
But i'm kinda stuck atm, after getting the hm surf, i went to the deep cave entrance, but i dunno what to do here since when you fall into the hole, everything is dark.. Does the beta ends here or.. ? I really hope i'm wrong ! If i am, can someone help me ? I really want to continue this game asap :D
Another thing, i found a bunch of shiney pokemons in this game.. (Like my lovely Shiney Sneasel, Sneasy <3, but alot more, smth like 7-8.. Does this game allows you to find more shiney pokemons ?)
Hope you'll answer me and thanks for all the great work in this hack, keep it on !
Hey, great to hear you've been liking it!
And shiny pokemon ratios have indeed been changed so if you've trained in the grass a lot (although that's not intended since there's Battle Simulator in every Pokecenter for that purpose), it's not surprising that you've run into many already.

You've indeed just gotten stuck, and you're actually reached the half-way point of the beta or so. If you have HM02, Fly back to The Capital and use Surf to reach Brightbulb City. Or, do some explorations before doing that since you can run into lots of neat stuff since you have Surf!

If you somehow missed receiving Fly, go back to Milky Village and enter the farm to obtain it.

Edit:
And yeah, like Greenlizard0. said, you can run into a certain event in Deep Cavern. But you can get HM Flash in Brightbulb City, so you should return there sometime later once you've obtained it first.

Blueizback

Lonely Trainer
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 17, 2013
Hey, great to hear you've been liking it!
And shiny pokemon ratios have indeed been changed so if you've trained in the grass a lot (although that's not intended since there's Battle Simulator in every Pokecenter for that purpose), it's not surprising that you've run into many already.

You've indeed just gotten stuck, and you're actually reached the half-way point of the beta or so. If you have HM02, Fly back to The Capital and use Surf to reach Brightbulb City. Or, do some explorations before doing that since you can run into lots of neat stuff since you have Surf!

If you somehow missed receiving Fly, go back to Milky Village and enter the farm to obtain it.

Edit:
And yeah, like Greenlizard0. said, you can run into a certain event in Deep Cavern. But you can get HM Flash in Brightbulb City, so you should return there sometime later once you've obtained it first.

Thanks a lot for your answer ! Gonna fly to the capital right now :D And, yeah, i trained a lot in the grass.. Btw, sorry for being quite annoying, but is there a way to catch Murkrow in this game ? If he's catchable, where can i find it ?

miksy91

Years
Btw, sorry for being quite annoying, but is there a way to catch Murkrow in this game ? If he's catchable, where can i find it ?
Appears to be obtainable in two places (most likely in both only at Night!).

You can find it in Area 108, beneath Grand Tower, or in a place called Mystery Woods in East-Suden.

Blueizback

Lonely Trainer
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 17, 2013
Appears to be obtainable in two places (most likely in both only at Night!).

You can find it in Area 108, beneath Grand Tower, or in a place called Mystery Woods in East-Suden.

Got it !

Btw, i'm now stuck after getting the first orb.. I think we need to go to the cave where the giant onix is probably in, but i still don't have the hm strenght.. I must have mess something.. :dumbface:

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2023
this game sounds so cool! are you still making it? i can never know with some hacks and some really cool ones just stop which sucks i hope if you are still making it you don't stop in the middle of it

miksy91

Years
Got it !

Btw, i'm now stuck after getting the first orb.. I think we need to go to the cave where the giant onix is probably in, but i still don't have the hm strenght.. I must have mess something.. :dumbface:
You don't have to go there. But sure, you should have HM Strength by this point of the game.

Return to Area 120 (north of Centralgate City) and "explore".

this game sounds so cool! are you still making it? i can never know with some hacks and some really cool ones just stop which sucks i hope if you are still making it you don't stop in the middle of it
I haven't worked on it much after releasing beta 4.0. But I guess you could say I'm just taking a break from it.

You should definitely try out this beta 4 though! Most good hacks aren't complete since they require lots of time and dedication to finish you know ;)
(Not referring to just this of course.)

Blueizback

Lonely Trainer
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 17, 2013
Well okay, must have indeed mess smth. By the way, i hope you'll keep on the great work on this hack, i really don't want this one to get the same faith as Dark Rising 2... :(

EDIT : I finally finished the beta, with all side quests i think ( i won against grand tower's sages 3 times, did the super onix quest, the research lab quest, etc. ) I saw only one glitch : when you speed up in a pokemon center, especially when the nurse is healing your pokemons, the game become full of glitches, random numbers appears on the screen mostly.

I did the beta with that Dark Role-play team :

Umbreon lv 64
Pupitar lv 52
Sneasel lv 48
Sneasy lv 46
Murkrow lv 43
Houndoom lv 43

By the way, should i be able to continue the game with my current team when the new beta will be released ? Cuz, i don't really wanna start it all again.. I spent so much time training in pokemon center, so much time that i've been able to buy the 9999 BP item.. (i was kind of disappointed btw xD ).

Really great hack anyway, you got all my support for the next beta and the future full release !

Last edited:

miksy91

Years
Well okay, must have indeed mess smth. By the way, i hope you'll keep on the great work on this hack, i really don't want this one to get the same faith as Dark Rising 2... :(
I don't know... I'll either finish this or I don't.
I've got the motivation but if I don't have time, that's going to be an obstacle.

EDIT : I finally finished the beta, with all side quests i think ( i won against grand tower's sages 3 times, did the super onix quest, the research lab quest, etc. )

I did the beta with that Dark Role-play team :

Umbreon lv 64
Pupitar lv 52
Sneasel lv 48
Sneasy lv 46
Murkrow lv 43
Houndoom lv 43

By the way, should i be able to continue the game with my current team when the new beta will be released ? Cuz, i don't really wanna start it all again.. I spent so much time training in pokemon center, so much time that i've been able to buy the 9999 BP item.. (i was kind of disappointed btw xD ).
Assuming you were disappointed at 9999 BP prize, there's no way you could have finished all the sidequests by now! Unless you got lucky with a certain event of course which actually requires something related to buying that prize.

Also, there really are 7 sidequests to be finished out there. Sounds like you have done almost everything already though.

What comes to being able to use that team and save file - I don't know, at all. If I keep the compability between beta 4 and 5, then yes. Otherwise, no.
This far, not either of the bigger updates (from beta 2 to 3, and from 3 to 4) have been compatible with each other, and a possible new one may not be either.
It's just that I may have to re-organize how certain stuff is stored in RAM. If I do, this means that to be able to continue with that save file, you'd have to know how to manually organize all the stuff yourself (with some documentation of mine but still, it'd be rather complex).

I saw only one glitch : when you speed up in a pokemon center, especially when the nurse is healing your pokemons, the game become full of glitches, random numbers appears on the screen mostly.
There's nothing wrong with the scripting, nor the coding behind how poke centers (especially, lower rooms) work since they work just like they do in original Silver rom file.
So the glitches most likely appear due to the emulation system used (and it not being able to execute data properly when emulation is speeded up).

Really great hack anyway, you got all my support for the next beta and the future full release !
But hey, thanks :)

By the way, nice to see you've got also my banner in your signature. But about it... I think your current signature will be disabled unless you shorten its height. I think if you for example use a different banner for Liquid Crystal (which is obviously smaller than the one you're using at the moment), you can fit all those banners in the amount of space that may be used.

My personal signature is close to the maximum size actually so you can use that for reference.

Last edited:

Blueizback

Lonely Trainer
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 17, 2013
I don't know... I'll either finish this or I don't.
I've got the motivation but if I don't have time, that's going to be an obstacle.

Uhm, i understand... Anyway, if you don't have time, just take a breack and come back to the work when ou got the time and the will, because if you don't have both, the hack will not be as good as he is at the moment :)

Assuming you were disappointed at 9999 BP prize, there's no way you could have finished all the sidequests by now! Unless you got lucky with a certain event of course which actually requires something related to buying that prize.

Maybe i mess one or two.. But i think actually those quests doesn't give you so much (only those "pages" which are kinda useless in this beta..) And super onix is kinda hard to capture, i was lazy so i got it with the 5500 BP prize ;)

Also, there really are 7 sidequests to be finished out there. Sounds like you have done almost everything already though.

I haven't done 7 sidequests, but something like 5 imo.. Btw, even if they are not really usefull at the moment, these sidequest gives us more gameplay, that's great. I only saw that quest system in Ruby Destiny LoG before, good to see in a gba hack.

What comes to being able to use that team and save file - I don't know, at all. If I keep the compability between beta 4 and 5, then yes. Otherwise, no.
This far, not either of the bigger updates (from beta 2 to 3, and from 3 to 4) have been compatible with each other, and a possible new one may not be either.
It's just that I may have to re-organize how certain stuff is stored in RAM. If I do, this means that to be able to continue with that save file, you'd have to know how to manually organize all the stuff yourself (with some documentation of mine but still, it'd be rather complex).

Awwww, i just became a Psyduck again..
Well, if it's possible, it will be great, if not, it doesn't matter that much, i'll do it again :)

There's nothing wrong with the scripting, nor the coding behind how poke centers (especially, lower rooms) work since they work just like they do in original Silver rom file.
So the glitches most likely appear due to the emulation system used (and it not being able to execute data properly when emulation is speeded up).

I use VBA - M, that's strange since it's know as the best gb emulator, and with, let's say Prism version (which is a Gold hack) i don't have this problem.. Anyway there's no big deal about that, it's not like Prof Oak was a Snorlax or smth :D

But hey, thanks :)

Hey, no probs :D

By the way, nice to see you've got also my banner in your signature. But about it... I think your current signature will be disabled unless you shorten its height. I think if you for example use a different banner for Liquid Crystal (which is obviously smaller than the one you're using at the moment), you can fit all those banners in the amount of space that may be used.

My personal signature is close to the maximum size actually so you can use that for reference.

Yeah, i thought about it, i just removed the Crystal Liquid part, but those scumbags from linkandzelda doesn't give us the possibility to use smaller banners :( Well, no liquid crystal banner in the end !

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2015
If you finish the pages you're be quite satisfied with what you get ;).
Along with the 9999 BP item :).

Blueizback

Lonely Trainer
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 17, 2013
If you finish the pages you're be quite satisfied with what you get ;).
Along with the 9999 BP item :).

Guess i haven't done it all yet so :) Then i'll wait for the next beta to complete the quests !

miksy91

Years
Maybe i mess one or two.. But i think actually those quests doesn't give you so much (only those "pages" which are kinda useless in this beta..) And super onix is kinda hard to capture, i was lazy so i got it with the 5500 BP prize ;)
The sidequests give lots of neat stuff in exchange actually!
But you're right about one thing, they're still kinda "pointless" since they offer more gameplay but no story events (expect for "Secret of Adria" sidequest, somewhat).

I use VBA - M, that's strange since it's know as the best gb emulator, and with, let's say Prism version (which is a Gold hack) i don't have this problem.. Anyway there's no big deal about that, it's not like Prof Oak was a Snorlax or smth :D
VBA-M should probably work fine, but in fact, I do believe the issue is still with that emulator. Even normal VisualBoyAdvance isn't that stable for emulating GB/C games - it does some things differently from how they would work in normal Game Boy (Color).

Guess i haven't done it all yet so :) Then i'll wait for the next beta to complete the quests !
Yeah, I guess you could wait. But keep that save file in your pc and you can return to finishing everything whenever you feel like it.
You can at least unlock something cool at the point when you really finish 5 sidequests - I really doubt you've done that many yet. In fact, if you haven't for example obtained 5 Pages yet, you're missing at least 3 (of 7) since some of the sidequests are connected.

Years
So I played the last beta for the first 4 cities (till my save got deleted somehow) and I'm just starting beta 4 today and wow!! i love the additions already just to the opening cut scene, and the first town redesign! I can't wait to explore all the changes and play further into the game!!!!

miksy91

Years
So I played the last beta for the first 4 cities (till my save got deleted somehow) and I'm just starting beta 4 today and wow!! i love the additions already just to the opening cut scene, and the first town redesign! I can't wait to explore all the changes and play further into the game!!!!
Thanks Tielur :)
And have fun with the hack!

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
Hey Misky, I finally got a bit of free time.
I'm impressed already with the intro screen. I'm definitely interested in the story unfolding.
Though I am curious about if there is an FAQ of a list of pokemon available.

miksy91

Years
Hey Misky, I finally got a bit of free time.
I'm impressed already with the intro screen. I'm definitely interested in the story unfolding.
Though I am curious about if there is an FAQ of a list of pokemon available.
The intro screen is mostly work made by RED/cabusao who is also making that Emerald version based on Gold (I think). Got to admit that at first, I didn't have an idea how to make the Orbs animate like that in the intro screen.

I don't have a FAQ for the available pokemon but most pokemon should be obtainable. Porygon and a couple of legendaries aren't obtainable but other than those, you should pretty much be able to run into anything.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
Okay, I believe I have finished the Dark Energy Beta so far, reaching the point where the guard gives the message, and have beaten 2 sidequests, gotten 3 Elemental Orbs (which I assume the villains have 2 Orbs, also that third Elemental Orb (the Green Elemental Orb) sequence was rather admittedly frightening and pretty suspenseful), I have defeated all of the Gyms save Raven, I have beaten the top General of Team Darkness I have beaten the hardest trainer of Supreme Mode, and I have beaten Sage Master Neal. I even got the briefcase, and most of the pages for the original eeveelutions.

This hack has quite alot of plot involvement, and some very original sidequests for a pokemon hack, among other original things in this hack and I do like the fights. And as for the Undefeated Pokemon of the West Suden sequences and implementation I do like quite a bit. I do like the Battle Simulator above all of the pokemon centers. And some nice little touches with human party members and the running shoes are real nice.

Also those cutscene sequences are extremely good.

I'm also surprised at the amount of shiny pokemon I encountered. I couldn't even encounter one in the original game, and yet I have more shiny pokemon than my actual team.

All that I can say, is that I look forward to more of Dark Energy in the future, as I am curious about how the story will unfold, and what kind of challenges and obstacles await. Major props to you and to all that have helped you Miksy. Good luck with everything!

miksy91

Years
I played your hack, and first thing I see in the wild grass...

A SHINY RATATTA!

I love this hack already! :D
Well yeah, it's pretty common to encounter shiny pokemon in this hack.

Okay, I believe I have finished the Dark Energy Beta so far, reaching the point where the guard gives the message, and have beaten 2 sidequests, gotten 3 Elemental Orbs (which I assume the villains have 2 Orbs, also that third Elemental Orb (the Green Elemental Orb) sequence was rather admittedly frightening and pretty suspenseful), I have defeated all of the Gyms save Raven, I have beaten the top General of Team Darkness I have beaten the hardest trainer of Supreme Mode, and I have beaten Sage Master Neal. I even got the briefcase, and most of the pages for the original eeveelutions.
You've finished most of the stuff already indeed :)
In case you haven't unlocked Espeon from that book yet, try and do that. As a prize, you'll get a Key which you can use to access a new, secret area. You can also try and do the rest of the sidequests, and see some more stuff that way but it's up to you really!

Also, nice to hear you like the implementation of the green elemental orb cutscene! Haven't gotten any feedback of that so hearing something good about it felt "refreshing".

This hack has quite alot of plot involvement, and some very original sidequests for a pokemon hack, among other original things in this hack and I do like the fights. And as for the Undefeated Pokemon of the West Suden sequences and implementation I do like quite a bit. I do like the Battle Simulator above all of the pokemon centers. And some nice little touches with human party members and the running shoes are real nice.

Also those cutscene sequences are extremely good.

I'm also surprised at the amount of shiny pokemon I encountered. I couldn't even encounter one in the original game, and yet I have more shiny pokemon than my actual team.
Thanks for all this praising as well!
I know my hack has lots of good points, but there are some things that could be improved as well.

By the way, I've modified the asm routine that determines, what kind of DV values are required for shinyness. Now 750/65536 different DV value sets lead to shinyness, while in the original version, only 8/65536 do.

All that I can say, is that I look forward to more of Dark Energy in the future, as I am curious about how the story will unfold, and what kind of challenges and obstacles await. Major props to you and to all that have helped you Miksy. Good luck with everything!
Thanks for the support! :)

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
Hey Miksy, is the seventh sidequest possible to do in this beta, or will I have to wait for Beta 5.0?
Here is all the others I have done:

Spoiler:

The sidequests are quite nice. Nice job Miksy.

Back