• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Stadiums (Stadium remake)

DarthSenorQueso

Officially number 1 snake
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 28, 2016
Name: Pokemon Stadiums
Hack of: Emerald
Made by: Mindless league

Introduction.

This is a remake of Pokemon stadium, the great games that were murdered by the coming of battle revolution. Not saying it's a bad game just that it could have been better. With more then 30 areas to battle in some original, some based off stadiums from Colosseum and from Stadium 1&2, this game promises a great verity of challenges.

Features:
-10 Area leaders based off the Mindless League
-Over 30 puzzles and stadiums to beat, including the battle frontier, Mount Battle, Regleam Tower, and gym leader towers based off the ones in stadium.
-10 original prize pokemon
-Have all 386 Pokemon in a rental system similar to the original games.
-Secret areas and many unlockable areas!
-The return of cups, have your Pokemon limited in the petite, buff and other cups.

Team:
Members of the Mindless League
MetalDeoxys- Team leader/Mapping/ideas
DarthSenorQueso- Mapping/planning/other programs(inserting and text)
Schiffy-Scripting
Mr. Dippo- mapping/planning

bugs:
SInce this IS a emerald rom, at this particular time we can not get this to work on the Visualboy Advance emulator, this game will only run on the No$gba emulator because of internal clocking errors.
Screenshots:
2lxe81v.jpg
this is the outside to one of the lobbies

1z6s0mp.jpg

This is the starting point, gateway isle.

fjj95j.jpg

This is a lobby to one of the stadiums

34oesuw_th.jpg

Mount battle lobby

2pq249l_th.jpg

This is Mount battle gardens

zjc4yg_th.jpg

This is the entrance to mount battle

2cna34k.jpg

spire gardens
User bars: none

Alpha: none as of yet
Want to help?

I need a list off offsets for emerald as well as help inserting Sprites and text.

We also need someone who can script fairly well to help schiffy.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
The maps ideas, and just ideas in general, seem decent. A lot of mapping errors need to be fixed, though. : P This could be easily put up to par, so good luck!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
the pics look good ... and it seems cool
i liked pokemon stadium but i dont understand how it is a remake of it

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2010
Clarification

This is MD here with the specifics.

This is a remake because you fight trainers featuring the exact same rosters as those on Stadium 1 and 2 when in the stadium and tower zones. Our original intention was to do that and only that, yet with what we had, we decided to do much more.

The areas of the game are divided into zones, 8 in fact:
Stadium 1
Stadium 2
Tower 1
Tower 2
Tower 3
Mount Battle
Colosseum
Topia (pending)

The Stadiums and first 2 towers stay true to the original rosters of the games with similar restrictions such as size, evolution, level. For sake of space, only the master ball level will be available when playing in the Poke and Prime cups.

You begin the game with all available standard pokemon. They will be at level 100, and you will not be allowed to alter the stats or movesets (true to the original game). These pokemon will act as the rentals you will use throughout the game.

Upon completing a zone, you will face a zone leader, and beating the leader will result in the earning of a badge like memento, something will occur when you gather all 8.

That is all for now, and we would benefit from a good tile hacker

Schiffy

Faceless Hack Supporter
Years
  • Age 30
  • Orre
  • Seen Jan 31, 2024
This is Schiffy, the scripter for Pokemon Stadiums. Some problems still need to be addressed. If anyone is familiar with the Pokescript format, and working with RSE,
I could use info on these issues, please leave me a message on PC.

It is most likely that, if perfected, one guy will give you ALL 386 Pokemon at once, then disappear.

There will be no out-of-battle use of HMs, no hold items, no catching, and you will not be allowed into a zone unless the prior is completed.

After finishing one zone, not only will you be allowed in the next one, but there will be a bonus area accessible that may give you an undecided bonus gift.

Names of Zone Leaders:
Those with PC accounts:
Schiffy
DarthSenorQueso
MetalDeoxys
Those w/o PC accounts:
Dr. Death
Relish
Tokugetsu-Ningen
NeroDavinci
DufelLord

No names are official

Schiffy

Faceless Hack Supporter
Years
  • Age 30
  • Orre
  • Seen Jan 31, 2024
it might take some time to finish this, we havent been getting chances to meet

Schiffy

Faceless Hack Supporter
Years
  • Age 30
  • Orre
  • Seen Jan 31, 2024
As a contributor to this hack, this thread must be prevented from dying!!!!
Also, again, if ANYONE can help with scripting Emerald, and I mean ANYONE, we are looking for help

Schiffy

Faceless Hack Supporter
Years
  • Age 30
  • Orre
  • Seen Jan 31, 2024
As a contributor to this hack, this thread must be prevented from dying!!!!
Also, again, if ANYONE can help with scripting Emerald, and I mean ANYONE, we are looking for help

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
Years
I have an important question. Will there be a way to get pokemon that AREN'T rentals?

NatureKeeper

This is a remake of Pokemon stadium, the great games that were murdered by the coming of battle revolution. Not saying it's a bad game just that it could have been better. With more then 30 areas to battle in some original, some based off stadiums from Colosseum and from Stadium 1&2, this game promises a great verity of challenges.

Features:
-10 Area leaders based off the Mindless League
-Over 30 puzzles and stadiums to beat, including the battle frontier, Mount Battle, Regleam Tower, and gym leader towers based off the ones in stadium.
-10 original prize pokemon
-Have all 386 Pokemon in a rental system similar to the original games.
-Secret areas and many unlockable areas!
-The return of cups, have your Pokemon limited in the petite, buff and other cups.

2lxe81v.jpg
this is the outside to one of the lobbies

1z6s0mp.jpg

This is the starting point, gateway isle.

fjj95j.jpg

This is a lobby to one of the stadiums

34oesuw_th.jpg

Mount battle lobby

2pq249l_th.jpg

This is Mount battle gardens

zjc4yg_th.jpg

This is the entrance to mount battle

2cna34k.jpg

spire gardens

Let me write something.

Alright, let's get to work. Erhmm. Apparently this is a Stadium Remake, so it'd have better been FireRed or LeafGreen, but overall the animations will help it seems Stadium-ish.

The mapping seems to square and unnatural to me. I do like Mount Battle and its Garden (but not the lobby.), though. Others look so out of order, especially Gateway Isle.

Overall, this hack needs some mapping improvements and edit a pallete to give a new theme to the area, and make it look 3D-the thing stadium's about.

I can do script Emerald, but this hack needs major mapping improvements before I apply.

Idea: 9.5\10
Graphcs:

-Mapping: 3\10
-Overworlds: Unchanged as of now.
-Battle Sprites and Overall Look : Unchanged of now.
Scripting: ... Unchanged?

Assured as of now: 12.5\20, with 30 other marks unassured.

OVerall, your weakness is mapping. I was bad at mapping myself (and may be still not that good, but square mapping isn't really a thing I am a fan of.)

Please accept it as constructive cricitism.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Your mapping needs MAJOR improvement.
Before worrying about scripting, improve your maps.
I'll help with scripting when you improve your hack.

Schiffy

Faceless Hack Supporter
Years
  • Age 30
  • Orre
  • Seen Jan 31, 2024
I have an important question. Will there be a way to get pokemon that AREN'T rentals?

We are most likely not doing rentals, all 386 Pokemon will be available to own.
As for What NatureKeeper says, yes, FR/LG might be a better idea. Though i was thinking R/S as well. We haven't done anything major that can't be switched over to a new base ROM, so thanks for the advice.
Otherwise, yes, our maps need work, but the screenshots are mostly just "map-prototypes." Mount Battle itself will be 100 platforms with a warp point at the end to easily get back, similar to the Coliseum/XD idea.

TheRichar

Check my Thread :3
Years
Well, let's see, the starting point, gateway isle, looks kind of lonly (or however it is spelled) as same as the mount battle looby and at the spire gardens, it looks weird the way the tiles change, (from wood to floor) and maybe , can you change some tiles or the hero's OW? I think it'll look better. All of this are meant to be a "constructive critism" :D Good luck!

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
Nice hack idea!! The mapping is not great but others have stated that already. All I will say regarding that is that the tiles don't really mesh with each other too well. The square maps don't really bother me, but I understand how the bother others. Though, I don't really understand why that's a problem in this hack, because of the fact that these places are man-made facilities... Whatever. Anyway, I'll totally play this when you have a release. I'd help out, but I'm afraid I can't do any scripting. I might make a support banner if I have time. Well, good luck!

Schiffy

Faceless Hack Supporter
Years
  • Age 30
  • Orre
  • Seen Jan 31, 2024
Though, I don't really understand why that's a problem in this hack, because of the fact that these places are man-made facilities... Whatever. Anyway, I'll totally play this when you have a release. I'd help out, but I'm afraid I can't do any scripting. I might make a support banner if I have time. Well, good luck!

Thanks, mini, I'm glad someone understands the "man-made" point. But even if you can't script, we will need some help, maybe with mapping, but a support banner is always a good idea.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
will you have rivals that try the stadiums to
or something
or improved/new OWs for the heroes

Back