• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Old gamer - Is it worth coming back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2011
    Hey everybody, i started playing Pokemon when i was a little kid with the GameBoy Color when Pokemon Red/Blue came out.

I played Pokemon Gold, and Emerald after, and then when it shifted to nintendo DS it was time to move on, since i didnt have the money to buy a DS :( even so i have always kept an eye on the series since i still love Pokemon.

Today im 18, i got a ps3 and a high-end gamer pc ( about 4700$ under the hood :) ) i play alot obviously, and recently with both Nintendo 3DS and Pokemon Black&White coming out, the urge struck back.

I cant decide if i do drop 300$ to buy a 3DS and Pokemon Black&White or i just move on.

Im not going to play anything else on the 3DS besides Pokemon, the 300$ will leave me with empty pockets ... meanwhile i really want to get back to playing Pokemon .. i just cant forget the damn awesome game

So do you think its worth the get the 3Ds and the game or not?

Give me some advice i just dont know ...

Snowflakes

GONNA HATE?
    Years
  • You don't need a 3DS to play Black and White. You could just get a regular DS and play it on that.

Personally, I would wait until it comes out and reviews of it come out to decide if it's worth it based on what people who played it say. That's what I usually do. 'Course, people don't always share your views on something, but it's good to get another person's opinion on it.

Good luck! Hope I helped.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2011
    Well a dsi is 150$ and a dsi XL 180$ if i come back ill go deep and pay a little more and buy the real thing :) its not going to be for only one game, later ill get the Pokemon games i havent played, and ill play the next games too

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I was the same way. Black and white is definitely worth it. It got perfect scores on famutsu , also its the best rated pokemon game so far so if you like the other games this one is better.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Like Snowflakes said, you can play it on any version of the DS. Getting Black and White? Its totally worth it. It is a "fresh start" for you. :D

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
  • It's worth it. I've played the Jap. version and I give it a 10, even without understanding it :P But if I were u I would also buy the 4th gen games, so you can send your pokemon from Emerald over :P And have a nice adventure, of course.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2011
    Oh well its settled ill get it. :)

You guys think its worth getting the game but what about the DS version?

Its worth getting the new 3DS to play Pokemon games or should i save 70$ and get a DSi XL for 180$?

I know im making too many questions but just one more thing xD ive been searching and i saw wi-fi compatible for the game. Well what can you do in the game with the wi-fi?

Im from the time when we had to stick the game adapters to our Game Boy Advance and stay in a short distance to trade and fight 1vs1. :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Oh well its settled ill get it. :)

You guys think its worth getting the game but what about the DS version?

Its worth getting the new 3DS to play Pokemon games or should i save 70$ and get a DSi XL for 180$?

I know im making too many questions but just one more thing xD ive been searching and i saw wi-fi compatible for the game. Well what can you do in the game with the wi-fi?

Im from the time when we had to stick the game adapters to our Game Boy Advance and stay in a short distance to trade and fight 1vs1. :)

First off, you should not get a DSi XL and wait for a 3DS. The 3DS has compatibility with DS and new 3DS games.

Second, you can battle, trade and play some mini games over wi-fi.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2011
    Oh the awesomeness :) how do you select ( or the game selects ) who you fight over the wi fi?

Thats a point too Para-Dox, if a 3DS only Pokemon game comes out later im screwed

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
  • I think you should, not only could you play a game you love, but many other old games are being re-created, for example, LoZ: Ocarina of Time. And an actual remake this time, not just a port.
    But DO NOT get an XL. The bigger screen puts the graphics quality down, and has no other features to distinct it from the DSi.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • A 3DS game will most likely come out later, so if you don't want to have to go and just buy a 3DS later you might as well just pick it up now instead of a DSi if you have the money for it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2011
    Yeah its true, ill just get the 3DS and the game.

pokewalker mentioned me getting the 4th gen so i could send over the pokemon from Emerald, like sending the Pokemon from GBA to the 3DS?

Ive got 700 hours of Emerald gameplay alot of lvl100 and rare Pokemon it would be awesome to send them over. :)

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
  • Just get whichever one you prefer, from DS to the 3DS. 3DS doesn't come at about 20-30 days after Black and White's release, so I'd get a DSi[XL], unless you'd like to wait to get something new, but of course, what I've been hearing is that the 3DS is very good, but very pricy.

From all the effort you've spent on your Emerald, I'd buy a Diamond or Pearl so that you can transfer. If you want to have some fun on those games, buy HeartGold or SoulSilver, but I believe you have to play the game pretty deep to get to Pal Park.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Well, the only way you can transfer Pokemon over is with a DS or DSLite, they're the only ones that have a GBA slot.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
  • Yeah its true, ill just get the 3DS and the game.

pokewalker mentioned me getting the 4th gen so i could send over the pokemon from Emerald, like sending the Pokemon from GBA to the 3DS?

Ive got 700 hours of Emerald gameplay alot of lvl100 and rare Pokemon it would be awesome to send them over. :)

But... then you would need to buy a DS lite and not a 3DS... But I've got a Lite and DSi and the DS lite still is very good! I only bought the DSi because of the Download channel...

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    But... then you would need to buy a DS lite and not a 3DS... But I've got a Lite and DSi and the DS lite still is very good! I only bought the DSi because of the Download channel...
    i recomend getting a dslite and a 3ds so you can migrate import and trade anytime you want

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    A whole lot of opinions have been shared and I'm pretty sure you have a good idea of whether you'd want to get the games/3DS or not by now. If you have anymore questions on the 3DS before you purchase it, check out the The 3DS Information Thread. Otherwise further questions about Black and White should be asked in the Simple Questions sticky.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back