• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Starters

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I like Mudkip because it's the very first starter I used (in Sapphire). Froakie comes in close because it's the fastest Water starter we have, and I like fast, offensive strategies.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Cyndaquil is my absolute favorite. He's my first legitimate level 100 Pokemon. Missingno glitch doesn't count. I do love Squirtle too, though! Such good times...

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
I have an affinity for grass starters. I guess that explains everything.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
My favourite starter is Feraligatr. When I played Pokemon Silver for the very first time, I found myself loving the design and color of Totodile, so I chose it. And every time it evolved, it became more and more awesome. They also learned the move Bite, which I grew to love.

I also really like Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Infernape, Empoleon, Serperior, Samurott, and Greninja.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Oh my, I have many of favorite starter Pokémon, including Piplup, Chimchar, Snivy, Oshawott, Fennekin, Froakie, Bulbasaur, Mudkip and Torchic.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I love many of them. Bulbasaur, Charmeleon, Chikorita, Blaziken, Monferno, Empoleon, Dewott, Chesnaught and last but not least Froakie and its evolutions. Most starter families I don't love the whole family from. Only one or two of the evo steps.

If you count Pikachu though, I really like it too ;) I would have wanted to evolve it in Yellow version though.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2016
I wish I could settle on just one overall. :< The best I can do is one per region:

Kanto = Charmander
Johto = Chikorita
Hoenn = Mudkip
Sinnoh = Piplup
Unova = Oshawott
Kalos = Fennekin

­­­

Banned
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 27, 2013
Typhlosion, I remember I used to play Crystal 6 hours non-stop everyday, ahh those memories

MeetMeInUtopia

Do You Think you can tell...
Years
I've always been partial to Bulbasaur and now I have a lot of love for Chespin and his evolutionary line. Squirtle is also a little fun. But my absolute favourite is Chimchar. Infernape is one of the greatest final forms I've ever used. The other starters I have used were fun, mostly grass, but alot of them I put in the boxes.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2015
I have a preference towards fire-type starters. My personal favorite is Charizard, with Delphox as a close second.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
My favorite starter of each type would have to be:
sceptile.gif
infernape.gif
greninja.gif

It's probably no coincidence that all three of them are the fastest of their generation. XD

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
Years
Swampert and Greninja are my two most favourites. I love Water types, as well as most of the Grass types.

Years
Charmander and Chikorita! Charmander obviously because of his final evolution. Who doesn't love Charizard? :P Chikorita because she is the cutest starter Pokemon I've ever seen and she's my favourite grass-type.

Back