• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you be a strict or a lienient parent?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    When (and if) you have children of your own, do you think you will be a strict or lieient parent?

What kind of values will you instill in your children?

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • I would be in the middle.

I'd expect my kids to try their hardest in school, and if they have any problems with the teachers/work/etc., I would want them to tell me so I can help get things worked out. And if they're having a tough time at school, I'd look into sending them to a private school, but before doing so, I'd ask them if they're interested, and if they are, I'd have them shadow there so they can experience what a day in the school is beforehand.

When it comes to housework and food and such, I'd expect them to eat what I serve, and not pig out on junk food all the time. I'd have them do whatever chores are needed to be done, but I wouldn't have them do too hard chores else that would probably be considered overworking them.

Overall I want the best for my children and for them to learn what's necessary in life.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I'd follow in the tradition of my parents. They were strict when they needed to be, but they let me have my space.

To be fair though, raising me was pretty easy because I was nerdy and antisocial and never fell into groups that would get me into trouble. There's no telling what my kids are gonna be like. XD

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
  • Like said I would be in between I think being too much of one is not good and doesn't help. I was raised in between so I would pass on that to my kids, with a few changes to things I was taught.

reyzn

Years
  • I'd follow in the tradition of my parents. They were strict when they needed to be, but they let me have my space.
    Same here. My parents were strict up until I realised that all I needed to do was to prove to them that I was capable of taking care of myself and be responsible.
    They were also typical asian parents, which I think I will be too one day.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Do what my parents did.

So..in the middle.

I would teach them to respect everyone no matter what, to never hate, and that no group of people is better than another group of people. Unless of course one group is like..a group of Nazis or something. Those are some major things a lot of parents either don't do themselves or don't enforce.

Oh, and I would teach them to not be stupid enough to say "Gay people have more rights than straight people in ___" as that not only is false, but will never happen. They may be equal, but not considered better.

The Apprentice™

PC's Offical Gangsta
    Years
  • I would do what my parents did...

Beat them until they learned their lesson and install fear in their heart xD Never !!

I would probably be in the middle, just like everyone else here. But if I had to choose between strict or lienient, I could choose strict cause I was raised that way. I want a child, not a best friend. I already have a best friend. xD

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    I think at first I'd need to be a kind parent not to scare the child or anything ^.^
    But as the child grows older you need to teach it some 'discipline', however if the child's alright and quiet, I see no real reason to teach him some manners,
    However yes teaching children manners would be hard..
    Uh..
    Guess I have to go half with everyone else then >.>

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • I am going to wing it when the time comes. XD
    I will put my own values in them, and change my parenting skills to soot the individual child.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Lenient! Lenient, lenient, lenient, lenient! I have very strict parents right now, and I do not want my children to suffer what I have suffered. : (

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Well I'd be strict on education but I wouldn't expect my kid to get straight A's all the time.

Also I'd have to adjust that if my child had some kind of learning disability though I'd still like them to try their best.

I'd raise them to be Roman Catholic but when they get to be teenagers I'd let them convert to another Christian denomination if they wanted to.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I'd be strict but not stifling. I'm european so I think it's fine to offer a child around 8 or older a taste of wine at the dinner table or a sip of beer. I feel like children who are withheld from something until they are older often lash out and overdo it just because of the parental restrictions.

Years
  • A bit lienient, but not up to the point where they get spoiled and have attitude problems. I'd wanna be strict when the situation calls for it to, but it'll still be difficult. xD

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • I would be whatever kind of parent my child seemed to require. If that meant a strict/lenient parent, then so be it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2010
    Id be both. I cant be a sargent on kids but i cant let kids get away with smoking weed every weekend.

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
  • I have a feeling I'd be the kind of parent that would let their kids do pretty much anything they wanted as long as they weren't getting in trouble with the law or doing drugs or something of the sort. My mother's just been very controlling of me so I think that's why I might be way more lenient with my kids than she was with me.

I would want to be the kind of parent that could go out places with her kids and actually joke around with them and get along with them :3

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • I dunno really. I would be strict if I had to be but it would be fair.
    I would just try and expose them to good values and try and bring them places like when they're older so they're exposed to more things than within teen culture. Like art and news and stuff.

I would just try to raise them with all my love and care. and give them the occasional treat (:

Back