• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does anyone ever read mouseover text?

Do you read mouseover text?

• Always

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Never

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • lol wuts muosover txt xD

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
  • I notice lots of members here (myself included) have lots of little dotted lines in their signature. I personally can't help but read these when I see them, but do you guys? Do you just skim by it, or must you satisfy your burning curiosity that is aroused every time you see that little dotted line?

Sarah Paliner

:: Zetsubou no Carnival ::
    Years
  • Curiosity always get the best of me, so I usually hover over hovertext to see what members have to say that's too long for their signature. Besides, not like I'm busy with something more productive or anything...;_;

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Haha, I find that it actually takes up more room if you do have mouseover text. I was busy putting in [title] tags when all of a sudden it told me my sig had to be below 3,000 characters. I had to lose a couple of mouseovers in order to make it fit, haha.

Years
  • Depends on the context. If it's text like pair, theme, or something another, then I usually overlook it. I also ignore it if it takes up a majority of the signature space (i.e. everything has tiny dots under it). If it's ambiguous though, I tend to read it.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I only read it if I happen to see it while I'm scrolling on the page.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Most of the time I do, if it's an interesting member/signature, but if it's something obvious, like a pairing, then I probably won't look.

Jesh

M E M O R I E S
    Years
  • Haha, I always look at the mouseover text. Unless the outside says some crap like PC FAMILY OMG :DDDDD cause then I'm just like whoaaa no gtfo >:o

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    I love doing that
    Especially when they tempt me to look.
    Then it tends to be quite disappointing XD

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    Yeah I usually read them. It's like a hidden message that's out in the open. I'm curious. XD

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I pretty much only read them when I care about what it's going to say. If the signature caught my attention and I actually, you know, care who someone is paired with and whatnot, I'll hover. I usually skip over the ones that don't have an obvious meaning (ie, random phrases or words are title'd) since ambiguity often annoys me.

But yeah, if I'm actually reading everything in the signature anyway, I'll go for it. Otherwise I skim over it like I would anything else.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I will usually read over the mouseover text. If the signature is interesting enough and they got that type of text, I will check it out. I am a curious person as you can see. So sometimes I usually do it.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    Yes I usually do read them most like Luck when I am scrolling down the page lol:)

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    I usually do read the mousetext thingys :) You guys have some pretty interesting things in your signatures. :)

Back