• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen FireRed and LeafGreen, satisfactory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Best there was

Training To Be The Best
Years
  • Fire Red Leaf Green

My first thoughts when these games were released was great! I had good memories of Red & Blue, and these remakes did justice to the classics IMO.

• Updated Pokedex (after Elite four are beaten)
    • The games were in colour! Which is also a step forward lol
    • Extra Islands
    • Sprites had a lot more effort put into them
    • Male & Female Pokemon
    The only thing I would of liked is a little bit of an extra story line and thats because I didnt want the game to end!

Sire

Making Flareon Own You
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    I liked how Kanto pokemon were now available, but the game was insanely hard, too hard.

Aeonz361

Army of 1
    Years
  • I loved FireRed mainly because it was my first GBA Pokemon game, so it holds a special place in my Pokemon gaming heart!

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    It was an okay remake. I loved how it took me quite a while to complete the story, mainly because I had failed to realize how to open the door in Ruin Valley.

I also liked the Elite Four and Gary/Blue in this one. They had the boost, and I was completely unprepared for it. And, I was unprepared for Gary/Blue's Tyranitar in the re-match, so I was completely swept until I got a Golduck for Surf.

And there was the major improvement in graphics compared to the other games.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2011
    I personally liked FRLG. For me it had just enough twitches and changes to it to still make it interesting.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • Personally, I'd liked it a lot.

Of course it had barely any storyline besides "GET BADGES AND OMG TEAM ROCKET IS TAKING OVER THE WORLD AND THE SECRET TWIST IS THAT GIOVANNI IS THE EIGHTH GYM LEADERRRRRRRRRR~"

But the graphics left R/S/E in the the dust, and the Sevii islands added to the game somewhat.

An enjoyable game, and it's a great engine for hackers. If they added more unique features, it would've been dynamite.

Rio448

Hoenn Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2012
    I really enjoyed Fire Red and Leaf Green, they were great games in my opinion

Duskwire

Battling since 1993~
    Years
  • FRLG are my favorite Pokemon games of all time. I staretd Pokemon with the first gen, and have kept it up ever since. I always go back to playing FRLG because the game is basically still the same, the graphics and such are better, and I have problems playing new games (I usually don't get too into them).

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • I didn't mind that they had original music, graphics and what not, I liked it since I got to travel through the Kanto region again, also the Sevii islands impressed me alot.

Khall

Permafrost
    Years
  • FR/LG are just too boring for me. There's no real storyline, and I've played through R/B/Y so many times, it's just not fun anymore. The music is also a little annoying.

One thing I like about it? Getting my favorite Pokemon of all time as a starter (Bulbasaur).

AresTheAwesome

The Awesome Trainer...
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2013
    FireRed and LeafGreen left a lot of mixed reviews from players. For those who cherished the original Red, Blue, and Green probably felt that playing through FRLG was like reliving their golden days when they first got into the gaming franchise, but this time with a whole better visualization. At the same time, there were those who were fans of the original games, but thought FRLG was too much like the original versions and believed the newly released remakes weren't satisfactory to say the least.

How did you feel when you first played through FRLG compared to playing RBGY? Did you feel more should have been done with it? If not, were you fully satisfied with FRLG as a remake? If you could change one thing with the game, what would that be?

Lol, dude, it was red blue and yellow. There was never a pokemon green version XD.
    But leaf green posed as one of my favorites in the series. With the wide variety of good pokemon, plenty of legendaries, and a storyline long enough tho last for a good while. So i think everything about LG/FR is beast.

~Ares~

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    The tiles, the sprites, the overworlds were great but the plot was just plain ol' 1st Gen. They should have added the day/night system or at least the time clock in R/S/E. Sevii Islands were nice though.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I absolutely LOVE FireRed, I don't care what anyone says. It was nice to have the better graphics, since I replaying Blue recently and just couldn't get over how bad some of the sprites are! That, alone, made it worth it for me.

ohHeyVaporeon.

You just can't shake me.
    Years
  • Honestly, I really like Leaf Green. I missed the whole Kanto feel... So it was nice to go back through it, and to have another chance to go crazy with the Eevee Evolutions (which I oh-so love to do!). To some it wasn't... Great, but overall, I was very happy with what it offered. The Sevii Islands were interesting to me-- Not fantastic, but interesting.

PelipperMail

Banned
    Years
  • In FR/LG, you start your adventure in Pallet Town. Subsequent towns are named after colours - Saffron, Pewter, Cerulean, etc.

In my mind FR and LG were nothing more than an improved pallet, and nothing else. Sure, there were the Sevii Island, but what did they really contribute to the game, other than a few simple things that could have been implemented into the mainland instead. Especially the daycare.

Beaute

。◕‿◕。
    Years
  • I LOVED FR/LG !! FireRed was the 1st pokemon game I ever owned, so I cherished it greatly. I was satisfied with it....

echolocated

rated R for robocop
    Years
  • FireRed, was, to me, nice actually. It was my first Pokemon game actually(i went kind of nuts when i finally played it, haha). The sprites looked great, better than R/S/E's, and the Sevii Islands were great because they had the Johto Pokemon there. But seriously, TWO daycares(Were there? I forgot.)? So yeah, it was a pretty cool game, but it could've gotten more features implemented then it would have bested Chuck Norris.

Last edited:

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • I loved it! I got Pokemon Yellow as my first game when I was real little, and enjoyed it so much and played it to its fullest! Then when FR/LG came out, I was majorly happy that it was the same game almost but with lots of colors and realism. I loved it! I can't believe people are complaining that they didn't add anything new to it. I actually am glad they didn't, I just wanted it to be a revised version with better graphics.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back