Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!

Age 28
Female
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
35,954 posts
14.9 Years
I just wanted to post about doubles randbats (and VGC) support on the server now given that a lot of the regs online just then didn't know about it and it's something people ~crave~. Just challenge someone and it'll be near the bottom of the formats list. Plus it is the INFO thread technically!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!

Age 28
Female
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
35,954 posts
14.9 Years
So apparently there are timestamps, which can appear ugly. If anyone wants to turn them off it's with the following commands:

To turn them off - /timestamps off
To put the timestamps on in minutes - /timestamps minutes
And to put the timestamps on in seconds - /timestamps seconds

They'll appear as default when you enter the server, which is apparently a new thing!

(This is like the first thing I've ever discovered how to turn off/on without checking somewhere, I'm so proud of myself tbh).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!

Age 28
Female
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
35,954 posts
14.9 Years
I just want to add in a note regarding data spam. I haven't discussed what action can be taken yet in regards to it but I want to let you guys know that being voice, and being able to use !data is a privilege, and shouldn't be abused. Only use it if you need to check the data of something, not spam it whenever you get a chance. As you'd know, the data command uses up a lot of screen space, and can disrupt conversations if used too often. Keep that in mind, or we might need to work on a way to disable the command if this keeps up.

Also, on another note, I noticed there's ways to allow and block challenges, which can be useful to challenge spammers that some of you face.

To block: /blockchallenges
To allow: /allowchallenges

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!

Age 28
Female
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
35,954 posts
14.9 Years
Just an update on the avoiding challenges command,

It's now changed to:

To avoid - "/away"
To turn off the avoiding challenges - "/back"

There's also now the option to add highlights to your name, so now if anyone says your name, or your nick you can read up and see it easily highlighted.

This can be done with "/highlight add, golurk", for example and it'll highlight that every time it is said. Oh and to remove highlights, type "/highlight remove, golurk"

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!

Age 28
Female
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
35,954 posts
14.9 Years
Um, the server is temporarily down, it will be fixed when PPN wakes up. :x

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!

Age 28
Female
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
35,954 posts
14.9 Years
Server is now up, by the way ;x

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!

Age 28
Female
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
35,954 posts
14.9 Years
Wolf, small suggestion. Can you make a separate just NU randbats? Without those in PU (so according to the usage stats?) and keep Lower Tier Randbats?? PLEASEEEEE. :3

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!

Age 28
Female
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
35,954 posts
14.9 Years
i agree entirely. i also don't think it's appropriate for 11 year olds, given the type of discussions that are going on there, and the fact that some of our users are 11. perhaps we should just outlaw it, and rather save it for when PS creates separate channels, and have a 18+ channel, etc. although that could be a while away but i do agree that something should change because it isn't right for that kind of stuff to be said to, and around children that age.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!

Age 28
Female
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
35,954 posts
14.9 Years
We'd like to welcome back GolurkIsDaBomb and tigerBLADE to server staff as mods to cover times where we've had issues covering, as well as Aurora to driver! We have every confidence in the newer additions and we are sure they'll do a great job. Congrats guys!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!

Age 28
Female
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
35,954 posts
14.9 Years
Okay guys we've had enough. You guys constantly questioning the moderators decisions and stressing them out is terrible behaviour from all of you. Honestly I'm sick of seeing that you guys are constantly questioning auth, we chose the ones we chose for a reason, because they are good at what they do.

We've discussed it, and if you have a legitimate concern with a moderator/driver OR their actions PM either Wolf or me - do not complain about it to the moderators or the chat. Either respect the moderators decisions - all of which try their hardest to make the chat a friendly place for everyone. Don't bother going to the server if you want to cause trouble, start drama, troll, get annoyed over not getting auth, etc. It's as simple as that, if you're trying to ruin others fun then just stop because there's no point.

Quit it; the bad chat environment, the questioning moderators or we will punish you.

If you have a SERIOUS issue tell us. I'm so over hearing this constantly and you guys as community users should act better on your own server, because it's what you make of it, and right now you guys are making it a circus.

It's not fair that server staff have to stress over you guys because you keep misbehaving. From now on if you guys do start questioning their decisions they can and will mute you, because collectively we are all over it. Start behaving, or we'll crack down harder than you can ever imagine.

Melody

Banned

Female
Cuddling those close to me
Seen March 4th, 2018
Posted March 2nd, 2018
6,460 posts
16 Years
I am here to make an appeal to Wolf and Nica.

The alt situation, frankly, is out of hand. Not only is it annoying to myself as well as some other members who agree with me, it causes unneeded confusion. I cannot grasp why users need to have so many different aliases on the server. Is it because they're bored or what? I mean if you're that bored that changing your name and getting a new color is "fun", why not just make a competitive team instead and channel that boredom into something a bit more productive for the benefit of the server?

I mean to realize how bad it is, just look at your user list. It took 45 minutes that one night to de-voice all the users who were voiced. If that's not enough of a reason just take a look at this thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=300005&page=5

Why in the world should a thread used to document alts have 5 pages and only have 48 users on it? It's ridiculous and I believe a rule should be made against multiple alts. It honestly requires me to ask people constantly who they are just because they felt like using a different name for that day. It might not be so bad for auth'd users who can alt check, but for regular members it's just a ****fest of names that change on a daily basis for next to no reason.

I'm not asking for alts to be ruled out completely. I just think a limit should be placed on how many there can be and people have to be a bit more careful when deciding to change their names. If I'm not mistaken, there was a rule created to only allow 3 auth'd alts per moderator. That didn't stop some of them from using more than 3 anyway and just de-auth'ing old ones.

I'm sorry I seem so pissed off, but it's because I am. I honestly can't stand the **** show that is the alt game on the server.

Not to mention the complaining about ugly colors. Stop caring. Seriously.

Input is welcome.
I feel like you're overreacting a bit. Most all of us have alts; you're one of the few that refuses to have one. I'd say that makes you a bit of a minority in that way, but that's not all that my argument consists of.

Our usernames are what we use to express ourselves; our moods, our desires, our feelings, our passions, our favorite things, and/or even things we are. PC itself is incapable of allowing name changes for a technical reason that we soon hope to overcome; but I see no reason to create such artificial limitations like that just because you don't like to look up in the directory of people who voluntarily show which names they have registered to them.

I assure you that nobody on the Server has particularly been able to abuse their pseudo-anonymity in any significantly disruptive way the staff of our server and creators of Pokemon Showdown haven't already addressed. I don't think that anyone has been any cause of any problems because of it, nor has it caused anyone any problems other than a minor inconvenience while they go look at the list. While it makes logical sense from an access control perspective to expect our staff and authed users to maintain their powers on only a few alts, I do not believe there is any logical reason to force users into the same position.

Even if such a rule were created, I would flat out refuse to honor it; even if I could never come back. I think most of the server would feel the same way. Even Nica or Wolf would have to realize that it would alienate a lot of people.

I strongly recommend that the staff do not consider limiting users alts. While it might seem to improve things for some users; it would ruin the positive experiences that many more users have had thus far. While I myself get confused from time to time about who is who; I believe we can address this problem quickly and efficiently so that all can have an enjoyable experience.
When people end up being muted or locked they always go to the fact that they didn't know what the rules were or were never warned about the rule they broke but what they don't realise is that it only takes a few seconds to ask staff or any of the active members of the chat what the rules are. You should have enough common sense to either find what the rules are and get familiar with them so you don't end up banned/muted or PM a member of staff before you post something to make sure you're not violating the rules. Also this thing of people trying to get around Bans and mutes by finding the smallest sort of loophole in the rules is stupid, Rules are not set in stone they have exceptions and can be adjusted depending on a situation, people should accept the fact they've broken the rules.

I've spoke to some people and they are on the same page as me in the fact that there is too much smut on the battle server at the moment, it seems like every single day I come there are people having a sexual discussion or making smut like comments and it's becoming annoying. I don't disagree with people having a laugh and maybe the odd cheeky comment because I do it myself a few times in a day but if you intend on sitting their and making comment after comment which is considered sexual or inappropriate you should either take it to a PM or stop talking about it altogether. It's becoming increasingly hard to have a real conversation with people because every time you make a comment it could end up with someone making a sexual pun about it.

As for the issue I've been seeing a lot which is going to be a dig at the mods of the server, It shouldn't matter who the person is that is breaking a rule if they've broken a rule they should be punished, I've seen it a few times were people who are friends with mods or might get on well with them are given special treatment when they break rules and in my opinion I think it's disgusting that mods throw their principles and the rules out the window because the person who is committing the offence is someone they get on with. No one on the server should get special treatment no matter who they are or what they've done in the past.

As Chase and Jin said about mods having lives I know that is the case for most and they may have things going on which are going to be more important than moderating a battle server but some mods seem to not care at all when someone decides to spam or troll or make comments to people, they just sit there and think it's amusing. I think the higher staff should really consider reviewing who they have as mods and who is actually doing the job they've been promoted to do.

It wasn't my intention for this to be a rant or anything like that but just my observation of what I've been seeing recently. People are going to have different opinions about what I've put and that is perfectly fine but I thought it would be better for someone who is a regular on the battle server to share what they see on a daily basis.
Yeah, it seems every time I peek on there someone is referring to 'erectile dysfunction' or something and I'd like to point something out..

IT'S FOR BATTLING! You want to talk about testicles? PM your friend, we're not interested. Kids are going on that man, and I saw some pretty young folks being influenced by that dirty talk.

And yeah, I know they have lives, but for those of us who don't, people who are living life are AFK when we need them most. ;;

And for the troll solution, this will weaken the blow a bit:

Only allow swearing for frequenters and mods and high staff, that way, the trolls can't swear and make someone feel like crap. They'll just have to call them a pooface or something.
It's not my job to butt in, and I don't know the whole story, but that really doesn't seem mutable. I'm sure if someone of a higher rank did it, or a more prestigious person, like Hikamaru, you wouldn't do anything. People make fun of Nova all the time in there as a joke, and I see cussing and stuff rather frequently depending on the situation, but no one ever gets in trouble for it.
I agree, all I see is constant muting. And yeah, if high staff broke the rules, they'd be ignored. But a normal member will be muted, locked, banned and they'll throw away the key. Honestly, it's a bit sad. Sure, if they're spamming, but if they're teasing each other playfully (without use of testicle terms) then I see no problem. Flash a warning in their face if they're starting to wander just out of the safe zone, but muting for sixty minutes? Seriously dudes, I sincerely hope you clean up that server and maybe give it common sense.

Annnnnd stop being biased, not good, dudes and dudettes.

Yours truthfully, deviously and somewhat crazily,

Vanessa. (AKA, Rozu, part of the Mafia etc.)
I reckon if we can refrain from being insulting, we should. Whether it's for a laugh or not, you don't want to be the one which tips someone over the edge. I agree with Stranger, refrain from that even if it does mean a cigarette or pork, because that's just for some places. I hope that we can all mature in that department because when I see people picking on some innocent person because of their skin colour or sexuality, I want to be sick. I heartily reckon that is PATHETIC and I'd like to see that the battle server does become a community where one can go after a hard day's work, talk to their friends, engage in a battle without harassment.

I know I've been accused of harassment and so on and I'm kinda regretting it now, because it kinda turned my life upside down and someone got involved who really had no right and now I'm in a tough position and I'd like to say that it isn't worth it.

(And being racist is SO last century, so can the human race just like, cool it?)