• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New to Competitive Battling

Years
Hey everyone!! So I've been thinking about trying out the competitive side of battling but I have no clue where to even start..any suggestions? I know a little about IVs and EVs but not a whole bunch.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
We have some Guides & Resources that are helpful for new battlers. You can learn most of what you need to know by reading those guides and articles. After that, I suggest copying teams from Smogon's RMT Archive or using teams from these sub-forums that have a lot of Luvdisc by their names (the RMT Archive generally has outdated teams anyway). For some people, the best way to learn team building is by using other successful teams and understanding how they work before making your own. As for bettering your battle skills, some editions of The Smog have articles on battling strategy which you could read. The best thing you can do is practice though. Someone is usually up for a battle or willing to help you on our battle server, and you can join other events in the Battle Center.

Back