• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OLD] Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

yellowbird

is mother teresa. hugs.
Years
  • Age 112
  • Seen Oct 24, 2016

Then they shouldn't be making shiny versions in the first place if they like to make it difficult to obtain them.

Well, they can mkae it as difficult as they want, I just don't like this "The game won't LET it be shiny" business. Like Dream World Pokémon. I feel like Game Freak/Nintendo regrets the whole shiny business.

Hooh

Only if for a night.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
Great, now I can't get my Gold Reshiram with smexeh purple fire.

Also, RNG'ing makes NO sense to me, all this "go to blahahah to get to frame 2) and stuff.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015

Well, they can mkae it as difficult as they want, I just don't like this "The game won't LET it be shiny" business. Like Dream World Pokémon. I feel like Game Freak/Nintendo regrets the whole shiny business.

Wait. Dream World pokémon can't be shiny? I guess it doesn't make much of a difference since their abilities can be bred, but wow that sucks.

Honestly.

Shiny Zekrom lol.

Meh...the green lighting isn't that bad. :/

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
Years
  • Age 113
  • Seen Nov 5, 2014
Wait. Dream World pokémon can't be shiny? I guess it doesn't make much of a difference since their abilities can be bred, but wow that sucks.

Bred Dream World pokemon can be shiny. I'm not sure about regular ones though.

yellowbird

is mother teresa. hugs.
Years
  • Age 112
  • Seen Oct 24, 2016
Bred Dream World pokemon can be shiny. I'm not sure about regular ones though.

Yeah, so it's not THAT big of a deal, but this constant banning of shininess is just kind of dumb. :P

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
Speaking of shiny pokes, does anyone know how the RNG process is coming along for B/W? I've seen a few IV'd 5th gen mons around here, but I was wondering if they finally found a way to RNG in gen 5 & how difficult/easy it is?

AngelXavier

The Blue Dawg
Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2011
Just bred
276.png

Shiny Tailow Male
Jolly Guts
OT:John ID:29503
EggMoves:BraveBird, AerialAce, WhirlWind, DoubleTeam
31| 31| 31| 31| 31| 31|

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
It's all a matter of opinion whether you think 5th gen RNG Pokemon are hacked, but since smogon is totally dumbstruck by hacks, you can assume they are.

Also, Swellow fails without Pursuit and Brave Bird. :D

Detox

I can too, when have they EVER cracked the RNG so fast after it was released? I started hearing things on Smogon of them cracking the RNG only a week and a half after B/W was released in Japan. It just doesn't sit right with me.

yellowbird

is mother teresa. hugs.
Years
  • Age 112
  • Seen Oct 24, 2016
I can too, when have they EVER cracked the RNG so fast after it was released? I started hearing things on Smogon of them cracking the RNG only a week and a half after B/W was released in Japan. It just doesn't sit right with me.

Well, I'm just going to take everything with a grain of salt.
Just think, the people who are cracking this have had like 3+ years of practice with cracking DPPt and HGSS, so what's another game to them? That, coupled with the fact that BW RNG might actually be easy brings it into the realm of possibility.

But I still think it's unlikely that it's been FULLY "cracked"

yellowbird

is mother teresa. hugs.
Years
  • Age 112
  • Seen Oct 24, 2016
Well considering Smogon didn't crack the RNG in DPPt until sometime in 2009, I'd say they have 3+ years of experience.

I've seen posts of people who "learned from smogon" on other forums that were made in like 2008.

But no, so I was off. By a bit, but yeah. The people still know what they're doing and what to look for.

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
Years
  • Age 113
  • Seen Nov 5, 2014
I'm wondering when Game Freak is going to get pissed and make the RNG next to impossible to anticipate.

Hooh

Only if for a night.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
I must be crazy, I don't care about Pokemon natures/IVs/EVs.

I'm so off topic.

yellowbird

is mother teresa. hugs.
Years
  • Age 112
  • Seen Oct 24, 2016

Cool? That doesn't make you any less or any more of a person.

I'm wondering when Game Freak is going to get pissed and make the RNG next to impossible to anticipate.

I'm betting the third game, Gray or whatever you want to call it. xD

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015

They'll probably send a lawyer from Nintendo with a cease and desist order instead. >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back