• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I sacrifice two monsters and summon...the Yu-Gi-Oh club!

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Hello EXO時代, guessing you're an EXOtic. Welcome to the clubs it's nice to see someone interested in the cards!

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
Years
Hi Exo, welcome. :)

I used to run a Gigaplant/Synchro deck, was really nice a few years ago, though it probably wouldn't hold up so well against the XYZs today. Might have to start from scratch one of these days, I do miss the competitive matches.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Wooh, welcome Exo~.

Anyway, yes, I've seen the original Yu-Gi-Oh Season 0. It's based off the first seven books in the manga. I thought it was terrible, tbh, because Yugi's voice reminded me of that distinct Lillian voice from the Rugrats. But the battles were fun! It's 26 episodes, I think, and it's when Seto had green hair, good times.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
We could use a new topic how about a poll on who is the best lead for each series?

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
My favorite lead is Yugi, because I have really fond memories watching the original series and his hair is boom.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
Years
best lead for each series?

DM - Can't go wrong with Yugi, the original King of Games who got people into the series in the first place.
GX - Didn't like Jaden, he got a bit annoying and angsty in seasons 3 and 4. Zane and Aster were cool anti-heroes though, and Jesse and his Crystal Beasts were cool too.
5D's - Yusei is a silent, stoic badass. Jack and Aki were good too, but I was never a big fan of Crow.

Haven't watched much of Zexal so I can't really say. :3

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Let's see:

Original: Well, Yugi is top dog, mmmm. Without him, the series wouldn't even be a series. (Lmao).
GX: Jaden is not a good lead character, tbh. I read a chapter book where he traded Syrus's bed for a card. Bad leadership right there.
5Ds: Yusei, omg. That man. He is such a strong character, and one of my favorite leads in Yu-Gi-Oh. I love his hair.
Zexal: Yuma is annoying, that's all I'm going to say.

I'm torn between Yugi and Yusei--both are great leads.

Germaniac

Victoria Concordia Crescit
Years
Username: Germaniac
Favorite Yu-Gi-Oh Character: Jounouchi Katsuya (or Joey Wheeler in english, hated the dub)
Favorite Series in Yu-Gi-Oh: Duel Monsters (Original)

Anyone else liked the DDM (Dungeon Dice Monsters)? It deserves more love, by the way I've always hoped they would make a series which takes place in the Spirit World with the monsters as its characters of course

Spoiler:

^ If that's boring hair, I'm not sure I wanna know what interesting hair is. ~_~

So here's a question - has anyone around here ever seen season 0 of the original anime? I've heard mixed things about it and I'm a sucker for the original anime series - is season 0 worth watching?

To be honest I also hated his hair in the first 3 seasons, but when I saw him in the season 4, omg he's hot now :o

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Username: LilJz
Favorite Yu-Gi-Oh Character: Yugi & Joey
Favorite Series in Yu-Gi-Oh: Duel City & Battle Kingdom

I love Yugioh, I still play the card game and I watch the series on and off. I currently run numerous decks; Rock Guardian, Harpie, Photon Galaxy, Empty Jar, Naturia Burn, Machina Vehicroid & Dark Magician deck :)

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Favorite card? I'd say Dice Jar :P

It's a VERY risky card but if you can be extremely lucky and roll a 6, you deal 6000 damage to your opponent :P

Germaniac

Years
Favorite card? I'd say Dice Jar :P

It's a VERY risky card but if you can be extremely lucky and roll a 6, you deal 6000 damage to your opponent :P
No wonder Joey is your fav then :P, err, Oxidation, you forgot to list me
EDIT: Guys, search for Yu-Gi-Oh! Dueling Androdisc, one day dueling might be a reality! (Google Glass D-Gazer anyone? :D)

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
My favorite card? Uh...

Fairy Injection Lily. ^^ It's a pretty life point pricey though, goodness. I think it costs about 3,000 Life Points to play or something? I forgot. xD

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Oof, 3000 gee that's a lot! Mine would be Nightmare Penguin because of it's effect and it has good defense and I don't need to sacrifice two monsters to summon it.

NightmarePenguinGLD1-EN-C-LE.png

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
My favorite card? Uh...

Fairy Injection Lily. ^^ It's a pretty life point pricey though, goodness. I think it costs about 3,000 Life Points to play or something? I forgot. xD

VERY good card :)

You pay 3000 life point for it to gain 2000 attack during the damage step. Add that with Honest and you got a beatstick right there :P

Germaniac

Years
No wonder Joey is your fav then :P, err, Oxidation, you forgot to list me
EDIT: Guys, search for Yu-Gi-Oh! Dueling Androdisc, one day dueling might be a reality! (Google Glass D-Gazer anyone? :D)
I feel pretty ignored :'(, btw guys, which is your fav duel from the anime? Mine has to be Yugi vs Strings

EDIT: my fav card has to be DMG xD, about effect, it has to be this:
SecretVillageoftheSpellcasters-DL14-EN-R-UE-Blue.png

Last edited:
Back