• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legend of Zelda- The Minish Cap

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
  • *has January 10th marked down on his calendar*

Nintendo is seriously tormenting me. The game is in English in Europe already, why can't you release it here!? For the love of God release it!

I've heard that it is short but the best handheld Zelda game so far.

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
  • It's a pretty good game! I haven't had the time to play much of it but I think it's worth getting if you like zelda!

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    what's with the hat with the beak? i haven't played it. i'm considering buying it. if it's truely the best handheld zelda (better than links awakening is very hard to beat in my book) then i ought to get it.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • rsgh5 said:
    what's with the hat with the beak? i haven't played it. i'm considering buying it. if it's truely the best handheld zelda (better than links awakening is very hard to beat in my book) then i ought to get it.
    Based on what little I know, Ezlo (the hat) is the reason why all the Links there after (Minish Cpa is the first game) where a hat. The Minish people, I think, turn into the Kokiri. I think they base their clothing on the previous Hero, who had this remarkable hat. Then as we find out in TWW, the clothing is passed on again because of another Hero. But Ezlo and this Link started it all.

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
  • The American release was probably pinned back because of the DS launch over there. Europe doesn't even have a DS release date yet - NOE are making an announcement in January, which spells an April/May launch by my reckoning.

So you see, it swings both ways. ;)

Oh and yeah, I'm getting TMC for Christmas.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I quickly skimmed through some info today. I think the North American release is translated better or something. There's more to it than that and I didn't read it too well, but I'm in a hurry.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • The North American game will be the same as the English one, of which I have XD

It's a lot better than games like the Wind Waker, and it definitely measures up to classics like A Link to the Past and even (dare I say) Ocarina of Time. It oozes with Zelda magic from start to... well - I haven't finished it yet... but I'm sure the ending will be dramatic for sure. ^_^

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Lucifer said:
    Why would they translate it better? O_o
    PlanetGameCube: When you say Minish Cap went gold, did you guys do the translation for the version that's being released in Europe first?

Bill Trinen: Yeah, that was kind of a complicated project, because Europe wanted it this year for their market because they need something strong for handheld. So we did the English translation while they were still finalizing the Japanese text. And we're seeing a lot more of that. I mean, it used to be that they would finish a Japanese game, it would go gold, we would get the text, and then start working localizing. I think Mario & Luigi was probably one of the first ones where we were working in conjunction, side by side with them. Where they're still writing the Japanese text while we're translating it. It ends up being a lot more work since there are so many changes. So we did do the English translation in the European version of Minish Cap, and then Europe, they actually, I think, were going from Japanese to their other languages. But, I would recommend waiting for the US version, because the text in the US version is going to be a lot better.

PlanetGameCube: So you're actually fixing it up beyond what's going in the European version?

Bill Trinen: Yeah, we did fix it up beyond the European version.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I knew Bill, good guy. He's a translator for games at Nintendo of America if you haven't figured that much out yet.

fudge01

Uzumaki Naruto!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 28, 2006
    his game is too awesome the graphics are so awesome great storyline best zelda game yet.

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    There WAS a thread for it, I'm not sure if it's too old or not. I have the ROM, yes the English one, but I don't see why they don't just ship it here and realese it?

FireEmporer

I win. You lose.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 3, 2006
    God I want this game! When does it come out? Is it out yet? I'm confused...

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
  • TRIFORCE89 said:
    PlanetGameCube: When you say Minish Cap went gold, did you guys do the translation for the version that's being released in Europe first?

Bill Trinen: Yeah, that was kind of a complicated project, because Europe wanted it this year for their market because they need something strong for handheld. So we did the English translation while they were still finalizing the Japanese text. And we're seeing a lot more of that. I mean, it used to be that they would finish a Japanese game, it would go gold, we would get the text, and then start working localizing. I think Mario & Luigi was probably one of the first ones where we were working in conjunction, side by side with them. Where they're still writing the Japanese text while we're translating it. It ends up being a lot more work since there are so many changes. So we did do the English translation in the European version of Minish Cap, and then Europe, they actually, I think, were going from Japanese to their other languages. But, I would recommend waiting for the US version, because the text in the US version is going to be a lot better.

PlanetGameCube: So you're actually fixing it up beyond what's going in the European version?

Bill Trinen: Yeah, we did fix it up beyond the European version.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I knew Bill, good guy. He's a translator for games at Nintendo of America if you haven't figured that much out yet.

Come the game's US release, I'm willing to bet the translation strays very little from the one used for the UK release. Probably a few more Americanizations here and there, but nothing drastic. As long as there's no typos/grammatical errors in the existing English script then I don't see what else could need fixing.

Regardless of whether NOE wanted the game asap or not, the team should still have done their best with the English translation at least (other European lingos could probably get a bit more complicated). So by saying that the US translation will be better, he's more-or-less admitting that they didn't translate the Euro version very well in the first place. Nice to see he takes great pride in his work.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • They'll put "z"s on words that England English puts "s"'s on, such sa organisation (and not organization), but their won't be anything major major... since it was released in Europe before Japan... so they can't really do much. XD

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
  • That's what I mean really. If they've already got a fresh English translation ready and waiting then they're not exactly going to tinker too much with it, if at all. In any case, he's hardly going to advise the US fans to go out and import the Euro copy. They want the American version to sell after all.

Some sites I've visited are going way ott about that interview, saying that the game's going to receive a "massive overhaul" in it's US translation. -_-

O

Your Mom
    Years
  • And also Color VS Colour, Centre VS Center. I think its kinda weird with Link being able to turn small... :o And the fact that you can't use the broken Picori Blade... It's filled with magic. I'd rather use that then the sword the Blacksmith smithed.

Back