• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Name Change Requests - 01/09/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
please read this entire post carefully before replying or it is possible that your username change will be refused and you will not be offered a second chance for another four months

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8434094&postcount=118

The September 2014 Username Change Thread

Welcome to the new username change thread! We've recently changed the format of how we run username changes. Rather than having one thread that is open all the time, we will now be making three username change threads a year, each of which is open for two weeks only. If there is a currently active username change request thread, you can use it to request a username change. It's as simple as that. At the end of the two weeks the thread will be closed and an administrator will do the changes. You may only change your username once during this period and after your username has been changed you must wait for the next thread to open (this is slightly different if you are a Crystal or higher supporter; click here for more information). To summarise:

• username changes are made only three times a year.
• three times a year, for two weeks, you will have an opportunity to change your name.
• if there is an open username change thread, you may request a name change.
• you may not change your username outside of these two-week periods.
to clarify: it does not matter at all when your last username change was. If this thread is open, you can have another one.

Simple, right?

Some rules regarding username changes apply. If your request does not adhere to these rules it will be denied and you will need to wait until the next username change period to ask again. Furthermore there are some rules for the use of this thread.

• There is a format for requesting a username change. In your name change request post please include the following so that it is easy for us to reference who you were and who you are asking to be:
    [B]Current username:[/B]
    [B]Requested username:[/B]

[any relevant information to the username change]
    Please be thorough in giving us any extra information that you feel is relevant.

• You may not change to a taken username unless...
    a) The taken username has not logged on in four or more years.
    b) The taken username has not made any posts.
    c) You have made 100 or more posts on the PokéCommunity.
    All of the above conditions must be met to take an already-used username. If you would like to change to a taken username and these conditions are met, it is really really helpful to include a link to the taken username in your post. You can and should check if a username is already taken; see below to find out how.

• Please do not post in this thread unless you are asking for a username change. If someone has made a mistake in their request and you have noticed that, contact them privately but only if you are certain. This thread is for username change requests only, even if you are a supporter or a staff member. If you need help, send me a Private Message.

• Make sure that your username is appropriate. If it includes vulgar language or does not follow the forum rules in some way, it isn't allowed as a username. Special characters are fine but be aware that they can be hard to log in with and will not display properly for all users. Please also limit your username to 36 characters (including spaces) or fewer; any more can break parts of the forum's display.

I cannot stress this enough - always search to check if the username you want is already taken. Aside from miscalculations with timing, which are eliminated by this new system, this was one of the main reasons for username denials before. There are two ways to see if a username is already taken and I recommend you use both of them before posting.

• The Member List. Click on that to go to the member list. Find "Search Members" in the top right of the screen, click on it, and type the username you want. Press "Go" and if no results are found, it is likely that the username is available for you to use.

• Direct profile URLs. Copy and paste the following without the quotation marks:
    "http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?username="
    then add on to the end of it, after the = sign, the username you are interested in. For example my URL would be "http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?username=shenanigans", and clicking that will take you to my profile. If nothing loads when visiting that URL then your requested username is not taken. If a profile does load, the username is taken.

That's about everything. Please be patient after making your request as it may not happen immediately (or even within the entire two weeks), and please remember that if you have a problem, you can PM me about it and I'll get back to you as soon as you can. Otherwise, thanks for reading, and enjoy your name changes!

This thread will be re-made on 1st January, 2015.
If your name change was denied, please try again then.
If you would like to dispute a name change denial, please contact me via PM.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2014
do not listen to him he is a liar :(

confirming the stuff stated above

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
Current username: Dawn Defect
Requested username: Alfieri

I'd rather use my real first name. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.