• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
How do I change Professor Birch of Pokemon Ruby to a different image and palette? He doesn't have a UNLZ number and tile molester doesn't seem to be working

Try NSE classic. I think the bookmarks have both. Just REPOINT TO FREE SPACE AFTERWARDS SO YOU DON'T OVERWRITE.

EDIT: ^ ^ He beat me

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
It might not be fixable by unlz or other tools since it's stuck in gamefreak's code. I've seen this happen before, but that's after using offsets that don't unclude FF's

SPOILER THOSE IMAGES. BOTH OF YOU. PLEASE.

Now, I know how to fix those sprites, you aren't the first to have that issue. However, it is quite complex. So, I will write a tut soon on how.

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
The behavior scripts? Like the ones that display messages? Either way, just search for those bytes that are usually there in a normal rom and find them in your rom.

Not exactly, The ones like 6D Arrow down => warp under block. I would like to edit what they do.

GoGoJJTech

Years
Not exactly, The ones like 6D Arrow down => warp under block. I would like to edit what they do.

Well like I said, in a normal rom copy the bytes that are there, and in your rom search for those bytes. if you have a match, then you have the table. Just share where they're at ;)

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Try NSE classic. I think the bookmarks have both. Just REPOINT TO FREE SPACE AFTERWARDS SO YOU DON'T OVERWRITE.

EDIT: ^ ^ He beat me

well im having this issue.

Spoiler:

could this be that i accidentally overwrite the old offsets?

edit: just tried again without overwriting the old offsets... it just puts the sprite at the new offsets and carries on with birch offset.. only way to get this is if i overwrite the sprite offset but when i do, i get that blue picture.

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

Years
well im having this issue.

Spoiler:

could this be that i accidentally overwrite the old offsets?

The first color in the palette (and this goes for all sprites) is the transparent color. So that green color must be first so it will be transparent. The rest is because the palette in-game must be pointing FROM the original palette, TO the new one.

Le pug

Years
The first color in the palette (and this goes for all sprites) is the transparent color. So that green color must be first so it will be transparent. The rest is because the palette in-game must be pointing FROM the original palette, TO the new one.

I must be doing something wrong because I'm not doing this repointing gig. Could you explain it?

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024
I want to add the Jessie/James encounter music from Pokémon Yellow to my FireRed hack. How can I export it, or is there a site where I can legally download it?

Rezordaxx

Asks many questions!
Years
I want to add the Jessie/James encounter music from Pokémon Yellow to my FireRed hack. How can I export it, or is there a site where I can legally download it?

For the music use Google.
and i think you mean import instead of export? :s

To import you can use Sappy
Tutorial here : http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=259264

Greets,

So now i need some help,

I have inserted 2 fakemon in my hack
and i want them to evolve into each other I think you know what i mean,

So i edited in YAPE that it evolves into the other fakemon on LVL 16
but when it goes in evolution it is about to do the quick change sprite thingy and then it doesnt change and it says : ...?

can someone help me?

Last edited:

daniilS

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024
For the music use Google.
and i think you mean import instead of export? :s

To import you can use Sappy
Tutorial here : (I can't quote this part because it contains a link)

No, I did mean export, because I need it in a format from which I can insert it into my hack (I know how), but I can't find it anywhere, so I was thinking that maybe it's possible to export it from a yellow rom like you do with sappy from gba roms.

Rezordaxx

Asks many questions!
Years
No, I did mean export, because I need it in a format from which I can insert it into my hack (I know how), but I can't find it anywhere, so I was thinking that maybe it's possible to export it from a yellow rom like you do with sappy from gba roms.

you need a .MIDI format,
you can make it a .MIDI file with audacity,

this video explains how : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDUQ7ZTZ1ro&feature=c4-overview&list=UU1LVws8VyLkcizlFDOR8ixg

If you watch from 2:44 he explains how to format to .MIDI

Le pug

Years
I can't seem to get this to work! The heroine backsprite and frontsprite are fine but when it comes to the hero frontsprite and backsprite, if one is working, the other one has a effed up palette. When I replace it, using unlz, it'll work in the game properly.. but then reset the other to have a effed up palette.

olso.png

I don't see how the palette offsets would affect it since the heroine front and back sprite are working properly and have same palette offsets as the hero? I never change the palette offset, only the image offset and i use 90XXXX offsets.

I click write to rom > Export palette and auto abort if data is bigger checked > put in offset into image offset > ok
> write to rom > uncheck export palette and check auto fix pointers and export image > put in offset into image offset > ok

If someone could help in detail, thanks

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
I can't seem to get this to work! The heroine backsprite and frontsprite are fine but when it comes to the hero frontsprite and backsprite, if one is working, the other one has a effed up palette. When I replace it, using unlz, it'll work in the game properly.. but then reset the other to have a effed up palette.

olso.png

I don't see how the palette offsets would affect it since the heroine front and back sprite are working properly and have same palette offsets as the hero? I never change the palette offset, only the image offset and i use 90XXXX offsets.

I click write to rom > Export palette and auto abort if data is bigger checked > put in offset into image offset > ok
> write to rom > uncheck export palette and check auto fix pointers and export image > put in offset into image offset > ok

If someone could help in detail, thanks

On Ruby, I think they share the same palette. Just make both exactly the same and it should work. FR is a completely different story, ugggh.

Edit: Make sure in GIMP or Photoshop or whatever, that both sprites are not only the same color, but use the exact same color order. After rereading your post, that is where I think you went wrong. The colors aren't in the same order in the indexed images.

daniilS

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024
you need a .MIDI format,
you can make it a .MIDI file with audacity,

this video explains how : still not allowed to quote links

If you watch from 2:44 he explains how to format to .MIDI

Well, the problem is that because this track is yellow-exclusive, the only thing I can find online are youtube videos with remixes or extended versions. But somebody should have been the first one to export the music, so it must be possible. I also have a .gbs file, is there a way I can convert that to some midis?

Rezordaxx

Asks many questions!
Years
Well, the problem is that because this track is yellow-exclusive, the only thing I can find online are youtube videos with remixes or extended versions. But somebody should have been the first one to export the music, so it must be possible. I also have a .gbs file, is there a way I can convert that to some midis?

Then i think you should get a pkmn yellow rom and rip the music yourself by playing the game
Till the music starts and open a gamerecorder or sound recorder, then record the music.
And save it as a mp3 then convert the mp3 to MIDI an put it in your rom,
Dont know about the gbs file try it with audacity.

Hope it helps.

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

Years

Actually, my mega huge sappy tut explains how to do it un dreadfully. It's a simple process, and easy to follow

daniilS

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024
Actually, my mega huge sappy tut explains how to do it un dreadfully. It's a simple process, and easy to follow

Really? I looked through it, but couldn't find anything about gb music.

Years
Is there any way to edit the palette for the world map in Fire Red? My world map won't work without it. Any help is appreciated!

GoGoJJTech

Years
Really? I looked through it, but couldn't find anything about gb music.

Well if you had GB music in MIDI form...

Is there any way to edit the palette for the world map in Fire Red? My world map won't work without it. Any help is appreciated!

I changed it. It's located at offset 0x3EF3DC

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back