• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Hoenn Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeddiursaFan

is a TeddiursaFan
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2013
The migration thing doesn't make any sense. Foreign species running around in an uncontrolled environment is never a good thing because that disrupts the ecosystem. Despite ruining so many laws of physics, the Pokémon World still functions as a proper biosphere.
Maybe riceeman could change that part in that instead there was a bunch of swarm pokemon in Hoenn, but there was something like a storm or whirlwinds surronding Hoenn so that the swarm pokemon couldn't leave. So they would breed in Hoenn, and that some chose not to leave after the storm or whatever. Maybe the time of the game could take place when the swarm pokemon are trapped. Maybe pokemon could migrate due to a disaster like in the Pokemon movie that had Lugia in it (I forget what it's called. It has Tracy in it.) It's up to him like what Neo- Dragon said.

SL1MSHADY

WATCH THE THRONE
Years
WOW u rock at mapping!
i really like the patches of dirt in ur maps, makes em more realistic!
great job and can't wait for more!!!

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
Okay guys, I'm away for a week, but after that, I should have an update for you pretty soon. With me making the tiles as I go, it means I have to wait until I've done tiles to map certain places, but I should be able to finish my sample quest soon.

Cryptic Message:
Islands normally are found in groups of more then 1 Islands, or smaller isles off of the main island.

What does it mean? Sorry, but you're going to have wait a loong time to find out ;)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
I'd gladly help out with mapping or storyboarding if you need it, I have a copy of RMXP lying around :3

Pika Storm

learning to script
Years
wow, this game looks amazing, I have a few things to ask about the game though, they are not bad though, so you can relax

1.) is a group of islands off a mainland island the smaller islands around the larger island of hoen? ex- sootopolis, evergrande city, southern island, or the smaller nameless islands scattered in the ocean?

2.) if the only plot is missions that you can choose at will, are there only a few that come with the game or are they updated through the internet? (if if is the first then the missions could eventually run out)

3.) not really a question, but if exotic pokemon are released into an ecosystem, as long as the numbers of the species are not disproportionate to the number and eating habits of the species already there, the ecosystem would run smoothly, it would jsut be bigger

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I think that you could explain the reason for introducing all of those new species as there being a decline in the numbers of native species, and the ones that you are bringing are to balance out the ecosystem.

Just an idea.

Good luck Ricee!

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
wow, this game looks amazing, I have a few things to ask about the game though, they are not bad though, so you can relax

1.) is a group of islands off a mainland island the smaller islands around the larger island of hoen? ex- sootopolis, evergrande city, southern island, or the smaller nameless islands scattered in the ocean?

2.) if the only plot is missions that you can choose at will, are there only a few that come with the game or are they updated through the internet? (if if is the first then the missions could eventually run out)

3.) not really a question, but if exotic pokemon are released into an ecosystem, as long as the numbers of the species are not disproportionate to the number and eating habits of the species already there, the ecosystem would run smoothly, it would jsut be bigger

1) Yees.....I wasn't merely stating that fact though. There is a reason why i said it even if it is a long way off...

2) There will be lots of quests to begin with. I will probably try to find some way of updating as well though. But this kinda ties in with the above question. Trust me, there will be enough gameplay.

3) Yeah. I like your idea Yuaoman. Maybe I'll make a small backstory about how Hoenn was covered by a plague...yeah, this sounds goood.....

Thanks for your questions. Sorry for the lack of screenshots, but I'm working hard to try and get something to show you...

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
Years
Wow mate, very nice! The tiles look great, but I guess that whats happens when such a talented spriter sets his mind to the task ahead ^^ Keep up the good work :D

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
I have an idea you could use.
You could make it so the Ocean has dried up and so that where it used to be, could be replaces with forests or explorable areas. If not the whole ocean just do some. The hoenn ocean was always dull to me except for the factor of diving.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I have an idea you could use.
You could make it so the Ocean has dried up and so that where it used to be, could be replaces with forests or explorable areas. If not the whole ocean just do some. The hoenn ocean was always dull to me except for the factor of diving.
No no, don't take away the sea!!!
Please...
-------------------------
Fixed the bush shadows yet?

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
I am NOT taking away ANY Sea. Just NO. Anyways,... :D

Work is stll ongoing, but still no Screenshots to show yet. Sorry D: Please keep this thread alive though!

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
In case you haven't noticed, even the creators of Pokémon pay a lot of attention to ecosystems. The different regions have different native Pokémon and cultures. There's a whole realm of physical and cultural geography within the Pokémon world that the vast majority of fangames seem to ignore. Have you noticed how there are very few ice Pokémon in Hoenn and Fire Pokémon in Sinnoh? This is no accident. In the past, there were relatively few Pokémon so the same ones kept being repeated every year. However, starting in the Hoenn region you start seeing regional natives that are true natives. Northern Sinnoh is a mixture of tundra and alpine biomes. Orange Islands are tropical. Kanto and Johto have continental climates, and Hoenn is mostly subtropical.

Melash

Back for now.
Years
I just looked at this thread, and I must say, it looks very good. I like the whole idea of not having to 'save the world' or do anything like that, it's something that never happened in any Pokemon games. The sprites look a little pixelly (for advanced gen), but still, they're excellent.

I'll be watching this thread!

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
Years
In case you haven't noticed, even the creators of Pokémon pay a lot of attention to ecosystems. The different regions have different native Pokémon and cultures. There's a whole realm of physical and cultural geography within the Pokémon world that the vast majority of fangames seem to ignore. Have you noticed how there are very few ice Pokémon in Hoenn and Fire Pokémon in Sinnoh? This is no accident. In the past, there were relatively few Pokémon so the same ones kept being repeated every year. However, starting in the Hoenn region you start seeing regional natives that are true natives. Northern Sinnoh is a mixture of tundra and alpine biomes. Orange Islands are tropical. Kanto and Johto have continental climates, and Hoenn is mostly subtropical.
I know you have been told this before, but you are actually behaving like an internet bully now . . .
Anyways, why do you think that after migration the Pokemon can't actually adjust in the Hoenn? Why do you think that if he will, he will have all the Pokemon there. Do you not think that he will think twice before deciding which Pokemon to be found in an area.
You can't actually say anything about them deciding to have Pokemon according to the climate. When R/B/G were made, they had no idea that they would make newer games. If you already don't know the story behind R/B/G about how it was not as popular before the anime and everything.

And how do you think that Pokemon can have an ecosystem of their own anyway. In a world where the trainers don't sleep, don't eat, Pokemon don't eat as well. They don't go to the loo, not even sit down. They can live their life in a Pokeball and what not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back