• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello everyone!

Years
Hello there, I'm Jin Of The Gale. I'm 17 years old and I've been playing Pokemon ever since 1998. The first game I played was Red version and Charizard has been my favourite Pokemon ever since generation 1. I started playing Pokemon competitively in 2005 at the age of 10 in a simulator called Pokemon Netbattle during the Advance (R/S/E) era. I slowly started losing interest in Pokemon after Diamond and Pearl versions were released in English. This was when the users of Netbattle slowly migrated to Shoddy Battle which was the only simulator that supported generation 4 (D/P/Pt) back then in 2007.

3 years later, I decided to play Pokemon again after one of my old friends from Netbattle told me about Pokemon Online. The simulator was visually appealing and I could not quit it as I had the chance to spend more time with my old friends again. I was very bad at battling at that time because it was the first time I was playing with D/P/Pt Pokemon. But eventually, I got better with the help of my friends. I left Pokemon Online for a couple of months and returned when generation 5 (B/W) was implemented. I found it boring because the metagame was unbalanced, unlike generation 3, and there were a lot of Pokemon to choose from while making teams.

So I decided to stay around and spend more time in the community. After staying there for a year and a half, I was promoted to a moderator on the server in January 2012. I got the opportunity to meet a lot of people and make new friends. I became quite popular on the server and the community too. After one of our administrators left Pokemon Online because he had to deal with issues in real life, I was chosen to take his place.

I think I've said too much about my competitive Pokemon career. My hobbies in real life are listening to music, playing old games on my PS2/Gameboy, playing instruments, hanging out with friends, playing soccer, etc. I've been a huge fan of Michal Jackson ever since 1999 and I like wrestling even thought it's scripted/fake.

Anyway, it's nice to meet you all. :)

Reactions: Cid
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2013
Hello Jin Of The Gale,
Nice to meet you that was a rather interesting new user thread.
But anyway welcome to the Pokecommunity!

Have fun.

Galoria

Moo~ ♪
Years
Here we go!

Hello Jiny, it's nice to meet you in there! I'm very glad you joined us, even if we met in PokémonOnline it will be nice to speak aout everything in there too :3

I do not pretend to say I know a lot of things about you, but almost!
But wait, since when do you like Michael Jackson? Haha joking d:
As we can see, you really like to battle people (and kicking many of them *Tickle*)
Anyway! I'm so glad to see you in there. I hope you will enjoy your stay in there.
Oh, and as said Wind Heart, you should to have a look in the Battle Center, if you're interested about battling some new players *~*

I hope to see you around, and if you need anything, just ask us. This Community has open arms with newcomers and very kind with the others.
If you need advanced help, just ask Cirno, she's a nice moderator! Even she's a little bit crazy though d:

See you and kisses~

:7:

Years
Hey there Jin, welcome to PC and it's good to meet you! Will start off by saying thanks for writing a more thought-out intro, it really helps me (and others) make a better reply in your thread! <3

Pokemon Netbattle.. that rings a bell even though I wasn't much of a competitive battler that long ago. You definitely did have quite an extensive battling history - getting involved in these little communities related to your interests helps you make a lot of friends you wouldn't have met otherwise, so those experiences should always be considered pretty special. But enough of the cheesiness or I'll put you to sleep! Our regulars already linked you to our Battle Center section for your battle-related needs, though our official battle server is on Pokemon Showdown rather than Pokemon Online. Have you ever tried out Showdown yet? It's browser-based (no downloading required) and is a lot more visually appealing, I think, since we get really pretty animations during the battle whereas PO is static from what I remember. A lot of amazing people use the PS server here and it really is one of the friendliest parts of the site so you should get involved and battle our members there sometime. :D Definitely check that out!

And you totally didn't say too much about your battling history as it was rather enjoyable to read. Forums like PC bring all different kinds of fans together and it's wonderful hearing their individual experiences when it comes to Pokemon. <3 I'm a little jealous that you play instruments, are there any particular ones you like to play more than the rest? Piano and violin are some of the most beautiful ones in my eyes and I'd love to own a piano again. Sadly we sold our old one when we moved out of Europe though, ack.

Since you have a lot of interests you'll probably be interested in many places here and hopefully everything is to your liking! Enjoy your stay, read the rules, and see you around~

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Hey there Gin!
WELCOME TO THE POKECOMMUNITY!!!
since 1998?! That's when I was born so I didn't really have that option, go Celebi! xD Anyways, Netbattle, I don't think it sounds familiar to me, what's a shoddy battle?

Hmm, so I'm guessing you have a preference to Sinnoh? xD Well anyways, like Cirno said (because Cirno and Cid are always right xD) You should check the server (here for info)
and I'm not sure if I can give a link to the actual server xD

So you were an admin at that place? Seems like you might know your way around the forums :D

I'mma interview you. xD What music do you listen to? What old games of the PS2/Gameboy? What instruments do you play? What's your favorite Michael Jackson song? etc. xD

Anyways, (Like Cirno said, because whether we like it or not, Cirno and Cid are always right xD) Thanks for giving a detailed intro and really letting us get to know you, have fun and enjoy PC! Bye!

~Sincerely
PikakittenX, devout member of the Pokecommunity

Years
It's nice to meet you all. I'm not much of a competitive battler, but I'll take a look at the Battle Center section anyway. :)

@pikakitten
Pop and R&B. WWE Smackdown vs Raw, Fifa, Need For Speed, Grand Theft Auto, Pokemon Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, FireRed, etc. Piano and drums. Stranger In Moscow (HIStory album). :)

Back