• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Pasta!

Team Name?

• Keep Team Pasta

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Pasta Throwing & Hacking Team

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Something Else With Pasta

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something Entirely Different (Post What)

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
Years
  • Wanted Job(s):Banner Making, Beta Testing, Light Mapping
    Proof of work:
    mine.png

2zyfl2f.png

bannerempire.png
    nowgen.png

Past experience: Now generation, blazing empire, new world order, new era, elemental blaze.. etc.
    Contact information: pm me or... [email protected]

Shadow-Lugia

Musn't..... Get......GRROOO!!!
    Years
  • w00t!
    We have a scripter and a mapper!
    What? :paranoid:
    Anyways, on a *cough, cough* completely random note *hack, splatter* does anyone have any idea how nintendo make good shades on their sprites!?
    (No, ThePastaThrower, it's not working as well as i expected... back when I made small edits i could do them, but now they just don't work, maybe it's his heads angle...)

Gloosh

Is Playsing the Porkemons.
    Years
  • I used to sprite. I quit because I was bad.
    Every color has 4 shades, a main, a highlight of the main, a shadow of the main, and an outline. Never use black.
    Some less important colors don't have a highlight of don't have a shadow depending on their placement.

All lighting on all Pokemon sprites have the light coming from the top left.
    And now I have to go to basketball practice, I'm going to be late anyways. Hope I helped, sorry I couldn't post pictures :P

ThePastaThrower

...Is adding extra meatballs..
    Years
  • w00t!
    We have a scripter and a mapper!
    What? :paranoid:
    Anyways, on a *cough, cough* completely random note *hack, splatter* does anyone have any idea how nintendo make good shades on their sprites!?
    (No, ThePastaThrower, it's not working as well as i expected... back when I made small edits i could do them, but now they just don't work, maybe it's his heads angle...)

Send it to me and I'll fix it up. I'm starting to get pretty decent at shading.

Anyways, you can use black, if in small amounts, but it's a good way to start a sprite. Use Anti-aliasing (smooth the edges with darker shades of your color) afterwards. I'd still suggest to use dark gray instead of any black, it looks better.

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2009
    I can be a mapper.
    Proof: I have two maps I made in my albums on my profile
    Past Experience: I'm a mapper for someone, but I don't think I remember his name.

Gloosh

Years
  • Yeah, a little black is okay, just not for the entire outline.
    ^ This monkey kid isn't even close to close to as amazing as I wonderfully happen to be...
    But I think he could do pretty well.
    (But it's your call, Mr. Team Leader Sir.)

P.S.- INSERT THEMS TILES FASTER SO'S I'S CAN GIT TO WORK FANFANFANFANFANKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!D:< (Or whoever is inserting tiles, too lazy to check)

Last edited:

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2009
    Well, make something city-ish (Ruby has good tiles for that) and I'll see if you're in.

Uh... I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: If GLOOSH over there is gonna be a jerk, then no thank you!! I'd much rather work alone on my own hack than join a team with a JERK!!

Gloosh

Years
  • Being jokey-aroundy is the kind of person I am.
    So, sorry if you couldn't tell, but I was joking around.
    No hard feelings? :P

ThePastaThrower

Years
  • Uh... I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: If GLOOSH over there is gonna be a jerk, then no thank you!! I'd much rather work alone on my own hack than join a team with a JERK!!

Hey, don't take it too seriously. He's really excited about this project, and he's very into it. His humor might be a little on the rough side (*ahem* like mine), so no hard feelings against anyone, okay?

Gloosh

Years
  • Well, I don't care for him really.
    His maps really aren't special. He gives the large building a shadow, but not the mountain/cave or any other building?
    It's really plain too...
    What town would leave all that hedge there? It's a big inconvenience. Try to make them look like an actual town might look.
    Not a big loss.

EDIT: And how old are you? 7?

Last edited:

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2009
    Well, I don't care for him really.
    His maps really aren't special. He gives the large building a shadow, but not the mountain/cave or any other building?
    It's really plain too...
    What town would leave all that hedge there? It's a big inconvenience. Try to make them look like an actual town might look.
    Not a big loss.

EDIT: And how old are you? 7?

Normally I would insult some one who said sometihng like that to me, but you're not worth it. I've got all kinds of people who are worth and insult.

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
  • Woah whats going on here? looks like there is a little fight going on, no need for you guys to start being mean to each other :D

ThePastaThrower

Years
  • People, people, calm down. There's no need to insult anyone. Everybody just relax.

I haven't heard from Arcelio in a while. Maybe he has some ideas up his sleeve, I don't know.

Mapper(s), you can start planning (not mapping) the first map in the game. You can start mapping when Fan King is ready with the tiles. It's supposed a southern edge of the Lower City, where it's pretty narrow and raining heavily (lightning). Use your imagination. There's supposed to be a pretty big building where you escape from, and some other random buildings. Once again, imagination, my friend.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back