• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you be a strict or a lienient parent?

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    Probably more towards lenient, but only after I was sure they understood how to manage themselves and act around others. So long as they didn't get in trouble with the law, do stupid stuff, and maintain good grades (and by that I mean B's or higher), I'd probably give them a lot of free reign.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I'm gonna see some of my mom's techniques as an example and most of my dad as an anti-example.

I want to allow my children their space, and their self-growth to expand. I want them to try their best in everything and take advantage of the technology they will have in their hands. I will of course trust them with their own computers at a young age like me and guide them through school. My dad is almost never in the house, so I want to try to get a job that doesn't require so much travel. In terms of fortune, it may be hard, but I want to make sure they have more when they are growing up than what I have now.

Personally, I really don't want to be strict. I want to be light-hearted and understanding. I also want to be fair. I know from experience that what scares children the most is the reaction of parents, usually not the punishment itself.

Stairmaster

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2010
    I currently have a daughter. She is almost a year old. I think I will be a lenient parent. Though I do want her to be a good person nonetheless, so I will have to be somewhat strict on some issues. I certainly won't let her do anything illegal.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    I'm going to be a lenient parent like my parents.

I would let my kids have their fun and space, but only if it is absolutely necessary I would be strict and mean.

Back