• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Digimon Revolution [IC][T]

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    digi_zps3qsmanyf.png

D I G I M O N
    REVOLUTION

the players

Carnivore Chie

Janice with Crest of Valour
    Gatomon/D'Arcmon/Angewomon/Ophanimon

Apotheosis
    Elliot with Crest of Redemption
    Gazimon/Angemon/Lucemon/Beelzemon

Dragon
    Lynn with Crest of Hope
    Dracomon/Growlmon/Wingdramon/Slayerdramon

Legend
    Robin with Crest of Determination
    Gabumon/Garurumon/WereGarurumon/AncientGarurumon

gimmepie
    Koren with Crest of Knowledge
    Keramon/Chrysalimon/Infermon/Diaboromon

Godzil
    Jay with Crest of Loyalty
    Kokuwamon/Tankmon/Andromon/HiAndromon

Rose Quartz
    Madison with Crest of Sincerity
    Renamon/Kyubimon/Toamon/Sakuyamon

Nagi
    Mitsuki with Crest of Kindness
    Lunamon/Lekismon/Crescemon/Dianamon

volkner_city_anime02_zpsmaa5nsvt.png

The town of Shepherd's Glen… a small, yet prosperous city located in the mountains of western Pennsylvania. If there was ever a place you could call the ideal slice of suburbia, this would be it. Being located in the mountains and near an expansive lake, Shepherd's Glen is commonly thought to be a quaint, pleasant place for many to vacation too, particularly during Autumn when the leaves begin to turn that oh-so pleasant shade of purplish-orange. It's an ideal place for camping and fishing, or simply a place to enjoy a little bit of rustic scenery in the form of a pitstop before making your way towards your final destination. It's a place where nothing exciting ever happens, where every day begins the same way and ends the same way. Many people could possibly go out of that way to call it boring. But the people who call this humble little city home would not have it any other way.

Janice Greene may have been an exception to this way of thinking. For her, life had become so repetitive and boring, that she honestly felt as if it was starting to form some sort of strangle hold on her. Janice longed for something… anything exciting to happen in this place. She dreamed that some grand event would plow through the city, changing everything that she thought she knew about Shepherd's Glen for years. In retrospect, it may have been a wish she could have considered a bit better. But that would be something further down the road… For now, it's best to start at the beginning… the beginning of what changed Shepherd's Glen and the rest of what the world thought it knew about reality.

"So, you are gonna be coming home this weekend, right?" Janice asked, running a hand through her brownish-red hair as she spoke into the cell phone. "I mean, he's got that big science fair project he's gonna be presenting on Saturday. You did kinda promise him you'd come."

A deep sigh was heard on the other side of the phone, the voice clearly filled with fatigue. "I know I did, Janice. I promised you and Scott I both would, but… Look, there's been a bit of a delay to the weather. It looks like this delivery's gonna take longer than I thought it would. About a whole 'nother day at best."

Janice rolled her eyes at her father's answer. It was one that she was all too familiar with. "Of course it is. There's always something, right?"

"Look, Janice. I didn't exactly conjure up a storm for the sole purpose of keeping me away from my kids," the man on the phone snapped.

"Yeah, yeah… I know," Janice answered, albeit a bit half-heartedly. She glanced up at the wall, quickly taking note of the clock's time that was approaching midnight. "Look, just… be careful, okay? Scott and I just miss you a bit and wanna have you home already."

"I promise, babygirl. Keeping taking good care of him for me," her father answered. "I'll give ya a call later on. Love ya."

"Me too," Janice answered, before hanging up her phone and tossing it aside on her bed.
    Deep down inside, she knew her father did not have much of a choice. While the pay was not amazing, he made a decent living working a delivery man, often driving all around the country to make various shipments and the like. Still, it did not change the fact that she had found herself coming to resent her life and how dull it was quickly coming to be. While other teens her age were out having fun and the like, Janice was often forced to take care of her younger brother. It was not that she hated Scott, not by any means. As the boy's older sister (and more or less mother-figure), Janice had come to be quite attached to the little guy. Still, that did not change the fact that she often dreamed of a life outside of the everyday monotony she had found herself trapped in.

Making her way towards her computer, Janice decided to spend an hour or so vegging out on the internet as opposed to calling it a night. While she was honestly starting to feel a bit tired, the teenager simply did not feel ready to actually call it a night just yet. Rather, she figured that a little bit of video watching on Metube would be something much more entertaining… or at the very least, it would prove to get her mind off of the conversation she had just had with her father. Sighing, the girl pressed the button on her computer's tower and waited for the monitor to boot up with the familiar logo of the operating system installed.

"Great… What the hell am I supposed to tell Scott?" Janice thought, her fingertips tapping against her desk in the process. "He wasn't exactly thrilled with how Dad missed out on the class play last month. The last thing I wanna do is have to spend the whole night trying to promise him that he'll be around next time… Scott's not some little kid, he's not gonna take that response every time."

Janice's thoughts were interrupted by the sight of the lights in her room starting to dim,quickly starting to flicker on and off. A staticy sound soon came to her ears, the girl turning her focus to the computer monitor. Normally, the sight of static on a screen would have been nothing to make any special note of. However, Janice had to admit that seeing her computer monitor that way was something that she was not used to in the slightest bit.

"What… What the hell?" Janice questioned, pressing the power button of her monitor to turn it off and then back on.

Regardless of the fact that she had just pressed the button of the screen, the monitor stayed on as if she had never pressed anything at all. The sound of the static coming from her computer screen was soon mixed in with the loud buzzing of her alarm clock… which soon mixed in with some rather loud rock music blaring from the girl's stereo. Janice practically fell out of her chair from the blasting sound coming from her room. It honestly began to sound like the room was getting ready to explode from all the noise and electronics going crazy. Then, just as soon as all the commotion had began, it stopped. The lights stayed off and not a sound could be heard coming from the room. The only source of illumination came from the faint, blue glow of Janice's computer screen.

Slowly, the teenager glanced over at the screen. Her eyes widened as a beam of light was seen coming out of the computer screen, gradually coming to rest on in a point of focus in the center of the girl's bed. The teenager watched with intense curiosity as a strange object slowly came to materialize on the bed. It was a strange, oval-shaped object. It was mainly a lime-green in color, with purple stripes decorating its surface. Beside the object sat an orange medallion of sorts, a strange symbol that resembled a torch rested on its surface. Janice cautiously made her way over towards the bed. She gently picked up the medallion, examining the strange object. She then began to focus on the other object that had more or less come from the computer screen.

"Is… is that an egg?" Janice questioned, picking up the large object in question. "An egg…. Just came out of my computer screen."

The teenager simply stood there, trying to somehow make sense out of it all. The more she racked her brain over it however, the more she found herself getting confused. As far as she knew, which was fairly well, eggs simply did not come from a television screen. She was always taught in school that animals lay eggs, usually those of the amphibian or avian variety. That said, it was only natural for the girl to find herself puzzling over this new development.

"...I gotta stop drinking Blue Bull so late at night."

OOC: Everybody, start off around midnight with the invasion happening! Meet your digimon and just go from there in whatever way you feel like, and we'll get the ball rolling. Your digimon may hatch and evolve up to Baby II as quickly or slowly as you see fit.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Somewhere, in a mysterious jungle...

Jay crept quietly through the trees, approaching the old building. Inside, he would no doubt find some ancient relic or forgotten knowledge, depending on what genre he was in. Last night had been survival horror, so tonight was either spy or adventure. The jungle was really adaptable like that, and served him well.

"Jay? Come inside, honey, it's getting dark!" His mother's voice wakes him from his day dream, revealing the "old building" to actually be a dog house. They hadn't had a dog in over five years, but Jay liked it too much to justify tearing it down. Oh, and the "jungle" was actually just Jay's backyard. He just has a vivid imagination, and not many friends...

"Okay, Mom!" It was actually already sunset, and Jay has a healthy respect for the dark. Not fear, just respect. And a strong desire not to be out in it. He heads back to the house, pausing when he sees his mother wearing her work uniform. "Mom, did you forget to change again?" He asks hopefully.

She sighs, giving Jay a tired smile. "No, honey, I have to go back in. I just stopped by to give you your dinner. I'll be staying late again, so don't wait up for me. I mean it. I'll be tired, and I'll want to go to bed, and you should be in bed before then."

"Oh. Okay. Try to have fun, then. It makes the night go faster!" Jay gives his mother a hug, heading into the kitchen as she locks the back door, then goes off to work. Honestly, he was used to it. His mother was at work more than she was at home, and he was used to spending time by himself. With no friends.

"I wish something exciting would happen around here. I don't care what it is..."

~~~~Time Passes~~~~

Jay hits the floor hard, having fallen out of bed after jolting awake. This is precisely why there are pillows scattered around his bed, so he doesn't hurt himself when he falls out of bed. It was his best idea ever, and it only took twelve extra pillows to completely surround his bed. "I could have an awesome slumber party with all these pillows..." he mumbles. He wonders what woke him up, and stops to listen, but all he hears is crackling. Which means either the TV ison and the satellite broke, or someone is trying to open a bag of chips.

Either way, it needs investigating. And clearly a 14 year old is the best one to do it! Jay creeps out of his room, looking for the crackling sound, but he doesn't find anyone watching TV or eating chips. All he finds is his mother's computer, which she must have left on, displaying static.

"That's not normal. Mom's computer doesn't have satellite! What's going on here?" As he watches, the screen starts to glow green, and a low humming starts to build. Jay watches in anticipation (not fear!) as the glow gets brighter, and the hum gets louder, until...

*pop*

The light and sound vanish instantly, the tiny popping sound ending as abruptly as it started. Jay stares in surprise, before frowning in annoyance. "Well that was boring! I got all worked up for nothing!" He turns the computer off, giving the chair a spin.

200px-Digitama_leafmon.jpg

An odd egg is sitting in the chair, along with a dark blue pendant. The egg is green with darker green stripes, and the pendant bears an odd symbol, almost like a bridge. Or a wavy line between two dots. Who knows?

"What? But how...? Mom locked the door! Where did you come from?" Jay looks back and forth between the egg and the computer, then goes to check the door. Seeing as it's still locked, he returns to the egg.

"Okay, somehow this egg showed up. Mom's not gonna like that, since only she's allowed in her chair. So... I guess I'm having omelets for breakfast!" He grabs the egg, heading for the kitchen.

"But wait... I don't know how to make omelets. So... *gasp!* I know! I'll hatch it, and finally have someone to talk to!" He grabs the pendant, running back to his room. He grabs one of the pillows off his floor, putting it on the bed and gingerly setting the egg on it.

"There! Now you'll stay nice and warm with me tonight. Here's your necklace." He puts the pendant around the egg, grabbing his purple heart necklace from his hat rack. "I've got a necklace, too! We already have stuff in common! We're gonna be best friends."

He turns out the light and snuggles up against the egg. He shortly falls asleep, not noticing the soft pink glow at the center of the egg, which slowly starts to pulse in time with his heart.

Years
  • caf184475f9228149662fcdfcc4f5b4d.jpg

Koren Ardal
    Crest of Knowledge | Egg

Koren opened completed his long walk up the front driveway of his family's large house and unlocked and opened the thick oak door. Beyond the door was darkness, nobody was home as per usual – which was possibly a good thing since he didn't need to deal with his parents screaming at him for being late… or for the reason he was late for that matter. Koren had been kept back by his physics teacher for slacking off during class and as a result had missed the bus he caught and needed to wait another hour for the next.

"I know that you're a really smart guy, you can comprehend everything I'm saying without any trouble and you have never failed an assignment the entire time you have been at this school. When had you tested for learning difficulties, the result we got back was that you could do the work we have been giving you in your sleep. So why the hell are you sleeping in my classes instead of scoring as highly as you could?", Koren could pretty much remember the teacher's words verbatim, however no matter how hard he tried he could not force himself to care. He knew that everything the man had said was true, but the fact of it was that Koren had no interest in the subjects he was learning. When he graduated he had no intentions of throwing himself into the worlds of science, politics or big business like his parents. He wasn't even sure he would attend college. Koren wanted to live a simple life, earn enough money to live alone in a decent little house where he could spend his days studying things he actually cared about. He never saw himself ever becoming anybody of importance, certainly not in the way he soon would.

His steps echoed through the large but empty building he called home, his parents were once again dealing with something at the headquarters of their company which meant that the house that was already far too large for just three people n Koren's opinion felt even more empty than it dead when everyone was home. Minutes later, Koren was opening the door to his over-large bedroom and flicking on the light switch. The room contained a large bed, television, couch, several bookshelves, a set of draws and computer desk (complete with both a desktop and a laptop). The amount of items he owned compared to many other people almost made him feel shame, but how was he less deserving than the girls who were gossiping next to him in class, the two idiots brawling in the cafeteria or the falsely-humble Robin who is perfectly happy to show off how clever he is?
    "All I can do is think about how much people suck today," Koren said to nobody, sighing to himself "well they do, so I guess it can't be helped."

Koren tossed his bag onto the couch and sat in front of his desktop, sticking is uPod onto the nearby dock so that the music would drown out a bit of the empty silence of the house. What Koren should have done at that point, was continue the essay on economic trends he had half-heartedly started the previous day however he couldn't bring himself to continue working on what was quite probably the dullest assignment he had ever been forced to undertake as of yet. What he did instead was open up one of his favourite websites and begin to read an article about the psychology of people's perceptions of various colours. For the next several hours Koren continued to read, at first various studies and articles related to the first but every link he clicked took him further away from his first topic and closer to a new one.

Koren left his room briefly only once in that span of time, grabbing a plate of leftover lasagne from the kitchen and returning to his room. However what greeted him there wasn't the remainder of the article he had been reading (this one about koalas). Koren opened the door and stopped on the spot. Every electronic device in his room seemed to be going haywire. The television, laptop and desktop (of which only the latter had been switched on) were displaying static and producing a crackling noise and the uPod was producing bizarre whispering and squeaking noises. If Koren didn't have zero belief in the supernatural, he'd have sworn he'd irritated a ghost of some sort.
    "This shouldn't be possible" he said, astounded at what he was witnessing. His astonishment would only grow though. Suddenly the computer screen of the desktop began to glow with a vibrant white light, a small ovoid shape appeared on the screen steadily growing larger and larger. The light shone forwards onto the ground in front of Koren and as though the light were a tunnel the shape moved through it. Koren let out a shocked gasp and dropped his dinner over the floor, shattering the expensive china it sat on. The object had somehow become real, the noise and light suddenly stopping and everything bar the new addition returned to normal.

The mysterious apparition was quite large, egg-shaped and covered in thick and jagged red lines. Next to it lay a small violet-coloured pendant.
    "Is that an egg? What the hell is going on here!"

latest

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Elliot
    a starting piece

The front door opens and closes quickly. Barney hears the sound of shoes being swiftly kicked off in the hallway, and then quick steps before another door slams. A worried wrinkle formes on his forehead, and he slowly gets up from the couch in front of the TV.

The door to his second daughter's room is closed. Unlike his first or third daughters though, Elliot has never made use of a "keep out!" sign. Jamie's is written in whirly, pink text and Alex' is nowadays black and red with a skull drawn underneath. Elliot's door is plain. He carefully knocks.

No answer.

"Elliot," he says, knowing she can hear him through the wood. He has never nicknamed her. Jamie and Joel often call her Ellie, earning rolling eyes or even sharp looks in return. She doesn't need a girlier name.

He carefully turns the doorknob and peeks his head inside. Elliot sits on her bed, rummaging through her schoolbag, probably looking for whatever things she has picked up today for her strange collection of artifacts. Barney sits down beside her and looks out the window over her desk. The sun is still up and the weather is getting warmer every day, even though it is only April.

"I hit someone," Elliot's voice comes quietly. She is still looking down into her bag, her bangs covering her face.

Barney raises an eyebrow. "You've never done that before?"

"No!" Elliot said, looking up at him as if offended. "I just... There was this girl and-"

"That's bad."

She looks down again. "I know."

"Is she alright? The other girl?"

"Yes, she hit me back."

"What?"

He takes Elliot's face in his hands and scans her urgently, but she only sighs.

"She only punched my arm, and then a guy came and broke us up. And then I calmed down. I just... Don't know how I could have hit someone like that."

"Sometimes we snap. Learning how to not to, is called being human," Barney says and strokes her hair softly.

His daughter nods.

"So learn, and don't do that again."

She nods again and he leaves the room with a calm smile towards her. She smiles back. It's hard not to. Joel is usually the one who makes people smile, but when Barney smiles it's somehow more genuine. Less common. More real. The door is closed and she is left to her privacy at last.

She didn't collect many things today, only a blue yoyo and a small, empty notebook that somebody had left on a bench in the schoolyard. She had been watching it for several minutes to see if someone came back for it, but when they didn't, she picked it up. Empty anyways. Anonymous. Could belong to anyone, and now belongs to her. The yoyo, found in a sandbox on the way home, is a reminder of the sudden fight. How easily she can bounce down and back up again, like it can.

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • Robin Cromwell- Robin Laid an Egg

"Pierce! Go help top lane! We are getting crushed up there," Robin shouted into his headset, plugged into his seat on his computer. "Julian and I will push bottom lane a bit to draw their attention there. Meanwhile, Evan, keep up the good work in mid lane. Soon enough, they'll get desperate and we'll gank them."

This is a common sight in the later hours of the night, with Robin often playing one of his favorite games as of late "Heroes of Legend." It was a highly competitive multiplayer game, arguably copying from a number of others, but gathering a large fan following regardless. The game placed teams of five into an arena with 3 lanes and a neutral jungle where the goal, in the simplest of terms, was to lay siege on your opponent's base and destroy their core. The lanes are filled with minions and the jungle with neutral monsters to gain experience, level up, and learn abilities. The game, with its combination of RPG and strategy, instantly appealed to Robin who jumped in at the recommendation of some of his online friends. That made it their business to construct a team and compete as much as they could, assuming basic roles to best take advantage of their respective personalities and skills. Robin took up the job of "support" where his mission was to assist his lane mate to become as powerful as possible to make the last pushes to victory feasible. Slowly but surely, Robin became the tactical leader, as his map awareness, knowledge of rudimentary strategy and never say die attitude made him a natural pick for team captain.

"Alright, everyone let's just barge down middle lane, but Pierce wrap around through the jungle to cut off their escape. I rather score an ace if we can." Robin's team immediately fell in line to his orders and the plan went without too many hiccups, though Robin ended up dying. He barked his orders to coordinate the last few steps and soon enough the game was over with a beaming "Victory" logo brandishing all over his screen. Pleased with his work, Robin called it a day and logged off his computer, gently placing his headset down.

"Robinnnn!"

It was his mother. Robin glanced over at his alarm clock, with a blinking 11:17pm on the screen. "What could she want at this hour?" Robin asked himself. More often than not around this time his family was wishing mutual good nights as all needed to wake up in the early hours of the morning to go to school; a bitter irony as his parents were teachers. Robin stumbled down out of his room, the fatigue of a long day creeping up on him. Most days after school, Robin worked at a local bookstore. It was a near match made in heaven for Robin, considering he was almost a literature buff (though he notably preferred fiction over anything else). The business of the place was erratic, sometimes being flooded with costumers and other times dead as a doornail. Regardless, working even a few hours, coupled with school and homework drained what few reserves the teenager had.

Robin walked into the dining room where his mother stood with a curious, yet tired grin. "I forgot to tell you about this letter that came into the mail," she said. Robin closely resembled his mother, sharing in much of her facial features. Her hair was notably darker than his though, and she had freckles dotting her cheeks where as Robin's was pristine. They had the same pools of blue for eyes, a feature his father was thankful for. Robin did have some of his father placed in: they had similar slight builds and matching pale blond hair. In many respects, however, Robin is said to be a perfect blend of his parents with the best of both worlds imbued into his being.

"It's a little late, Mom," Robin said with a sheepish smile.

"You looked tired when you got home and, honestly, I completely forgot about it," she replied with a flush of red invading her cheeks. Gingerly, she handed the letter to Robin.

Robin took the letter with a raised eyebrow, and glanced at the envelope. "Oh, it must be my SAT scores from last month." Despite the SATs no longer being a requirement for some colleges in the United States, Robin insisted on taking the major multiple choice test to better make his case for getting into a good college or university via the tedious application process over the course of his final year in high school which would in the next few months. Robin tore open the letter with apprehension, nervous at his score. Ripping the letter out of the package, he examined the piece of paper. His eyes raced across the letter at least a few times. His mother, and eventually his father who peeped into the room from the downstairs restroom, waited in anticipation. "It looks like I scored an 1870," Robin stated rather flatly.

"That's great!" His father said, knowing a fair bit about the test from having been teaching high school students for the better part of ten years now.

"Is it?" His mother quickly asked, looking at her husband. "I thought 1600 was the highest the test went?"

"No, they changed it a few years back. It's out of 2400 now. Adding a whole new writing section bumped the maximum score up."

"Well, that's great then!" Robin's mother piped up. "Congratulations, honey!" She dove in to give Robin a huge hug, squeezing the life out of the young man.

When he was finally released from her merciless grasp, Robin placed the letter on the table and shrugged. "Eh, I don't know. I probably could have done a bit better if I bothered to study more," Robin replied with a sigh. "I'll have to take it again and then maybe I'll have a chance of getting into a good school."

Both parents looked at each other with raised eyebrows before exchanging their own sighs. Despite Robin's clear achievement, both had to recall the glaring flaw in their son's disposition: he never seemed to revel in his own achievement. "Well, son," his father said. "I am sure you will be fine one way or another."

"If you say so, Dad," Robin replied meekly, staring into space in complete silence.

Taking a glance at her watch, his mother's widened. "Oh dear, it's getting close to midnight. We all have school in morning, so we better get to sleep!" His mother loved making that lame joke. Robin weakly smiled and walked up the stairs, nestling himself in the bathroom as his parents prepared their lunches for the next day.

Robin brushed his teeth in a daze, his mind in a panicked state concerning the future. He wasn't sure if he was going to succeed much at anything, worrying about not being smart enough or charming enough or just plain good enough for anybody. High school likely had something to do with it, considering the endless episodes of drama that swarmed the place. Robin was almost a hermit, with a limited number of friends that were more fickle that his cell phone's service, which considering the budget company his parents swore allegiance to wasn't very good. Couple few friends with agonizing social pressures, such never landing a steady girlfriend and it was no wonder Robin lacked any degree of confidence. He could try his best in the things he did, and while he would fight the good fight, there were times where the fight didn't seem worth it.

Hollering that he was heading to bed, Robin, in a daze, wandered into his room. The lights were out, but as he crept in, his computer monitored illuminated the room in a red glow. His eyes struggled to adjust the changing light, failing miserably in a pale attempt. The red lights focused into a beam on the floor before him. He took a step back, tempted to scream for help, as he believed that for a moment, Skynet or some other evil techno-organization sought to murder him. However, the red light, at that point, mere inches away from him became to take shape as something resembling bits of data materialize into a solid object. Seconds later, the beam stopped and the intense light from the screen subsided. Robin, in his curiosity, picked up the objects that lay before him. One appeared to be an egg, white with blue designs scattered about. The other object was a red medallion or coin of some thing with an insignia of some kind engraved into it.

latest

Unsure of what to make of it, and the fatigue of a long day eating away out of him, Robin placed the objects on his nightstand, careful to make sure that they were stable and crumbled into his bed, tossing his sheets over his head.

"I'll look into it tomorrow," he mumbled before succumbing to the comforts of sleep.

Years

Koren Ardal
    Crest of Knowledge | Kuramon

Koren turned the pendant over in his hands a few more times before carefully stepping around the egg and placing it on his desk. What was going to be his dinner still sat in a wreckage on the otherwise pristine wooden floor of his room all but the strange appearances of the egg and pendant temporarily forgotten.

Koren walked a few circles around the egg before stopping and kneeling before it. The egg, and for some reason Koren was sure that is what it was, did not react in any way. Satisfied that the object was probably not dangerous, Koren reached out a finger and firmly, but gently, prodded its smooth exterior. Nothing happened.
    "Well it's not going to zap me or anything then which is good." Koren proceeded to rub his hand over the eggs surface, it seemed totally free of any lumps or impurities and felt very strong – Koren wondered if it would break if he threw it against his wall but decided it was probably inadvisable to find out.

As if on cue, the egg wobbled at that thought.
    "That had to be my imagination… but I'm sure it's an egg so something must be inside." The egg wobbled again, then again, the shakes becoming more frequent and sounds coming from within. Koren remained kneeling before the object – transfixed by it. Then suddenly it stopped. For several moments nothing else happened, Koren releasing his breath as he realised he'd been holding it in with anticipation.
    I guess nothing will happen after all

At that moment, the top of the egg suddenly burst open as a tiny purple blob flew from the now open egg. Knocking the now screaming Koren over onto his back as it lunged for what was left of the lasagne he had been planning for it.
    "FOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDD!" a squeaky, but surprisingly loud voice yelled. The blob-like creature was practically vacuuming up the spilled food… and somehow also the shattered fragments of china that had once been a plate. The creature gorged itself, seeming totally unaware of Koren's presence, allowing him to get a good look at it. The creature's small body, which was irregularly round with several spiky-looking protrusions, was dominated by a large amber-coloured eye (one quite similar in colour to his own) and despite the fact it had now almost totally devoured everything on Koren's floor, it lacked any discernible mouth.
    It looks like someone crossed a jellyfish with the SARS virus..

Once every last scrap of evidence that Koren's meal had ever existed was gone, the creature began to hop around frantically, bouncing shockingly high and slamming into Tasman's furniture and belongings. At one point it launched itself into the leg of Tasman's desk, forcing him to dive forwards and catch his falling laptop.
    "FOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDD!"
    "There's no –"
    "FOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDD!"
    "Sto-"
    "FOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDD!"
    "ALRIGHT!" Koren's sudden outburst seemed to finally silence and stop the bizarre animal – if it was an animal "I'll get you some food, just wait here and be quiet"
    "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
    "I said be quiet"
    "Woooooooooo?"
    "Now you've got a sense of humour as well as an appetite?"

Koren returned to his room five minutes later carrying two bags of potato chips. He poured both onto the floor and then watched with a mix of curiosity and disgust as the creature devoured the entire pile and the two bags.
    "What are you?" he finally found himself exclaiming as the creature finished the last of the bags, he was surprised however when he received an answer.
    "Kuramon" the squeaky but clear voice said
    "Is that your name or your species?"
    "Both"
    "You're a Kuramon named Kuramon?"
    "I'm a digimon too"
    "A what?"
    "Digimon"

It was at that point that static once again exploded into existence on Koren's desktop, making him jump back slightly.
    "There's uh… not going to be more of you coming out of my computer is there?" Kuramon merely shrugged as if to say "how should I know?" making Koren sigh
    "Wonderful"

kuramon_base_xd_by_victheawesomeness-d7chvm1.png

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023

Mitsuki Robins
    x

She was lying on her back, staring at the glow-in-the-dark moon and two stars on her ceiling. As they had been put up there when she was still a child, they actually only gave off a very faint glow anymore nowadays. Actually, she wasn't even sure if they actually glowed or they just appeared to because of their light colour. The moon looked purplish compared to the yellow stars, but she couldn't remember if it had always been that way or not. Still, she liked them, and had refused to take them down even when her mother had asked if they weren't getting too childish for her. ''You aren't sleeping with a nightlight anymore either, are you?'' Maybe not, but that didn't mean she needed to get rid of everything that reminded her of her childhood.
    She sighed.

Mitsuki was the oldest sibling, and as such always felt she had to act mature to make up for her younger brothers' childishness. Sometimes she wasn't even left a choice: when she was in a fight with them, they would always immediately yell for mama if she as much as grabbed their arm. Of course then she'd hear a threatening ''Mitsuki...'' from the other room and there was no choice but to stop and have the twins make faces at her triumphantly.
    But it had its perks as well. Because of her responsible demeanor, her parents trusted her, giving her practically all the freedom she wanted in staying up (and even out) late, staying home alone and having friends over. Not that she made use of that freedom much, though... which could also be part of the reason they gave her the freedom in the first place.

But why couldn't she sleep?!
    Normally, Mitsuki had the ability to lie down and fall asleep within minutes, just by making her surroundings completely dark, closing her eyes, and thinking about anything pleasant. Today that didn't work, however. Maybe she just wasn't tired enough? She rolled over to the side of her bed and ran her fingertips along the floor to find the portable game console that should be lying there. She fired it up, figuring she'd pay a visit to the game world while she couldn't visit the dream one. The handheld played the familiar jingle as it loaded the main menu, and the orange light flashed as it connected to the internet. Just as she wanted to check who else was online however, the screen flashed, and the device made an odd sound, as though it'd crashed. Mitsuki started pressing buttons to return to the home menu, but it didn't work. Instead, the screen became all-white. Annoyed, she attempted to reset the device - but was startled by a sound from the other side of the room. The smartphone that was lying on her desk suddenly started buzzing.

Mitsuki put the handheld down on her bed and got up to walk over to her desk, to check if someone had really just called her. It appeared the phone was displaying the same white that her handheld was. She tried to push buttons to return to the home screen, but it didn't react to anything either.
    ''What the hell...'' she muttered to herself before putting the phone back, facing down, so the white light wouldn't light up the room too much. She walked back to her bed, when the device there started to flicker. Mitsuki sat back down on her bed and looked at the screen. A tiny pink blot appeared, that steadily grew larger, until it barely fit the screen... and when it didn't, it came out. A light pink egg with darker circles on it floated in front of her, before suddenly dropping from its suspended gravity and landing on her bedcovers.

latest

x

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Elliot

She wake up abruptly, to a loud noise of static. A quick glance at the clock on her bedside table told her that it was midnight. Where did that noise come from? Swinging her legs down from the bed, she faced the laptop on her desk. It was flipped open and its screen was shining with white and gray nonsense.

"What... Jamie, have you been borrowing my computer again?" Elliot groaned and walked up to it.

Clicking the power button did nothing. There was no mouse pointer visible. The screen just kept shining and making noise in the otherwise dark room. She leaned forwards and squinted, trying to see if there was any pattern or words hidden in the static.

Then, something hit her head. She quickly shot backwards in her chair and found a big, egg shaped thing falling into her lap. It was a dark purple color. Elliot screamed and fell off the chair, the egg falling down beside her onto the floor. A cracking noise was heard.

Elliot crept back to sit with the bed's leg against her back and stared intently at the item in front of her. The egg moved. It toppled over. And suddenly, the crack got bigger until eggshells spread over her rug and a tiny creature sat there instead. It looked like a black ball, very furry, with big yellow eyes blinking up at her.

grumpy_botamon_gif_by_bunni89-d71cmd6.gif

"Boop." it said.

"Boop?" Elliot repeated.

"Boop!" the creature said and the eyes almost seemed to smile. There was obviously a mouth there somewhere, but it was hardly visible through the fur.

"Did you just come out from my computer?" Elliot breathed.

"Boop..."

The creature scuffled around on the floor - it didn't have any legs but somehow got around without rolling anyways - and sniffed the eggshells. Then it suddenly headbutted a large piece, and before Elliot knew it, all of the eggshells had gone. It was as if they suddenly turned to glitter in the air before her.

"I... I don't know what to believe," she admitted.

The creature looked up at her again before it suddenly took a surprisingly agile leap up on her bed and started chewing on a pillow.

"Hey, stop!" Elliot grunted and pulled the pillow away. The creature looked sad. "Are you hungry? I'll... I can get you some food."

She sneaked out from her room and into the kitchen, which was luckily easy since Joel and Barney were watching a loud action movie in the living room. Fetching some cheese, ham and bread, she tip toed back and was just going into her own room when-

"Ellie?" Jamie stood in her own doorway, eyeing her big sister skeptically. "What's the food for?"

"I got hungry!" Elliot said simply.

"I heard you scream."

"It's nothing. Bad dream."

"I can tell when you're lying, you know. I could tell Daddy."

"Please don't, Jamie, come on-"

"Daaa-" Jamie stared, volume building.

"No, okay! Quiet!" Elliot hissed opened her door wider to let her little sister in too. Whatever. She'd probably just think the strange, unnatural, impossible creature was extremely cute.

And she was right. As soon as Jamie spotted the dark furry lump on Elliot's bed, she darted forward with a gleeful squeal.

"Don't touch it!" Elliot cautioned, dumping the food sloppily on the bed cover and grabbing the hem of Jamie's nightrobe as soon as she could. "I don't even know what it is."

"I didn't know you brought pets home! Where did you find it?"

"Sshhh! I didn't bring it home. It just... Got here on its own." How would she explain what really happened, after all?

"It looks lonely," Jamie said, her big bright eyes looking sadly at the black blob who was currently blissfully chomping down with its tiny mouth at the food at an alarming rate.

"It looks mostly really hungry to me," Elliot said. But she also agreed. They didn't know from where it came, but here it was the only one of its kind. It didn't look like any kind of rabbit or cat or hedgehog Elliot had seen before.

In under a minute, the food was gobbled up, and the creature looked really happy. Jamie had been watching in awe, and Elliot finally sat down on the bed beside it and dared to reach out her hand. She figured, if it had eaten that much, it probably wasn't as likely to try and nab a bit out of her own flesh now.

When it saw that she reached out for it, its eyes got big and round and it immediately shuffled closer to make contact with her hand. Its fur was really odd. Very smooth, like a long haired cat but somehow even thicker. She couldn't feel where the fur ended and the skin began, the curls beneath were that thick.

"What is it, then?" Jamie said. "It could be a hedgehog."

"No, there are no spikes here," Elliot said, absent mindedly. Her eyes had fallen on something on the floor that she had missed before. She bent over to pick it up, still not taking her other hand off the happy creature. It looked like a flat pendant on a chain, with a dark gray color and some kind of symbol up front. Not knowing what to do with it at the moment but not wanting to lose it - items meant a lot to her after all, she simply flung it around her neck for now. Jamie didn't even notice.

darknesscrest.png

But she noticed something else that Elliot didn't, and let out a scream. "That's impossible!"

Elliot turned back and saw what it was. The deep black fur she had been fondling was gone, and instead sat a somewhat larger creature there. Purple, shorter fur, and red eyes gazing up at her.

latest

"Hello there," it said, somewhat trembling.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
  • Madison Campbell

"Because playing fair is too mainstream, huh?!" The brown with reddish glow haired girl yelled at her screen, the only source of light in her room at that moment. She sat up from her bed and sat in her battle position as she resumed pressing the buttons of her joystick furiously. The past 15 minutes she had done nothing but yelling and cussing at her Assassin's Credo game. She was obviously very irritated by a mission that wouldn't work out the way she wanted. Suddenly someone knocked on her door, making Madison startle.

"Dear, isn't it time you give your games some rest? You've been playing all day!" Madison's foster mother spoke as she entered her room with a worried look on her face. "Y-Yes, of course... I'm terribly sorry." Madison apologized as she turned off her playstation. Madison was always very mannered and polite to her foster parents as she was thankful for taking her in. They gave her much more than she deserved so she always had the feeling she was indebted. They gave her a warm home, her very own room, books, a playstation, a cellphone and even a computer while they didn't really knew her. Working at the local bookstore and occasionally doing chorus was her way of paying her debts to them. She liked them a lot.

"Good girl. Get some rest, okay? It's almost midnight." Her foster mother smiled before leaving her room and closing the door behind her short after. She always told Madison to sleep around this time despite knowing that Madison always reads a book before going to sleep. This time was no different. Madison crawled into her sheets and summoned a thick french book from underneath her pillow called "Sans Famille". She always used a flashlight to read under her blanket so that her foster parents couldn't keep track on how long she had been reading already.

Madison read for several hours until some noise coming from her tv took her attention away from her book. "That's strange... I was sure I turned it off." She whispered to herself as she got up and tried turning off the tv. This didn't work of course and in return the noise only got worser. Not only did the computer magically turn itself on too, the tv started showing a green screen.

As things got quiet after several minutes, Madison kept trying to turn off all of her devices. She heard this faint sound of an object hitting the floor and reached out to it as she moved across the room. It looked like an egg and Madison couldn't help but be confused about this matter. The egg was yellow with purpe, messy stripes. Next to it was a green medallion with some teardrop pictured on it.

LoMX0Jg.png

Madison hid the medallion in her pocket for later investigation and turned back to egg. She gently picked it up with her relatively small hands and stared at it with a confused look on her face. Usually eggs were laid by birds or reptiles yet this one just seemed to have been laid by her tv. "Maybe I've been playing too much games...No, nonsense. You can't play too much games." Madison told herself as she patted the egg softly. "There must be a logical explaination for this." Madison searched around her room for clues while holding the egg tightly against her chest. "Or there isn't...?"

Years
  • Jay Kolewa

Jay twitches in his sleep, feeling something against his face. He idly swats at it, rolling over in bed. As he does, he feels something soft and squishy underneath him. Finding this strange, even for one of his dreams, he slowly wakes up, seeing a large leaf in his face. He blinks a couple times, running his hand over the leaf. His hand finds a stem, which he follows back to... his own head?!

"Oh my gosh I've grown LEAVES! I have become a plant man!" He bolts upright, looking over himself for other plant growths, but doesn't see any. And the leaf has moved on its own, revealing something small and green huddled under it.

latest

"Oh. Or a little plant creature snuck into my room. Where'd you come from, little guy?" He looks around, seeing only the broken pieces of his egg. Which can only mean...

"*gasp!* Hey! You ate my egg! It was going to be my best friend, and we'd go on adventures and talk about life and eat muffins together! Now who am I gonna share muffins with? You?!"

The green thing just blinks, then snuggles up against him. It coos softly, closing its eyes contentedly.

"Oh, I get it. I can be friends with you instead of the egg. That works a lot better, because birds never like me anyway. Hey, let's go get those muffins!"

He grabs the green thing by the stem, earning a surprised coo as he jumps off his bed and runs for the kitchen. Four day-old muffins sit in a plastic tub on the counter, and Jay sets his new pet beside the tub. "Okay, little guy. Since you're my new best friend, you get first dibs! Which one do you want?"

In response, the leaf thing sniffs the muffins with its pacifier-like appendage, before opening its comically large mouth. Jay notes two things: first, the pacifier stays in one corner of its volumetric mouth, and second, the thing's gaping mouth is bigger than the thing itself.

Thirdly, he notes that there are no more muffins. The thing ate all four in one bite, but left the tub untouched. "Wow. That's a talented mouth you have there. You could fit all sorts of stuff in there. But... uh... ONE OF THOSE WAS MINE!"

The thing retreats under its leaf as Jay yells, letting out a startled squeak. It coos softly, apologizing, and promptly burps out an intact muffin. It peers out from under its leaf at Jay.

"That's better. We're friends, and friends share." But before he can eat the muffin, his mom's computer turns on again, displaying the face of a rather serious looking man. Jay goes over to investigate, but gets bored halfway through.

"Blah, blah. So there's another world parallel to ours, and the things there are coming here? So what? They seem nice, if you feed them."

"You really think I'm nice?" says a voice, slightly muffled by muffin.

"Of course. We're friends, and you've been nothing but WAIT YOU CAN TALK?!"

latest

"I can now. I'm Minomon. And I'm so glad we're friends. Most people are grossed out by my kind."

Jay looks at his friend, who went from egg to plant to bagworm in less than an hour. That was pretty impressive, and he's such a nice guy. Also, Jay notices he kinda sounds like Droopy Dog.

"Are you kidding? I get covered in leaves all the time! And bugs are cool! Especially when they have their own sleeping bag like you do. Nice pinecone, by the way, buddy. I'm Jay."

"Oh, thank you." His mandibles open and shut when he talks, but he can't actually smile with them. Still, his demeanor and eyes make it apparent that he's smiling. "You know what? I think we can be good friends, Jay."

Jay picks Minomon up and gives him a hug, before holding him at arm's length and giving him a stern look. "Only if you leave some food for me from now on."

Minomon blushes, rubbing the back of his head. "Deal."

Behind them, the man on the computer keeps talking, his words mostly ignored.

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023

Mitsuki Robins
    x

Mitsuki flinched and held the screen away from herself when the egg shot out. She closed her eyes instinctively, and it took her a few seconds for her to gather the courage to open them again. The pink ringed egg was floating less than a meter in front of her, before it promptly dropped onto her bedcovers. She put down the device in her hand, and after a short moment of contemplation, slowly reached forward towards the egg.
    It had a smooth exterior, like a normal egg, but was warm to the touch. A strange sensation. It felt as if the egg was about to hatch. Mitsuki was about to pick it up, but then she noticed something lying next to it. A medallion it seemed, though it looked more... modern than regular jewelry of the sort. It had a flat, hexagonal shape with a gold colour, and a small area with an intricate design on the bottom, somewhat reminiscent of a circuit board. Most notably however, the center was covered with glass, and had a small purple tablet with a strange icon underneath.
    Crest_kindness.png
    She retracted her hand from the egg to pick up the pendant and inspect it a little more. Just after she did, however, the egg started moving on its own - and rolled right off the bed. Mitsuki tried to reach for it, but too late. It hit the floor and broke. ''Oh man... now I did it.'' She leaned forward to see what was left of the egg. It'd shattered into two large pieces, along with a bunch of smaller shards on the place of the impact. Mitsuki carefully picked up the two large pieces, to see if anything had been inside... and was amazed to find a newborn creature there. A tiny white blob was sitting on the floor, among the shards of its egg. Mitsuki's attempt to speak ended up as a whisper.

''What...?''

The creature somehow wiggled around, and looked back up at her. It had an adorable face, with black, beady eyes and a cute mouth lined with what looked like little blushes. Mitsuki just stared at it, until she snapped out of it because of the sound it made. ''B-Bo...'' it uttered softly. Mitsuki's heart melted. It sounded like a baby trying to sputter out its first words.

''Hey there, little guy... are you OK?''
    ''Bo! Bota!''
    ''Bota?''
    JDoXfK0.gif
    She put the larger eggshells down next to the creature and withdrew her arm. It looked at them confusedly for a second, but then it waddled in their direction. It gave the first shell what looked like a headbutt, to which it and all others disappeared into thin air. Surprised, Mitsuki let down her hand, in an attempt to let it sniff her fingers, something she'd often do with other animals she didn't know. This response she didn't expect however - the creature bit her finger.
    ''Ouch!'' she exclaimed as she withdrew her finger in a reflex. ''What was that for?!'' She inspected her finger for wounds, but there was nothing. She then looked at the blob sitting on the floor angrily, but as it looked sorry for its deed, she couldn't stay mad. Letting out a sigh, she carefully picked up the blobby creature in her cupped hands and placed it on the bed. ''I'll get you something to eat, alright? Just stay here and be quiet.'' Mitsuki swiftly got up and left the room, putting her finger on her lips to once again put the creature to silence.

x

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    07b99d13-a6d6-4d6f-883b-be5db8bdd4b0_zpsvn9kg6rf.jpg

Janice Greene - The Strange Egg
    Janice had lost track of time over how much time had passed since the strange, patterned egg and medallion appeared on her bed. The gears in her head were working at overtime trying to piece how such a thing could actually be possible. All throughout school... when she was actually paying attention or there, the teenager had been taught that eggs came from things like birds, reptiles or fish. Not once did any biology class she could think of say that a computer screen was capable of laying an egg. Eventually, the girl's train of thought (or daydreaming if one prefers to call it that) was broken up by the sound of her bedroom door creaking open. Janice turned on heel to see her rather sleepy-looking, younger brother standing the doorway, rubbing his eyes.

"Janice...?" Scott groggily called out. "What's going on? The whole place got all noisy and all the lights were flashing on and off and..." The boy paused, his brown eyes widening at the sight of the green and purple egg sitting in the middle of Janice's bed. Before the teen could say anything, Scott ran past her, a broad smile of excitement gracing his lips as he began to look at the egg with great attention. "Oh, wow! Janice what's this thing?!"

"It's an egg, Scott... And don't touch it!" the teen responded.

She saw the boy's hand reaching out to touch the surface of the egg and quickly grabbed his wrist before he could. Scott was surprised and a bit confused at Janice's worry about the whole thing. He gave his older sister a curious look.

"What's wrong, Janice? It's just an egg, right?" he inquired.

Janice shook her head and sighed. "Yeah, yeah... I know it looks like one. But that... thing is a lot bigger than any egg I've ever seen, Scott! And the color on it? It looks like some freaky Easter egg. I dunno what's going on here, but if anyone's gonna mess with it let it be me, okay?"

Scott looked a little annoyed that his sister was taking charge, but he seemed to agree regardless. Turning her attention back to the egg, Janice slowly began to make her way towards the object sitting on her bed. Carefully, her hand reached out, her finger tips gently touching the surface of the egg. There was a somewhat warm sensation coming from the egg, one that made Janice feel a bit... fuzzy on the inside. She oddly enough took this as a good thing and put her palm fully against the surface of the egg. That's when things took a bit of an odd turn. No sooner had Janice placed her hand against the egg did the faint sound of cracking begin to fill the room. Both the teenager and her younger brother watched as the strange colored egg sitting on the bed began to crack.

"Holy crap... Is this thing hatching?" Janice whispered.

She quickly pulled her hand away, taking a step back to rejoin Scott. Both of them dared not blink as slowly the egg split open... not to reveal a bird or a lizard or even a fish... Instead sitting inside the egg was... well, Janice did not actually know what in the world to call it. It was a strange looking creature, solid black in color save for two yellow, almost eerily glowing eyes. It had two bumps on the top of its head, something Janice assumed could only have been ears. Some people might have gone out of their way to say this... thing was kind of cute. But Janice? She thought it was quite the freaky looking thing.

Botamon.gif

"Wow, Janice! That thing looks so cool!" Scott exclaimed. The boy ran over to the bed and smiled widely at the creature, his small hands reaching out to touch its smooth and somewhat squishy surface. "Where did you find this thing, Janice? You're so lucky you get to have a pet!"

Janice sighed, running her hands through her hair. "I didn't find it, Scott. The egg that blob was in literally just came floating out of my computer screen!"

Janice pointed towards the monitor for emphasis as she spoke. Scott glanced over in the direction of the computer screen, but his eyes narrowed as he quickly examined that computer screen was not only blank, but turned off as well. He rolled his eyes at his sister's explanation, a small pout coming to his lips.

"You don't have to lie to me, Janice. I'm not some little kid anymore, ya know..." Scott responded. He turned his attention back towards the black blob. "Say, I bet this little guy can tell us! Where did you come from?!"

"And I'm being ridiculous? Scott, that thing doesn't even have a mouth! And I told you not to touch it!" Janice snapped. She reached forward, pulling the creature away from Scott's grasp. No sooner had she done this however, did the creature suddenly begin to wail and scream... right in Janice's ears. The teenager winced as she glared over in the creature's direction. "What the hell? You wait until I pick you up to start screamin' like that?"

"You probably scared it!" Scott said, crossing his arms over his chest. A knowing smile came to his lips as he spoke. "It's just a baby after all."

"Oh, so suddenly you're an expert, huh?" Janice questioned. "Then what do you suggest we do to shut this thing up?"

Scott looked thoughtful for a moment, the child racking his brain as he tried to think up a solution to their dilemma. His eyes suddenly lit up as he quickly took off and out of Janice's room, returning a few moments later carrying a plate with a slice of leftover pepperoni pizza on it.

"You're gonna feed that thing pizza?" Janice asked.

Scott nodded. "Yeah! Why not? I love pizza!"

It took Janice everything she had not to facepalm at the boy's brutal honesty. "Scott, this thing is a baby. Plus, it's not even human. Why in the world would you suggest we feed it pizza?"

"What else would we feed it. You said it yourself, you don't even know what this thing is," Scott reasoned.

"Well... that's true, I guess," Janice resigned. She sat the black blob back down on the bed and took the plate from her brother. "Let's see what happens."

Janice broke a piece of the pizza off and held it in front of the creature's face. Its yellow eyes seemed to glance down at the food she held in her hand. They narrowed ever so slightly, as if examining what the teenager was holding. She could have sworn she even saw it lean forward and sniff her palm. Janice really was not sure how it would have done this, because while it seemed to prove her wrong about having a mouth, she could definitely tell the creature had no nose... but after all the other weird things that happened so far in the past hour, who was she to start arguing now? After the creature seemed to have its fill of sniffing the pizza, it suddenly lunged forward and snatched the food out of Janice's hand with glee with it's surprisingly wide mouth. Its eyes lit up happily as it nosily munched on the pizza, before looking up at Janice expectingly.

"Well... Looks like you were right on this one, Scott. Good job!" Janice said, giving her brother a small smile.

The two watched as the creature happily ate the pizza with haste. Janice had never seen anything like it, but... once the creature had quieted down and began to settle on eating... she had admit it was not that bad. Before long, the pizza was gone and the black blob looked rather content with itself. It seemed a tiny bit puffy, possibly on account of the fact it ate the entire slice of pizza, but still cute nonetheless.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Elliot

She flung herself backwards, pressing against the wall beside her bed with a panicked look.

"What... Did you just... Say?"

"Hello!" the creature repeated, still smiling, its voice strangely vibrating. "Thank you for the food, it was very nice! Could I have some more, perhaps?"

"Where did the hedgehog go?" Jamie screamed from behind Elliot's chair, peeking out through the back support like through jail bars. "Did you eat it?"

"What hedgehog?" the purple creature said and looked around in the bed. "I think the three of us are the only living things here."

"Did you just transform?" Elliot asked, moving closer again without really noticing it herself.

"I digivolved! Digimon do that sometimes."

"Digimon."

"Yes."

"Digi... is that like... Digital monster or something?"

"You're a clever one, nice!" the digimon said. "I have a name though. It's Pagumon!"

"It's talking, Elliot!" Jamie said, still not moving from her spot on the floor.

Elliot shushed her with a hand gesture without taking her gaze from the digimon. "How did you get there? You were an egg. You came out from my computer."

"You just answered your own question!"

"But how? I've never seen that happen before."

"Well, have you ever seen a volcano erupt with your own eyes before? Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it isn't real," Pagumon said with a raised eyebrow.

Elliot nodded slowly, and a smile started to form on her face.

"Ellie?"

"Go back to bed, Jamie. I'll figure out what to do with him, okay? Don't tell dad and daddy, please. Please?"

"But-"

"Please, Jamie."

The younger sister stood up, pouting, but exited the room slowly while Elliot sat herself cross legged closer to Pagumon again. A groan was heard from his belly. Which, actually, was his head. As a head was all he seemed to have.

"More food? Will you change shape again if you eat more?"

"I don't know! This is all new to me. Although... I feel like I've done this before. Hmm."

"If you are digital, how can you be real? I don't understand," Elliot said, reaching out to touch one of his long ears.

"Me neither!" Pagumon admitted, and now it was his turn to pout. "I don't like not understanding things."

A light flickered from her desk, and they both turned to look. Her laptop's screen had started up again, but the static was gone. Instead, there was the face of a man, a human, looking out at them with a kind expression. His hair was black and laid in a backslick, his eyes gray and narrow. But his mouth smiled when he started to speak.

"Good evening, good morning and good day to you, people of Earth. My name is Fort, and I will explain what just happened to you."

"Oh, good!" Pagumon said and grinned widely. Elliot felt suspicious though. How did that man know that something had just happened to her?

"At the creation of the world wide web, many experiments were made. Some of these gave rise to an unexpected side effect: digital life. Beings of independent thought that lived in what we would only perceive as thoughts, disguised as electrical signals in our world. But they are very real. Ladies and gentlemen, there is our Real World... And there is the Digital World."

"Told you!" Pagumon said proudly.

"No, you didn't," Elliot mumbled.

"I didn't?"

Mr Fort continued: "I am the head of an international Digital Agency. For years now, we have been trying to communicate with the lifeforms in the Digital World, whose realm has long since disconnected with our internet. We have managed to learn that there is some kind of major conflict going on on the other side. Today, one side gave up. Instead, they have gone through the barriers to our world, the Real World. The creatures many of you have just met may seem harmless and small, but make no mistake. This is an invasion."

Pagumon blinked and shook his head - meaning that be basically shook his whole body from side to side - before looking back up at Elliot. He was surprised by her sharp stare. "What?"

"You're invading us?" she asked.

"What, me? If you're angry with me eating your food, you shouldn't have given it to me in the first place!"

"The Agency has outposts all over the world, but not in every city. We urge you to bring any digital monster you see, to the police. If they will not go willingly, call your alarm number and we will come as soon as possible. Stay calm. Avoid the monsters. Do not let them fool you. This is an invasion. Thank you."

The screen turned off and the room suddenly felt eerily quiet. Elliot leaned in towards the purple monster in front of her. She tried to really look into his eyes, tried to understand him and know what he was thinking. He just looked confused.

"Do you really know nothing of what that man just said?"

"I've never seen him before in my life, I swear! I mean, you just saw me hatch, so-"

"I mean about the invasion! Are you coming to... Conquer the humans?"

Pagumon raised an eyebrow and was actually silent for a moment. "You and that other girl are the only people I know. I wouldn't even know whom to conquer!"

"And why would they send babies to invade another world, anyways?" Elliot said to herself, leaning back against the wall with her head in her hand. "None of this makes any sense."

"There she is! What was your name again?" Pagumon said, sounding happier.

Elliot looked up to see her sister standing in the doorway. "Ellie..." she said, but her eyes were looking down the hall. Towards the living room.

"What is it?"

"Did you just see that message on the tv?"

Jamie implied that she had seen it too. And the man had been talking to the 'people of Earth'. What if... What if everybody had seen it? Every person who was close to a digital screen of some kind? Jamie was looking at her now, apprehensively.

"What about it? You don't think Pagumon would do us any harm, do you?"

"I... No, but." She bit her lip. "You know, Dad's a cop."

A sinking feeling erupted inside of her, and that very second, Barney stepped into sight in the hallway. His eyes immediately fell on the purple creature, who couldn't help giving him a very guilty look back.

Oh.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    07b99d13-a6d6-4d6f-883b-be5db8bdd4b0_zpsvn9kg6rf.jpg

Janice Greene - Invasion of Cuteness?
    Janice stared in silence at the television in the den of the apartment. She had been wanting to go to bed, and get her brother to bed soon enough to match. The younger boy had other plans, however. He insisted that the black blob needed to get some more food in its belly, which resulted in him picking it up and carting it off to the kitchen. Janice more or less took this as a sign that she was going to be up for a bit longer, so she decided to keep herself busy while her brother let their new "pet" feast. This news report was the last thing she expected to see on the screen, however.

"Hey, Janice. What's he mean by an invasion? Is this like something from one of my video games?" the boy inquired, tugging on the sleeve of Janice's t-shirt in an attempt to get her attention.

"How the hell should I know?" Janice asked, glancing down at her younger brother. "I don't know anything more about that thing than you do!"

"S-Sorry... And you shouldn't swear..." Scott mumbled.

Janice sighed, rolling her eyes. She knelt down to her brother, trying her best to figure out just what to do now without making him too upset. It was a rather peculiar puzzle she found herself in. Then again, one does not exactly study up for what to do in the event of an invasion.

"That guy said that blob thing came from a digital world. A digital world... inside the computer? How does someone put an entire world inside a computer like that?" Janice thought aloud. "Maybe I can shove it back in there? I mean, it more or less just popped out of the monitor in the first place. So, there's gotta be a way back in!"

Janice turned to face the creature, who was currently sitting on top of the kitchen counter with a half-eaten carrot hanging out of its mouth. Its yellow eyes locked with Janice's own, both the creature and the teenager seemingly being locked into a staring contest. The more she looked at it, the more she really could not see how this blob was supposed to be a threat. At the same time though, she knew the news would not make such an accusation about these things if it was not true. If this thing was dangerous, she had to get him out of their world and back into that... digital world that the man in the report had mentioned. It was her duty to keep Scott safe! Without wasting another moment, Janice quickly pushed past her brother and grabbed the creature off the counter.

"H-Hey! Janice, what are you doing?!" Scott called out, his eyes widening as Janice grabbed the blob and the counter and started to run down the hallway.

"I'm taking care of business! Just stay in there and wait, Scott! Janice shouted, quickly turning into her room and making her way towards the monitor.

The creature in her hands started to make some rather uncomfortable squeaking noises, clearly not comfortable with the current development it found itself in. Still, Janice was not about to let its cuteness get the best of her! Janice began to push the creature up against the monitor screen, trying her best to try and shove the creature back in. Much to her dismay, Scott had followed her the whole way and was now staring at the teenager in horror and disbelief.

"J-Janice! Don't do that, you're gonna hurt it!" the boy shouted, quickly running up to the teenager and grabbing hold of her arms.

"S-Shut up, Scott! Didn't you hear the news report? This thing is dangerous and we gotta get rid of it!" she snapped back.

"But it hasn't even done anything! Maybe he just doesn't like animals!"

"Animals? Scott, this thing came from another world! Didn't you listen to that guy at all?!"

In the middle of their squabble, the blob creature had somehow managed to slip out of Janice's hands. It quickly began to hop away, managing to somehow get under Janice's bed. The fact that the blob was in hiding did not stop the two siblings' argument, however.

"News people exaggerate all the time! He was probably just trying to make things more interesting!" Scott shouted, crossing his arms over his chest.

Janice rolled her eyes at the boy's comment. "Scott. You saw it yourself! All the electronic surges in the apartment. The fact that thing came out of a giant Easter egg! It ain't normal!"

"Would you two please stop fighting! Siblings are supposed to get along!"

"Shut up and stay out of it!" Janice snapped, glancing at a strange yellow and purple creature peeking out from under her bed.

Her eyes widened as the creature peeked out a bit more. Scott too seemed to stare at the creature, both of the siblings forgetting all about their argument for the time being. Slowly, Janice began to make her way towards the creature. Scott followed closely on her heels.

"...What the hell are you?" Janice questioned.

"Swear..." Scott mumbled.

"Me...? I'm a Digimon," the creature explained, giving both Janice and Scott a somewhat sheepish smile.

"A Digiman?" Scott questioned.

The yellow creature giggled, her eyes lighting up as she did. "No, silly! I'm a Digimon! You can call me Nyaromon!"

Janice stared in absolute silence as she tried to process what was going on. She could have sworn that the thing that crawled under her bed was a black blob with glowing, yellow eyes. This... current thing though was far different looking. To some extent, the creature resembled the head of a cat. It even had a pair of cat-shaped ears on her head, with the tips colored in purple. A long, feline-like tail also stretched out behind her. It was yellow in color, with purple stripes and a purple tip.

latest

She took another step foward, lowering herself to the floor to be more on the creature's level. "Listen... Nyaboiman."

"Nyaromon," the cat-like being corrected.

"Right, whatever..." Janice sighed, trying to keep the current situation on focus. "Look, before you popped out there was a black... blob thing that bounced under there. Where is it?"

"Oh! That was me," Nyaromon explained. "I guess I ended up Digivolving while you and your brother are arguing."

"Digi-what?" Janice questioned, raising a curious eyebrow to Nyaromon.

"Digivolving! It's um... It's like when you grow up! Except for us Digimon, we sort of change forms when we grow up, instead of just getting taller," she explained.

"How is any of this happening..." Janice sighed, falling against her floor in defeat. Just when it seemed like everything was starting to come clear... even it was just on the microscopic level of that, a new development came out that threw everything into question. Janice felt a weight hop onto her stomach, causing the teenager to look up and see Nyaromon staring at her intently. "What are you doing?"

"Making sure you're okay. The way you just fell back, I thought that maybe there was something wrong," Nyaromon reasoned.

Scott giggled at the brutal honestly the Digimon was sporting. "I really like her, Janice. Can we please keep her?"

"No, Scott... We need to get this thing back to... wherever it came from," Janice said. She slowly sat up, causing the Digimon sitting on her stomach to hop back off into the floor. "Look, Naomimen..."

"Nyaromon," Scott corrected.

Janice shot him a dirty look before continuing. "You were an egg that came out of my monitor. You're supposed to be from another world, but you really need to go back to that world. How can I get you to go back into my monitor?"

The Digimon glanced up at Janice. She took note of Janice pointing towards the computer screen, and took focus on it for a moment. A frown quickly graced Nyaromon's mouth as she closed her eyes, letting out a small humming noise, as if she were deep in thought. A few seconds of silence passed, when the Digimon suddenly snapped her eyes open and a bright smile returned to her mouth.

"I have no idea!" she exclaimed in delight.

Janice groaned.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
  • Madison Campbell

As Madison kept looking in her room for answers, even going as far as inspecting her TV to see if someone was pulling a prank on her. As soon as she was done inspecting her TV, the egg she had been holding tight started glowing. "What?! Is it going to explode?!" Madison started panicking, quickly put the egg on her pillow and ran as fast as she could to her desk to hide under it and covered her ears. "They're going to kill me..." Madison spoke to herself but to her surprise... nothing happened?

Madison slowly but carefully stood up from her hiding place and immediately turned her gaze to her, not exploded yet, pillow. To her surprise, the egg wasn't there anymore! Madison ran towards her pillow and instead of an egg she saw a small, yellow, puffy creature with a fox like tail sitting or... laying on her pillow. It didn't have paws so it was hard to tell. "Food!" it yelled with his small mouth. "It... talks? Oh boy... Now they're really going to kill me..." Madison didn't know what to think and laid an hand on her head as she started thinking. She had never seen an animal like this before. Even stranger was that it had fur and usually animals with fur didn't come out of eggs. Speaking of his egg, Madison searched with her eyes around the crreature but couldn't find leftovers from the egg. It was like it disappeared from the earth bottom.

Reremon_by_Kitsune_aka_Cettie.gif

"Food! Food! FOOODDD!!!" It started jumping around and screaming loudly. "Okay! Okay! Okay! Be quiet! Geez..." Madison tried to silence it with her hand. The creature was awfully soft and Madison suddenly found herself stroking it's fur. "You're pretty cute..." she whispered as she was distracted. "FOOD!" the yellow creature screamed again and snapped Madison out of her distraction. "Yes! I get it! Stay here!" Madison said strictly with her pointy index finger and left her room quietly. She didn't know whether her parents were still awake or not but hoped they hadn't heard the noise from her room. Upon coming downstairs she saw her foster father sitting in the living room while watching some movie. Madison had to get past the living room to get to the kitchen so this was a no go.

Madison quietly went back upstairs and headed for her secret food hideout in her closet in her room with a pretty sad look on her face. She hesitately opened one of her drawers and took out some of her favorite candies that she bought from the little money that she had. She walked up to the little creature, unwrapped the candies and fed it to him or her. She watched it eat her whole stock of candies and sighed. "Are you finally stuffed now? You better are because that was all I got." Madison said a little irritated.

"Is food all you can say or...?-" As soon as Madison asked that, the creature started glowing again. Right in front of Madison's eyes it was starting changing it's appearence. Now she really was sure this wasn't a regular animal because animals didn't do that. The thing took a more fox like appearence and left Madison with a stunned face.

Viximon.gif

"What the heck are you?!" Madison yelled with a rather high tune in her voice as she took a few steps back. "Yo! I'm Viximon!" The creature said. "Viximon...? What the heck is a Viximon?" Madison crawled closer. "I'm a digimon. Are you really that stupid?" It spoke with a rather boyish voice. Madison judged from the voice that it had to be a male. "Who are you calling stupid?!" Madison was ready to scold it some more but things took an unexpected turn when her TV suddenly showed a man.

"Good evening, good morning and good day to you, people of Earth. My name is Fort, and I will explain what just happened to you."

"Please do because I have no idea what the frick just happened!" Madison sat in front of the TV to listen what the man had to say.

"At the creation of the world wide web, many experiments were made. Some of these gave rise to an unexpected side effect: digital life. Beings of independent thought that lived in what we would only perceive as thoughts, disguised as electrical signals in our world. But they are very real. Ladies and gentlemen, there is our Real World... And there is the Digital World. I am the head of an international Digital Agency. For years now, we have been trying to communicate with the lifeforms in the Digital World, whose realm has long since disconnected with our internet. We have managed to learn that there is some kind of major conflict going on on the other side. Today, one side gave up. Instead, they have gone through the barriers to our world, the Real World. The creatures many of you have just met may seem harmless and small, but make no mistake. This is an invasion."

Madison was quiet for awhile. Did this just really happen? She slowly trew a glance at Viximon who seemed kinda confused as well. "Are you really bad?" Madison asked it but kinda knew what his answer would be. "I don't know. I don't think so." Viximon answered.

Madison heard footsteps coming from the stairs and wondered if this message was on the TV downstairs as well. She quickly moved towards Viximon and wondered what she should do. "What are they going to do with me?" Viximon asked Madison who had bend over him and covered herself in blankets with Viximon in her arms to make it seem like she was sleeping. Madison heard someone knocking on her door and answered with a sleepy "Come in..."

Her foster father came in and immediately searched around her room without saying anything. "Did you just say that man on your television too?" He asked her. "Y-Yeah! I don't know what he was talking about though... N-Nothing happened here." Madison replied with a sheepish smile, making it very obvious that she was lying. "Madison L'amore, I know that face. What happened?" Her foster father spoke with a stern look on his face. "S-Sorry... My TV made noise and well... Then that guy showed up." Madison pointed at her TV. Madison was a very bad liar but hiding some important facts was sometimes a way for her to bypass this fact when she really couldn't tell them anything.

"Alright then... If I find out you're lying then you have a very big problem, lady!" He came closer and for a second Madison was afraid he'd pull of her blanket. Instead he pecked her forehead and left. "Good night, Madison." He said with a kind and warm smile. "Good night, Mr. Campbell..." With that he closed the door behind him and Madison let out a deep yet relieved sigh.

"You're a very bad liar." Viximon said from under the blankets. "Shut up and sleep!" Madison whispered. "I'll find out what to do with you tomorow. I think I'll ask Robin if he knows something..." Madison closed her eyes and held Viximon tightly against her chest. "You're squeezing me..." he said with a faint voice as if he was already falling asleep. "I'm making sure you're not secretly going to kill me." Madison snarled but it seemed as though that Viximon had already fallen asleep. Madison sighed and closed her eyes as well...

Not for good of course.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Elliot

Barney stared at Pagumon, who stared back. Neither blinked. Elliot held her breath without knowing it.

"Jamie, go back to bed," the dad finally said.

"But-"

"Don't argue, honey."

Pouting, Jamie crossed her arms, but that's when Joel also appeared in the hallway. He threw one glance at Elliot's bed, became more wide eyed than she had ever seen him before, and started to erupt into astonished swear words before Barney stopped him with a gesture and made him scurry away with Jamie to her room instead.

Elliot still hadn't said a word when Barney then closed the door behind them and slowly walked up to her bed.

"Elliot," he began.

"He's not dangerous!" She surprised herself with the sincerity and urgency of her voice.

Her dad was still looking at the creature, when he crouched on the floor to get to its level. "Who are you?" he asked.

"I'm Pagumon!" Its voice was stressed. "Who are you?"

"I'm Elliot's father."

"Wow, I never had a father! Why haven't I?" Pagumon blurted out and seemed to become thoughtful.

"Dad..." Elliot said, putting her hand on Pagumon's head again, which caused the creature to forget its ponderings and smile up at her. "He didn't even know what they were talking about, on the screen."

"He could have lied."

"He's a baby!"

"Are you invading us?" Barney asked the digimon seriously.

"I'm not! I have no idea what other digimon are up to! It's also really strange that I'm in the real world. I'm not usually here."

"See, he knows nothing!" Elliot claimed.

Barney sighed and finally met her stare. "He's not lying, but we don't know anything about these creatures. How did he even get here?"

"He... Came through my laptop screen."

"Just like that?"

"As an egg. Then he hatched, and then he transformed-"

"Digivolved!" Pagumon corrected her eagerly.

"Transformed? Will you transform again?" Barney asked with a frown.

"Maybe! Probably! Most likely," Pagumon said, nodding.

"And become bigger and stronger, perhaps?"

"Much much bigger and stronger, most likely!"

Barney stood up again with a dark face. "So maybe he will become part of the invasion force they were talking about, eventually. Unless we hand him over as soon as possible."

"Dad!" Elliot screamed and stood up too. "You can't take him!"

"I have to, honey. I'll see if I can find a box to put him in."

Pagumon's eyes widened when he seemed to understand that something bad would happen to him. Most likely. "Elliot...?" he croaked weakly.

"He's mine, dad. I found him. He came to me. I..."

Barney was on his way out from the room, but now he turned back when his daughter stopped her words. She looked bewildered. Utterly serious. And he did understand. Pagumon was like an item from her collection. Something meaningful that she had found. When Jamie or Alex stole Elliot's treasures for fun, Elliot could become devastated. And now he was here, wanting to take her newest treasure away from her.

"It's not the same thing, Elliot," he tried. "He's not a toy you can put on a shelf. He's alive, look at him! And the only ones who know anything about him say that he is - that he will become dangerous. How can I not listen to them and protect my family?"

"How do you know it's not them lying?" Elliot spat back.

That thought actually struck a chord in Barney and she could see that he hesitated. "You are right," he said. "We actually can't know that."

"So, we wait and see, right?"

"Elliot's father!" Pagumon suddenly piped up, literally jumping up and down on the bed to try and get his attention, which he did. "I am not going to hurt Elliot. I promise! I can even protect her if someone else tries to hurt her! Most likely."

She could easily see how distressed Barney was at this point. He didn't know what to do. She could sway him. Usually, Joel was the daddy who was easy to persuade. Barney was the stern one.

"Please, dad," Elliot said, taking his hand. "Just wait until the morning and see what happens with other digimon, please? Just don't be the first to turn him in!"

He gave in. "Alright. He can stay for now."

Pagumon cheered and Elliot smiled at him.

"But in our bedroom, not in yours. And in a box, not in a bed."

"Aw." Pagumon's face drooped.

"That's mean, dad!"

"No, it's safety. Come on, little fellow," Barney said and held out his arms to pick the digimon up. Pagumon obeyed. "He's heavier than he looks!"

He saw his daughter's worried eyes when he turned towards the door again, but didn't comment on it further. "Goodnight, Elliot."

"Goodnight, dad."

He closed the door with one hand and struggled to keep Pagumon on the other.

"Where's our room?" the digimon asked cheerfully.

"First, we'll get you into that box!" Barney said, equally cheerfully. He found a cardboard box they meant to throw away, in the kitchen, and put down the cooperative purple blob there. "Sit tight now, I'll just make sure that this thing works," he told him.

"Sitting tight! How the box works, you mean?"

"Yes," Barney said and proceeded to close the box around the digimon.

Then he taped it shut, before lifting it up again. He looked down the corridor. The doors to Jamie's, Elliot's and Alex' rooms were still closed. The door to his and Joel's bedroom wasn't. But he turned the other way, walking out to the living room and the entrance hall. Within a minute, he was out on the street.

"Our room is cold!" Pagumon's voice came from inside the box, just as the front gate to the apartment building closed behind him and the first raindrops started to fall against the cardboard.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Lynn

"Where... am I?" the young woman Lynn pondered, exploring the unknown place. She looked to her left. Nothing. She looked to her right. Even more nothing. It was just an empty street with no one there. It was foggy, nighttime, she thought it was the literal end of the world and she was the only one left chosen by the gods to stay, until she saw a dim light. She slowly approached the light post with nothing but the clothes on her back. Of course when she arrived there, there was still no one. At least, that's what she thought.

"I know what you did..." a voice called. Lynn quickly surveyed the area. Once again no one was around, until.. she then had a long stare upon the nearby post.

"Are you... talking to me?" Lynn asked.

"I know what you did," it spoke again. Indeed, it was the light post. At least, that's where the sound was resonating from. "You didn't wash your hands after breakfast, didn't you?"

"What the…" began Lynn, before she felt something hit she in the head. "Ow!"

"Silence, mortal! Those with unclean hands will respect me!" it continued. Seemingly it was the one which had hit Lynn. " I also know who you are! Your name is Gracie Tenymia! The heir to the princess of Ca'an!"

"Just... who or what are you?" Lynn asked.

"I am your husband, Gracie!"

"But my name isn't Gracie... it's Lynn," Lynn explained. "And don't tell me that you're my husband!"

"Ah, you're correct there," it corrected. "Because - YOU DON'T HAVE ONE! Put on more makeup!"

"What? Makeup?" Lynn pondered. "But why..." But Lynn could not reply any further. Instead, the word 'makeup' was stuck on her head. Makeup... makeup.. ake... up...!

Wake up, ye' feisty landlubbers! Ye boxside be tired for all that snuzzin' now get it in gear, or ye be walking the plank!! That voice came from the sound of Lynn's custom-ordered pirate speaking alarm. Indeed, Lynn flew her eyes open, finding herself in front of her flashing computer screen. It was all just a dream. A really, really bad nightmare...

Lynn knew this would happen. She then looked on her computer screen with her eyes, still half-asleep. It showed her Word-application, which was of course, completely blank. She had no ideas for the last two hours for a journal story for the magazine she worked for, and eventually, set her alarm clock to be set off just in case she fell asleep in pure boredom.

She let off a brief sigh. Could she maybe write a paper about the lamppost that seemingly attacked her? No one is going to buy it. Writing that she was struck on the head once wouldn't make the front lines either. Of course, unless she was really royalty. Indeed, the responsibility she took for her magazine, she remembers well...

It was a quiet day in the magazine company, The Inaba, which still no one really understood why it was called that, considering that it wasn't in Inaba. At any rate, the day was typical. People had their own ideas and fantasy - a girl changed her hair color to blond! Could she be attracting spiders?! Was one crazy topic. For Lynn, she always focused on one thing. The truth. The truth that can help others.

"Heeey hun," a sharp-looking woman called out to Lynn, as Lynn was working on her cubicle desk. Lynn waved her cheerful 'hello', as always. "What do you think of being in charge of our front page story? See whats in there, and go crazy!"

"Go crazy, huh?" Lynn repeated followed up with a smile. This was her first big task in the job! "No problemo chief! I'll take on the responsibility!"

I can't believe I took on the responsibility, Lynn looked back in regret. Normally, she was filled with glamorous inspiration for her ideas. But tonight? Tonight just.. doesn't seem right. Nothing was happening. No one was inspiring. Her silence was then interrupted by a clear 'meow!'. It was coming from her cat, Ruby. He probably came to get some snacks from Lynn, but Lynn thought otherwise.

"Ruby..." she said, as she picked him up and cuddled him with her arms. "I knoooow. You came to laugh at my negativity, hm? Aw, I'm sorry, babe. I'll get the scoop somewhere! I just need to be positive! All I need... is just a flash of wonders..."

Of course what happened next, is the start of the beginning. The computer screen of hers suddenly flashed a bright blue light as Lynn was unprepared for it. She unwittingly leaned back and quickly covered her eyes, as Ruby jumped off her arms from his own surprise. Lynn found herself out of balance on her chair as she leaned back far too much, causing her to fall on her back. The flash grew bright, but then got dimmer and dimmer. The light seemed to be... materializing! Lynn then uncovered her eyes as the light lost it's luster, as it developed in a particular shape. Then, the light died, and she saw it.

latest

She didn't know exactly what it was but... the only thing that she can characterize this to be was a fairly large egg with blue spots. Her cat Ruby approached it, giving it a hiss, poking at it with his paws. Lynn composed herself, finally giving a close look at the object. It didn't make sense. What kind of egg materializes from a computer? She give it a quick poke, and then rubbed on it with her palms. It was definitely real. Then why...? But then, she gave a realization.

"Yup... I'm dreaming again."

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023

Mitsuki Robins
    x

After quietly closing the door behind her, Mitsuki looked around to see if anyone else was still up. It wasn't uncommon for Mitsuki's father to be up late, even if it was a weekday, but it seemed she was in luck. She managed to sneak down the stairs, taking care not to make the wooden steps creak as she stepped on them. Even in the kitchen, she didn't turn on any lights - she just opened the refrigerator and used that to illuminate her way. But now came the next challenge. What does a blob eat?

Eventually, the girl went back upstairs with a tray full of different kinds of food. Apple slices, a banana, some cookies, a slice of bread, some cornflakes and milk; she tried to grab as many 'natural foods' that she could find. If only they had a pet, then she could at least give it food that was actually meant for animals.
    The second-last step up the stairs was the most dangerous, since it made the loudest creak. And since now she didn't have a hand free to use the handrail, she'd just have to be quick. Lifting the tray a bit higher, she skipped the step, and safely made it up without making a sound. She let out a sigh of relief, and was about to open the door to her room, when a hushed voice sounded from the other side of the hallway.

''Mitsuki!''​

The voice startled her so much, she almost dropped the tray of food. She gazed into the dark hallway to detect its source, when she noticed Takashi and Hikaru, her two brothers, standing in the doorway of their own room.
    ''Get over here! There's a ghost!''​
    Mitsuki gestured for the twins to keep their voice down. ''What are you talking about? Go back to sleep!''
    ''No, really! It came out of our TV... Please just come here!''
    ''Came out-- ugh, fine! Just stay put, I'll be right there!''
    She went into her own room first, and put the tray down in front of the white blob that was still patiently waiting on her bed. ''Here's some food. I'll be right back. Please be quiet, okay?'' she said. She wasn't sure if the little monster would understand at all, but it seemed to nod at her before it dug into the food, so she felt a bit relieved, at least. After a quick check of the hallway, she snuck into her brothers' room. The pair was sitting in front of the TV now, apparently watching a news program. ''Mitsuki, come quick! This weird man knows about the egg and the ghost!''
    ''What weird man?'' she said as she sat down next to them to see the TV. The screen displayed a man's face, indeed. His black hair was neatly combed back, but despite the coldness of his gray eyes, he had a kind expression. Mitsuki was about to ask her brothers what happened first, but then the man suddenly began his speech.

''At the creation of the world wide web, many experiments were made. Some of these gave rise to an unexpected side effect: digital life. Beings of independent thought that lived in what we would only perceive as thoughts, disguised as electrical signals in our world. But they are very real. Ladies and gentlemen, there is our Real World... And there is the Digital World.''

Her brothers beamed. ''The Digital World? That sounds so cool!'' Mitsuki in turn was just filled with unease for what was to come.

''I am the head of an international Digital Agency. For years now, we have been trying to communicate with the lifeforms in the Digital World, whose realm has long since disconnected with our internet. We have managed to learn that there is some kind of major conflict going on on the other side. Today, one side gave up. Instead, they have gone through the barriers to our world, the Real World. The creatures many of you have just met may seem harmless and small, but make no mistake. This is an invasion.''

''Whaat! An invasion?! Aliens! They're aliens!''
    ''SSSH! You'll wake mom and dad!''
    ''The Agency has outposts all over the world, but not in every city. We urge you to bring any digital monster you see, to the police. If they will not go willingly, call your alarm number and we will come as soon as possible. Stay calm. Avoid the monsters. Do not let them fool you. This is an invasion. Thank you.''

Mitsuki needed a few moments to take in what the man just told her. The boys weren't concerned with it anymore, though. They immediately started searching their room for the 'ghost' they mentioned earlier. Eventually they found it, hiding under their closet, from which it promptly fled upon being discovered. Mitsuki had to hand it to them, it definitely looked like a ghost. Its body seemed to consist entirely of smoke, but with two glowing eyes. Way at the top of its head, a flame burned vigorously - presumably because it was under quite a bit of stress being chased by her brothers. The creature flew around the room looking for an exit, since it apparently couldn't go through walls after all. Mitsuki got up swiftly and opened a window for it to leave. It flew outside, and just for a second seemed to turn around and bow in gratitude. The boys watched in complete silence as it left... and then lashed out towards Mitsuki in an outrage.

''What'd you do that for?! It was going to be our alien!''
    ''Obviously you two are not fit to keep something like that! And for all you know it could be dangerous! Did you listen to anything the man on TV just said?!''​
    Upon that, they became silent. Hikaru looked down at his feet, while Takashi walked up to the window to see the alien ghost off. It was apparently still in sight, as he waved, and was soon joined by Hikaru that did the same. Mitsuki just watched them until they stopped, before standing behind them and lowering herself to their height.
    ''Now it's time for you to go to sleep, okay?''
    ''Yeeeeahhhh...''​

The door to Mitsuki's room creaked as she came in, so she swiftly closed it. She sighed. This had been a turbulent night. It was a miracle that her parents didn't wake up - but then again, her father was an incredibly deep sleeper, and if her mother could sleep through his snoring, then surely she could sleep through this noise as well.
    Mitsuki walked towards the bed quietly, too tired to have her guard up for the little monster that was sitting on her bed. Still the same, tiny white blob that she'd left here before. It'd eaten all the food she left for it. It even managed to open up the pack of cornflakes somehow and eat its contents. But that had apparently tired it out, for now it was sleeping soundly on the covers at the food of her bed. Maybe the ghost in the other room could've been dangerous, but surely this tiny creature couldn't hurt anyone? An invasion... Well, she could always worry about that more in the morning. Mitsuki carefully crawled into bed, as to not wake the little monster sleeping with her. So there she was again, staring at the same moon and stars on her ceiling. Everything had changed in a matter of minutes, but at least her exhaustion allowed her to fall alseep swiftly now.

x

Last edited:
    Years

Koren Ardal
    Crest of Knowledge | Kuramon

Koren and Kuramon both stood transfixed as the static on the desktops screen gradually faded away to reveal the face of a serious-looking man with narrow grey eyes and black hair worn in a back slick.

"Good evening, good morning and good day to you, people of Earth. My name is Fort, and I will explain what just happened to you.{/I]"

Koren looked at the jellyfish-like creature that was currently his company, Kuramon looked just as confused by the mans appearance as Koren did.
    "Don't suppose you know him?"
    "Nope" the squeaky voice replied, however before Koren could continue with any more questions that began to speak once more.

" At the creation of the world wide web, many experiments were made. Some of these gave rise to an unexpected side effect: digital life. Beings of independent thought that lived in what we would only perceive as thoughts, disguised as electrical signals in our world. But they are very real. Ladies and gentlemen, there is our Real World... And there is the Digital World.

"That doesn't make any sense…" Koren said, however he didn't add anything further. An egg and a pendant emerging from his computer screen didn't make any sense either and yet not long ago just that had happened. Koren sighed, and tapped Kuramon on the head. The digimon was definitely a physical being, and if he was there then this "Fort" person had to be telling the truth. Fort resumed speaking even as Koren's chain of thought ceased

"I am the head of an international Digital Agency. For years now, we have been trying to communicate with the lifeforms in the Digital World, whose realm has long since disconnected with our internet. We have managed to learn that there is some kind of major conflict going on on the other side. Today, one side gave up. Instead, they have gone through the barriers to our world, the Real World. The creatures many of you have just met may seem harmless and small, but make no mistake. This is an invasion.

Koren promptly sat down on the bed in order to consider his situation, no longer paying attention to the man on the screen fully but thinking things through from himself.
    Something doesn't seem quite right about this… if this is an invasion where are the shock troops. Besides, they used a pretty ineffective method sending eggs to us. People could go nuts and break them before anything could happen. Besides, how does this person even know what just happened? How did they manage to time their message so perfectly? I think I'm going to see how things play out myself before I do anything. For all I know this is just the government reacting to things it doesn't understand the usual way – killing it first and then researching later."

Koren looked down at Kuramon, who seemed genuinely surprised by what had just happened. Which made sense, he'd only just been born really.
    Just something else that makes me wonder about tis invasion… I'll have to do some research and see what comes up.

Koren spent the next hour examining Kuramon, before the two inevitably fell asleep the surprises and excitement having taken a surprising toll on both of them.

kuramon_base_xd_by_victheawesomeness-d7chvm1.png

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Elliot
    sad morning

Elliot walked with angry strides down the street towards her school. She didn't live too far off, but usually went by bike because it was quicker. This morning though, she had found what she was thoroughly convinced was a digimon, chewing on her front tire. It had run off screaming when she approached though. And it had not been Pagumon. Walking to school today, yep.

She was furious. Not because of the broken bike, really, though she told herself that.

How could he?

The weather was warm already, the sun glaring down on the back of her blue canvas jacket as she moved. It would be a hot spring day. At least the lonely digimon out here wouldn't be freezing. She glanced around the street, easing up on her frowning for a bit. No digimon in sight. Maybe most of them had already been brought in to the police. Small, insecure babies. Funny and cheerful, like Pagumon, for sure. Scared, like the tiny one who ate her tire. It wasn't fair.

He had thrown him out. Left Pagumon to his own fate on the street. Lied to her. She didn't even care that he "at least" hadn't brought Pagumon in to the police station. This was almost worse. What if someone found him and hurt him?

"I found him..." she muttered to herself as the school came into view when she turned around a corner. "He was mine."

Barney had known this, and yet he had taken Pagumon away from her. Yeah, she admitted it. It wasn't the bike she was angry about. But there was nothing she could do about it now. As she walked through the gates to the school yard, she felt resignation rather than fury. There was nothing she could do.

She did not see the creature watching her from a treetop above.

latest

OOC: it's time to wake up and go to school! You can drag your morning out as much as you want, get your digimon to come with you in any way you want, and interact with whomever you want - as long as you end up in school eventually. Preferably on time at 8 am ;) And no, you don't wear school uniforms, ignore that in the picture.

Back