• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Countdown to X and Y: Released Everywhere Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Request: Since this is a countdown thread to the actual release can we please avoid spoilers? I'm avoiding many of the threads in this section already, and I don't wanna add this... Like, can we avoid subjects in here that aren't released officially pretty pls :cc

Totally agree with you. Been avoiding spoilers for the last couple of days, this seems as the most safe XY Thread!

I pre-ordered Y last Tuesday, and ever since time goes incredibly slow. I want my Chespin!
Y team so far;
Chespin
Talonflame
Blastoise
Sylveon
Pseudo legendary or Tyrantrum
??? (A new Pokemon that hasn't been revealed so far).

Years
IGN Gave it a 9/10 but the story line is not as great as Black and Whites. I say that Black and Whites story lines where probably the best story line the game of Pokemon has ever received. It was difficult and it made sense. I liked it.

Wow that was a bit surprising they ranked based entirely on the storyline plot. Maybe this shows Black and White, while being underwhelming according to most, apparently has the best story plot in series history.

Years
Man only 8 more days! Can't wait for Mega Charizard X. Finally our favorite fire starter is a dragon type. Glad they implemented the classic starters into X & Y. The nostalgia is almost overwhelming.

Years
I really somewhat regret getting Y now, because Mega Charizard X is just awesome indeed. Oh well.. if I do save up enough money though than for sure I will try my best to also get a copy of X as well, possibly for Christmas.

ProjectMisfit

The fear of an inconceivable ending.
Years
Any other ways we can hype up moreso for the games? Seems like most are already through the movies. x3 I finished today.

Years
I really somewhat regret getting Y now, because Mega Charizard X is just awesome indeed. Oh well.. if I do save up enough money though than for sure I will try my best to also get a copy of X as well, possibly for Christmas.

Apparently it's now been revealed that Mega Stones can be traded between games. That means there could be a chance for you to get a Mega Charizard X on your Y version after all. Same could be said for other version-specific Mega Evolutions and their respective Mega Stones.

Years
Apparently it's now been revealed that Mega Stones can be traded between games. That means there could be a chance for you to get a Mega Charizard X on your Y version after all. Same could be said for other version-specific Mega Evolutions and their respective Mega Stones.
That's at least good to hear! I'm really certain that Game Freak wouldn't want things to be version-exclusive that you can't transfer over at all :p

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
Wait, koff~

What's going on with all the side attractions? Did they rid themselves of contests entirely? I ask this because if they get rid of contests, berries are quick to follow. I enjoyed the berry system they brought up in Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver Versions and I hope we can grow them again (also, make buying mulch much easier by removing the annoying flower lady that talks forever).

I just started using the dream world less than a month ago and realized that while it is a great way to get certain items, restricting the growth of berries to an online game harms the experience overall. It requires you to have a computer that can run the game and for you to tuck in a Pokemon from your game. It also restricts you to carrying over just one Pokemon at a time (maybe more when you get more points) when there is clearly space for more in the Forest Area.

Also, I don't want to see any more new Pokemon in people's avatars and signatures. I feel that it's a tad insensitive to those who wish to see them for themselves. It's really hard to avoid those kinds of things even if you steer clear of the Pokemon X and Y Version threads.

Maybe waiting a day or two after the games come out to change your avatar and signature would be a better choice, as no one likes a spoilsport. If you do this (new Pokemon in signatures/avatars) think of yourself as the guy who ruins the plot-line to an anticipated film you've been wanting to see in the first ten minutes of the film's run time! I can understand wanting to show your excitement, but causing detriment to others surely isn't the way to go, koffi~

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Does anyone know roughly how many new Pokemon there will be? (I haven't read all the posts in this thread)

And maybe some people who ordered online will get the game a day before? I know Amazon have done it before.

The 70 rumor has been debunked as false. First of at the moment we are at 67 total that have been leaked and ones we already know. This is not counting the legendary trio (Beasts,Birds,Regis, Ect.) the 3rd version/sequel Legend and the event pokemon that we know we will have that have not been revealed.

atomtanned

Delinquent
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2022
Also, I don't want to see any more new Pokemon in people's avatars and signatures. I feel that it's a tad insensitive to those who wish to see them for themselves. It's really hard to avoid those kinds of things even if you steer clear of the Pokemon X and Y Version threads.

Maybe waiting a day or two after the games come out to change your avatar and signature would be a better choice, as no one likes a spoilsport. If you do this (new Pokemon in signatures/avatars) think of yourself as the guy who ruins the plot-line to an anticipated film you've been wanting to see in the first ten minutes of the film's run time! I can understand wanting to show your excitement, but causing detriment to others surely isn't the way to go, koffi~

I gotta agree on this -- at the very least, it would be nice if people waited to put Pokemon that haven't been released officially yet. I've been trying to avoid the unofficial leaks, and I caught a glimpse of a few in signatures before I realized what I was looking at and scrolled away quickly.

As for the number of Pokemon, I actually would rather have a smaller number of well-designed Pokemon and exciting new gameplay elements than a huge number of new monsters and little change elsewhere. There are already TONS of Pokemon... I mean, at what point does it become completely unwieldy? 1200? 1500? The more rapidly the Pokedex grows, the faster we'll see the end of the series, so I am more than okay with them slowing down a little bit.

Lazer

Geek in the Pink
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 24, 2014
Are the leaked Pokémon even real? Is it possible to check that?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Nintendo hasn't confirmed them to be real, but we're just assuming that they are—they look extremely legitimate to us. Well, most of us, anyway. Also, does anybody have a picture of Mega Gengar? I'd love to see how it looks! Gengar is supposedly the shadow of Clefable, so Mega Gengar would most likely turn out to be the shadow of another Pokémon. Maybe it could be Blissey? d:

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Yay! I cannot believe that we are in the final week before release, but it is finally here! I don't know how I am going to hold in my excitement as I am sure this is going to be the slowest week thus far. I will definitely have to find something to pass the time or I will be miserable waiting for the release XD

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Thankfully I got school and homwork to keep me busy until next week...if not I'll proably go mad like I was during the long summer full of waiting...

Sirfetch’d

I have some important things to do as well, so I guess I will be busier than expected. Still going to be a long an painful week especially with more leaks happening ;~;

Years
Yay! I cannot believe that we are in the final week before release, but it is finally here! I don't know how I am going to hold in my excitement as I am sure this is going to be the slowest week thus far. I will definitely have to find something to pass the time or I will be miserable waiting for the release XD

Yeah can't believe the games come out a week from today, and given my part of Australia is going into daylight savings today we'll lose one hour of the big wait which is awesome!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
As stated before, people want to avoid spoilers in this thread. If you are going to spoil, would you please use a spoiler box? Thank you! (I know I'm not a moderator, but this isn't too much asked, isn't

7 days to go! Coming week will be the longest week in human history! I have enough homework amd essay's to make, so I hope.that will make time go faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back