• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAWR ^_^

Feels So Retrosexual ^_^
Years
  • The Transfer Machine guy is the guy in the Game Freak building in Huin right? Every time I talk to him he tells me he's working on the end of the game and to come back lack but I've finished the story and had the credits, or so I thought. Is there anything specific to do storywise after the whole N/Adeku business and the credits roll that allows me to get the Transfer Machine?

So annoying, I wanna do the Zoroark event thing. All help is appreciated! :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • The Transfer Machine guy is the guy in the Game Freak building in Huin right? Every time I talk to him he tells me he's working on the end of the game and to come back lack but I've finished the story and had the credits, or so I thought. Is there anything specific to do storywise after the whole N/Adeku business and the credits roll that allows me to get the Transfer Machine?

So annoying, I wanna do the Zoroark event thing. All help is appreciated! :)
    You unlock the Transfer Machine in the same way you unlock Mystery Gift by saying certain phrases to a scientist in Castelia City. Here are the phrases in Japanese: みんな (Answer 1 left), ハッピー (Answer 1 right), かんたん (Answer 2 left), つうしん(Answer 2 right).

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years

• This is like the 100th time this question has been asked.

You cannot trade directly between 4th and 5th Generations.

Only by using the PokeShifter; You need two same region games to do this.

To expand on this, it's just like Pal Park only you catch the Pokemon differently. You PokeShift them and play the mini-game where you shot balls at them jumping around.

And just like with Pal Park, you need two same region games. I can't trade from my English SS to my Japanese White. But I will be able to once I get an English White.

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    do pokes still follow you, or is that exclusive to HG/SS?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Are the Johto Pokeballs not coded into these games?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Not really In-Game related, more of a general woundering, still releated to Pokémon Black & White of course, but will anybody be taking the day off Work/College/School ect. on the release date, I've heard a few people are doing that :).

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Are the Johto Pokeballs not coded into these games?
    Sadly you can't use them in Bw even if they are from what I've heard :(
    Also this is kind of out of Curiosity but does BW save faster than Pt? It was a drag saving after putting a pokemon in the Pc...

Last edited:

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • How Dream World Works

I have searched the forums and could not find what I was looking for. So I want to make a place to ask questions about Dream World.

My big question is about Dream World abilities. Alot of the special abilities are aimed at competitive battles. If there is a short list of 6 or so Dream World abilities I want, how many hours (one hour a day) will it take to find those pokemon I want.

Will I be able to search Global Trade for these abilities? Am I expected to cheat? I've legitimatly breed and trained sereval dozen pokemon. I don't want to cheat, but these abilities are so cool I might be willing to cheat if I can aviod 100+ hours of befriending 650 pokemon for the minority I want.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I have searched the forums and could not find what I was looking for. So I want to make a place to ask questions about Dream World.

My big question is about Dream World abilities. Alot of the special abilities are aimed at competitive battles. If there is a short list of 6 or so Dream World abilities I want, how many hours (one hour a day) will it take to find those pokemon I want.

Will I be able to search Global Trade for these abilities? Am I expected to cheat? I've legitimatly breed and trained sereval dozen pokemon. I don't want to cheat, but these abilities are so cool I might be willing to cheat if I can aviod 100+ hours of befriending 650 pokemon for the minority I want.

Simple questions is where you ask questions like these (even if it is related to the Dream World, it still belongs here).

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Is Earthquake given to you? I'm tired of searching Ancient Castle for it. :(

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • You've gotta be kidding me. Well, does anyone know the route I should take? Damn, finding a TM doesn't need to be a project.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • You've gotta be kidding me. Well, does anyone know the route I should take? Damn, finding a TM doesn't need to be a project.
    Sure go to the west from the Resort Desert and that should take you to the Ancient castle, once you enter it you will find it in the first floor :)

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Say I buy a UK version of Pokemon Black. When I'm in America and an event is on at GameStop or wherever, will I be able to get the Pokemon on my UK game? I know that with Wi-Fi events I'll have to go with the European events and dates, but with local events, I can get the Pokemon right?

I'll ask on the HGSS thread as well to know what currently happens.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Say I buy a UK version of Pokemon Black. When I'm in America and an event is on at GameStop or wherever, will I be able to get the Pokemon on my UK game? I know that with Wi-Fi events I'll have to go with the European events and dates, but with local events, I can get the Pokemon right?

I'll ask on the HGSS thread as well to know what currently happens.

You should be able to, I used my US Diamond to get the UK Darkrai, so hopefully Black and White will work ~

@World

Sparking Wild Bolt
    Years
  • What Pokémon is a good HM slave in this gen? Is Biabarel obtainable at all?
    Can I catch a Shinx and Starly without trading?
    Can Shaymin change forms in the game?

That's all what I want to know for now.

Perriechu

Years
  • What Pokémon is a good HM slave in this gen? Is Biabarel obtainable at all?
    Can I catch a Shinx and Starly without trading?
    Can Shaymin change forms in the game?

That's all what I want to know for now.

Only 5th Generation Pokemon are available throughout the main part of the game, however only Surf & Cut are required for the entire game. Post-Elite 4, Others have to be used.

So to answer your question, no, Shinx/Starly/Bibarel cannot be Shifted over. (You can't trade between 5th Generation games and 4th)

Shaymin's alternate form is available, You have to defeat the E-4. Shift over an event Shaymin from your 4th Gen games and go to Kagome town, a girl in the Pokemon center will hand over the Gracidea flower.

@World

Sparking Wild Bolt
    Years
  • I meant like available in the wild, like they were in Heart Gold post game.
    I know you can't migrate back to 4th generation, that's why I don't want to trade them over to White, once I do they're lost.
    I could send a random Shinx and Starly over to White and train them... I'll guess I'll do it that way.
    I have quite a few event legendaries so I don't care about them.
    About trading, if I have an US Platinum and an EU White, can I use the shifter?

Perriechu

Years
  • I meant like available in the wild, like they were in Heart Gold post game.
    I know you can't migrate back to 4th generation, that's why I don't want to trade them over to White, once I do they're lost.
    I could send a random Shinx and Starly over to White and train them... I'll guess I'll do it that way.
    I have quite a few event legendaries so I don't care about them.
    About trading, if I have an US Platinum and an EU White, can I use the shifter?

Oh silly me :3

Bibarel is available at the village bridge post-Elite 4. Shinx is a White Exclusive.
    Starly's the same case :3

I don't know about the US/EU games :/ I'm curious as to know about that to.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back