• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Grass Legendarys!?

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
Years
Iv just been wonderin why aint there any grass type legendarys? i mean they dont even use a common type for a legendary? still i think here should be a grass legendary! like a grass bird! XD

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
Years
I think there should be Grass legends too (Smellabi doesn't count because it's a Mew clone, and unobtainable in a normal fashion). I did make up a Grass legendray beast to compliment Entei, Raikou, and Suikun. It was called Morinu. mori from forest and inu from dog.

I think Nintendo bastardizes grass types. Of the starter types, they have the most weaknesses (5), Grass is offensively bad against many types (6 I think), and many can't learn a variety of special attacks outside of grass, so they have trouble exploiting the high special attack stat (I know there are ones like Sceptile who can learn Crunch and Exeggutor and Psychic, but generally grass types are "powder puffs"). Also we have YET to get our grass-type flamethrower. Leaf Blade was close, but it's exclusive to grovyle/sceptile and is just a grass type slash. And no legendary grass types outside of you know who just shows that Nintendo is mean to one of my favorite types.

It ain't easy being green...

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Grass Pokemon are stuck using grass special attacks. Without hidden power, they are even worst than now (and they're already doomed with hidden power). Vileplume has a great sp.att but there is nothing to use. Giga drain is the strongest grass attack Vileplume can learn, but it has poor PP and attack power. Grass types can learn close to nothing in the past. Exeggutor and Celebi brought psychic into the play but psychic is only exclusive to these two grass types. Grass types still have a limited movepool today. Sceptile takes a first step in grass type revolution as it learns a dark and a dragon attack. However the rest of the gang remains "useless" in terms of learning multiple elemental moves.

Nintendo/Gamefreak treats grass types as some weak and incompetent type or something... "without some "cheap shot" attacks, they will die"... that's the thing i'm feeling right now. A vast majority of the grass types have to rely on powders, spores and leech seed in order to be somewhat decent. Only a few is an exception to this.

Razor Leaf is considered a powerful attack, but in comparison to the more commonly used attacks like ice beam and thunderbolt, it is weak in comparison to attack power even if it does have 25 PP... Leaf Blade is not bad, but it is only equal to the elemental punches. It is still one level too low compare to thunderbolt and flamethrower. Not to mention, it's only a signature move hogged by ONE grass type.

What good grass attacks are there? Leaf Blade and Magical Leaf are the only decent grass attacks... The others will have to live with the old razor leaf (hopefully no one will have to resolve to the drains).

Grass type is poor in every way possible in terms of elemental advantages and disadvantages... look up grass type in one of those charts and prepare yourself for complete disappointment for grass elemental properties.

Grass types better get a major buff very soon...

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
Years
*slaps a leaf hat on Frosty's head*

Welcome to the PTGT (Power To Grass Types) club. While Grass' weakness to Ice does make sense, I think that's the one weakness that should be removed. I mean, Ice is already strong to flying, ground, and dragon, meaning any common water type can take those types down. Some people say that Steel should've had a water and/or electric weakness. I think it would be great if we removed Grass' ice weakness, so the poor darlings wouldn't have to fear some silly water-type's ice attack. Just make ice normal to grass, that's all I'm asking.

Oh yes, more about Morinu: I never made a finalized pic of it, but the way it fits with the other legendary beasts is that after the lightning struck brass tower, and the fire burned, and the water put it out, Morinu brought the surrounding plantlife back. Then again, this life-giving kinda conflicted with Ho-oh. This is why Morinu is a fan-made :D.

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
Years
Iv just always wonderd cause it seems (in the RBY/GSC) that basically all legendarys were Flying, Fire, Water/ice, Electric, and Psychic...im thankful for R/S cause they stepped out side the box! with rock, steel, dragon...

Spike Razzor

"Don't argue, you failed..."
Years
Iveechan said:
*slaps a leaf hat on Frosty's head*

Welcome to the PTGT (Power To Grass Types) club. While Grass' weakness to Ice does make sense, I think that's the one weakness that should be removed. I mean, Ice is already strong to flying, ground, and dragon, meaning any common water type can take those types down. Some people say that Steel should've had a water and/or electric weakness. I think it would be great if we removed Grass' ice weakness, so the poor darlings wouldn't have to fear some silly water-type's ice attack. Just make ice normal to grass, that's all I'm asking.

Oh yes, more about Morinu: I never made a finalized pic of it, but the way it fits with the other legendary beasts is that after the lightning struck brass tower, and the fire burned, and the water put it out, Morinu brought the surrounding plantlife back. Then again, this life-giving kinda conflicted with Ho-oh. This is why Morinu is a fan-made :D.

Most pokemon have weaknesses that make sense, plants don't grow in winter and will die if they make it past Nov. If they took it off People would ask "Why not remove Fires Ground weakness too?". And if Steel shouldn't be weak against Electric/Water, Electric can already travel through Metals but it doesn't distroy it in anyway. And water would just be deflected off of it, either was Steel has horride Sp.Def and would die anyways.

And people there is a grass Legendary, Celebi (Grass/Psychic). Hasn't anyone noticed XD!

Last edited:

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
Years
I dont really consider Celibi grass...just becasue its green but its unobtaimable in the US games (even though i have one)

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Spike Razzor said:
Most pokemon have weaknesses that make sense, plants don't grow in winter and will die if they make it past Nov. If they took it off People would ask "Why not remove Fires Ground weakness too?". And if Steel shouldn't be weak against Electric/Water, Electric can already travel through Metals but it doesn't distroy it in anyway. And water would just be deflected off of it, either was Steel has horride Sp.Def and would die anyways.

And people there is a grass Legendary, Celebi (Grass/Psychic). Hasn't anyone noticed XD!

we did mention Celebi but we don't really consider it as one (psychic dominate).

Now before words are stuffed into my mouth, I never commented on the ice weakness removal thing so don't point the trident at me... point it to the right person *redirects target board to Iveechan* ^_^;;

Now birds eat berries (grass), or use their brances (grass) for nests. So the flying weakness make sense. Fire is too obvious. The cold kills off the plants (or majority of it) so can't complain there. Toxic poisons the plant and eventually the plant will die. Everything about plant's elemental weakness seems sensible, right?

But wait a second... how does a little bug squash some psychic freak? And how come ghosts are weak to dark? I don't see logic there... It's unfair how we'll apply logic to weaken grass types, while we break all laws of physics in order to "balance" out the other types. Why can't we break some laws of physics as well in order to balance out grass type disadvantage?

Spike Razzor

Years
frostweaver said:
we did mention Celebi but we don't really consider it as one (psychic dominate).

Now before words are stuffed into my mouth, I never commented on the ice weakness removal thing so don't point the trident at me... point it to the right person *redirects target board to Iveechan* ^_^;;

Now birds eat berries (grass), or use their brances (grass) for nests. So the flying weakness make sense. Fire is too obvious. The cold kills off the plants (or majority of it) so can't complain there. Toxic poisons the plant and eventually the plant will die. Everything about plant's elemental weakness seems sensible, right?

But wait a second... how does a little bug squash some psychic freak? And how come ghosts are weak to dark? I don't see logic there... It's unfair how we'll apply logic to weaken grass types, while we break all laws of physics in order to "balance" out the other types. Why can't we break some laws of physics as well in order to balance out grass type disadvantage?

Whoops, sorry Frost *feels dumb o_o()*. My computer was slow when I was posting.

Last edited:

Spike Razzor

Years
When I saw it for the first time on my friends Gold version I though it was Grass/Flying, but When we linked up to battle it was using Psychic moves. Needless to say it couldn't really stand up long my Tyranitar, my friend had no clue that there was a Dark type abd had no clue why Psychic wasn't doing anything XD!

Last edited:

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
Years
I gotta say, even if you avoid the facts, Celebi if a grass type. Therefore it is a legendary grass type, like mew is a legendary psychic. Though technically, the legendary was only ever originally given to those of that status i.e articuno, zapdos, moltres and arcanine. Obviously Raikou, Suicune and Entei are the next of the second generation, and are given the status. The 3 Regis (Regirock, Regice and Registeel) are that of the 3rd generation,. Yet it could be argued that other rare pokemon such as celebi, mew are mot actually classified as legendary. Yet because they are so rare they actually have the status put upon them also as they have a similar appeal etc as the birds and dogs. Yet i'll always call them that. The point is, mew, celebi, kyogre etc are regarded as legendary means that celebi is a legendary grass type. Shouldn't you really be arguing for a legendary dark or bug or any of the other types which are not represented in this limited, and special regarded group of pokemon?

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
Years
Personally, I dislike legendary Pokemon. RS added way too many, and you can't use them on teams because people always complain about them. Also, Celebi is unobtainable, so I don't consider it a true legend (along with mew, jirachi, and deoxys). But if a future installment did have the nerve to add more legends, they should make a grass one that is obtainable at the very least.

And some plants grow in the winter... just look at evergreen trees ^_^. Water is sensitive to pollution, so how come it's not weak to poison?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Water should be weak to poison... makes sludge bomb much more usable then. Also weakens water type by quite a bit. And now at least we can point and laugh at Kyogre that it can't block everything after calm mind then ^_^;;

shiny_jiggly

Pu? (Clueless?)
Years
  • Age 35
  • Pu?
  • Seen Apr 30, 2008
Iveechan said:
Personally, I dislike legendary Pokemon. RS added way too many, and you can't use them on teams because people always complain about them. Also, Celebi is unobtainable, so I don't consider it a true legend (along with mew, jirachi, and deoxys). But if a future installment did have the nerve to add more legends, they should make a grass one that is obtainable at the very least.

And some plants grow in the winter... just look at evergreen trees ^_^. Water is sensitive to pollution, so how come it's not weak to poison?
True. I think every pokemon ought to have it's own legend/origins.
There should be two kinds of poison. One is from plants and the other's pollution.

Spike Razzor

Years
I'll show you why Water isn't weak against poison. Lets say you have a Chinchou and an Ekans, if Ekans uses Sludge to try and poison it then all Chinchou would need to do it wash itself off. When you have stuff like Poison on open Water then it would wash away.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Spike Razzor said:
I'll show you why Water isn't weak against poison. Lets say you have a Chinchou and an Ekans, if Ekans uses Sludge to try and poison it then all Chinchou would need to do it wash itself off. When you have stuff like Poison on open Water then it would wash away.

Hmm... say that to the world leaders who panic every time some toxic materials are spilled into the water.

Try spilling a barrel of toxic waste into a river. Next morning you get dead fishes floating on the river x_x

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
This is really true of dark... maybe grass? Makes no sense, but it would make grass attacks more useful. I always say grass to dark but meh.

Back