• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Best G/S/C Moment!

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
As this is my 100th post I would like to go back to the game I started with! :3 What was your fondest moment in G/S/C?

Let me know here!

:3

Discuss!

10th post!!!!!!

Sirfetch’d

The entire game! GSC were amazing games and picking a favorite moment is really hard because when I think of one I am later like "OMG NO THIS MOMENT IS BETTER". If I do have to pick one though, I will say it was when I discovered that I could travel to Kanto and explore that region as well. It brought back memories of playing my Blue version and really added a cool and unique element to the games.

Years
Catching Suicune with just 1 Ultra Ball.
I had no Mean Lookers in my team then. As soon as Suicune appeared I threw the Ultra Ball and caught it.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
My favourite moment of GSC was when my Feraligatr swept Lance's team while being at level 40. That, and ironically, it had special attacks rather than physical ones.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
I was so ecstatic when I found out I could travel over into Kanto. I loved hearing the remixes of all the music and it just made me so giddy. lol

Actually, Kanto in the Gen II games kind of creeps me out now. Just how bare it is and how little there was to do there. It feels much better to me in the remakes.

Probably the most jaw-dropping moment in the game was when I discovered Red, though. I didn't know he was going to be on top of Mount Silver and my mind was completely blown!!

Years
Ohh.. so dificult to choose. Games had a lot of cool things.. but what really mades me enjoy with my old gold game.. was the surprise of can travel to kanto! That feeling of rediscover all that classic places and battle with old leaders mades the game really awesome and longer.. It's sad to see in new games (with the exception of hg & ss) when you complete the elite four and champion challenge the first time) you cant do any more especial things than complete pokedex.. and wait next game.. :P

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
My greatest moment was when I beat Lance. As a kid, I used to think that dragon-types were the strongest Pokémon, so I was kind of nervous to go up against him. Plus, all of his Pokémon were 10 to 15 levels higher than mine, so I had to battle him a lot of times to finally get him defeated. Catching Lugia was also a great moment for me, because it was my most favorite Pokémon back then~

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Climbing Mt. Silver to see a ghost standing on the summit.
Talking. Finding out that we're talking to ourselves.
Fighting ourselves on Mt. Silver. Sorry, Red, I meant Red.

That's basically all he said. From opus encountar to exuent, I really found it the most exciting moment. EVER.
And Feraligatr Lv. 100 finally got someone to fight.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 5, 2013
I can be pretty certain about this one, my favourite moment of the whole game is the second you surf from New Bark Town, from Jotho to Kanto. The music change, that fat guy telling you where you are, the new map.
Putting the old setting into the new game was a brilliant idea.

orangeralts21

Newfound Respect for Wobbuffet
Years
Im going to have to say my favorite part of my experience in GSC is my first Crystal Nuzlocke Challenge.
I found it hilarious that the new substitute I had to use for my dead Butterfree, Ella (RIP lvls 3-16), was catching a Snubbull. I had dismissed the potential in Lunn until after Goldenrod. Lunn eventually had helped me destroy Morty and the E4(with a little help from my favorite TM ever, Ice Punch)
I also was very sad that I had lost many friends like my first capture Zu the Pidgey (RIP lvls 2-34) and Gas the Koffing (ummm oops lvls=forgotten, sorry Gas)

The ups and downs and overall challenge made me think that that by far my favorite moment in all of the GSC i have played.

Years
My favorite part in G/S/C(besides battling Red) is, discovering that you could continue your journey in the Kanto region! And another part that I consider the best for me, was getting lost in the islands where Lugia was, to then finally come face to face with it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
- Best moments would be learning how to evolve Eevee into Umbreon and Espeon, back in the days. Both aforementioned reaching Level 100.
- Having Teddiursa in my party and reaching high level.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Continuing from what Fiery Dash said I remember fondly staying up late on a school night with the blanket over my head and playing the good old Gameboy COLOR thinking I wasn't being watched. I remember when my eevee began to evolve out of no where at night and I asked my friends if they had evolved their eevee into that before and they had no idea how to I treated that umbreon like a legendary.

tnfsf11

My favorite part in G/S/C(besides battling Red) is, discovering that you could continue your journey in the Kanto region! And another part that I consider the best for me, was getting lost in the islands where Lugia was, to then finally come face to face with it.
This, also when I went into Mt. Silver for the second time after I defeated Red before & found him again, even though he disappeared the first time in front of my eyes...

And the red Gyarados, silly me KO'ed it in my first playthrough, never knew what I shiny was -_-

Back