• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Blue Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Is this The right Place to post? Well Im making a game on rpg maker xp and this game up when im 25% through the game =[ Tel mr how to fix this plz
---------------------------
RPG Maker XP
Unexpected file format.
OK

This isn't the right place to post it. This thready is purely for the discussion of Pokemon Blue Chrome (the forum name "Games Showcase" should indicate that already). The Unexpected File Format message means that your Game.rxproj (in the root of your folder) is corrupted. You can fix this by replacing that file with the original one from essentials. If this doesn't work for you, then it means that your Game.rxdata is corrupted instead. This can be easily fixed by deleting it. Be careful though...you only want to delete Game.rxdata. The extension has to be rxdata. Otherwise if you delete the other "Game" files you might not be able to start your game.

For the future, post any questions in the Pokemon Essentials thread.

Last edited:

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
Wow. The new graphics look lovely. I think you're a good enough game maker Luka that this game is going to turn out great, with or without this minor speed bump. i admire you carrying on, and I wish you all the best.

V0RT3X

Scientist at fluid dynamics
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
The new summary menu really looks cool.
Maybe you can put the 5 white balls at the fourth screen a bit to the left.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Thanks everyone :D These all are still work in progress. Once I make my new tileset (from scratch again), I'll be able to post some screenies of the gameplay. I think I might come to the stage i lost my files in less than 2 weeks, then it's total development time.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
About bloody time you said sorry for being rude!

KIDDING!

Yeah, I think the new interface looks really clean and does look fresh. Of course, it has hints of HG/SS but I'm glad you put your own twist on it rather then copy it.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
About bloody time you said sorry for being rude!

KIDDING!

Yeah, I think the new interface looks really clean and does look fresh. Of course, it has hints of HG/SS but I'm glad you put your own twist on it rather then copy it.

HAHAHA! :D I had to though.

I though of ripping HG/SS graphics at first, but then though that I'd do it myself. I prefer it this way acctually, because now I can keep up with the HG/SS feel while co-ordinating myself in any way I want. This wasn't acctually a big loss. Kind of more like a gain.

And again...I shouldn't have let out my grumpy self out :)

lizardman974

I'm honestly just that awesome
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2013
Nothing can keep Blue Chrome from being made! Nothing! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

...I'm sorry for that outburst...kinda.

T3h Kaiser

Jovial Fool
Years
New interface looks pretty classy, I dig it. Very clean look. Why the two separate colors, though? Seems like it might be sort of jarring switching between blue and lavender.

I really respect that you've gone ahead and decided to redo everything. That takes alot of dedication, and I think alot of developers could learn alot from that decision. Best of luck to you.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
May I present to you the new Pokemon Blue Chrome. With new interfaces, new features and newer quest, Pokemon Blue Chrome is better then ever. Experience all your regions in the supreme dual screen system.

capture000p.png
capture001a.png

Atomic Reactor

Nice! Everything is looking slick as ever.
That light post is a little to saturated compared to the rest of the tiles...
Other than that, everything is nice. Keep it up.

>Dante<

Call me Steven
Years
This is a RPG of high-level..
both from the graphic style, and also from that of the programming
it's very beautiful that you have chosen to use the tileses of HGSS because are the best with the OWs of DPP.

About the selection of the spriters..
I have read the rules and I have send you a PM with my sprite.
I hope in your answer ;)

Last edited:

lizardman974

I'm honestly just that awesome
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2013
I love how you're including the ability to have your pokemon walk around with you! It's nods to HG/SS like these that really add to the game!

H-King

Elite Four Will Fan
Years
  • Age 30
  • Home
  • Seen Nov 4, 2012
wow, that looks awesome. You mentioned there was a new quest. did you mean there is a new story?

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
Interesting, your new interface is great. Also i'm glad you decided to change your resolution to the DS one. The graphic part will look like 200% cooler. I notice some things lile Heart Gold, but making an interface of your own way is better, I mean, if you make it like on Heart Gold, there wont be any difference. The fan games are suposed to be different from the official ones.
Whatever, i'm happy with your game. Keep it up! The only thing left for you is going to 3d, like me.

bluejays

Novice Trainer
Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
It looks like the game has turned for the better ^^ hope the best for this game

Dinoyipi

whited out!
Years
This looks like a great game! As much as I'd like to help, I don't know enough about game development to do so. I wish you the best on development, though.

V0RT3X

Scientist at fluid dynamics
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
this looks actually much better then the former version of the game.
I really like to see more of this awsome game

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
Hey, I have a question. Eventually will you guys make your own Hero and Heroine and other characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back