• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Countdown to X and Y: Released Everywhere Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • This is a very broad discussion and something I think will fit well with the Countdown DCC. So I'm going to merge the two.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It's Friday which means eight days to go! n_n

Seriously these days are flying by now and I'm really getting more hyped as the day draws closer.

Years
  • The days are indeed flying by now, so I gotta agree with that n_n

I should really contact all the people I knew from school last year that I still have contact with and see what their hype is going to be about the games.. I had quite a few friends who are into Pokémon, but unfortunately, not all of them own a 3DS

Gogoat Rocks!

The Hype is Real
    Years
  • 7 MORE DAYS!!! (in Australia)
    the days are going to HM 2 by now.
    I'm ready to take on any pokemon. bring it Gamefreak. ^^
    The only thing I am not looking forward to is me and my sister having a legendary battle. She has Xerneas which has an advantage over Yveltal. Fairy is super-affective agents dark type pokemon and Fire and dark are not ferry affective agents Fairy types
    (I'm going to die agented my sister)

Last edited:
    Years
  • It's Friday which means eight days to go! n_n

Seriously these days are flying by now and I'm really getting more hyped as the day draws closer.

The days are indeed flying by now, so I gotta agree with that n_n

I should really contact all the people I knew from school last year that I still have contact with and see what their hype is going to be about the games.. I had quite a few friends who are into Pokémon, but unfortunately, not all of them own a 3DS

Yeah I do have to admit it's surprising time has gone by so quickly, even more thanks to all the information we're discovering courtesy of those leaked screenshots. I was quite glad I got my 3DS XL early, because I got it around the same time I got my Black 2 and White 2 games.

Years
  • I got my 3DS XL back in April, which was preceded by my DSi XL that I got back in December of 2010 for Christmas. While I do think the upgrade was worth it, I also kinda wish I had waited before hand so that I could have owned one of the special X and Y 3DS XLs :<

Years
  • I AM SOOO GETTINGG HYPEED
    even though In my school
    I'm the only one who has a 3ds
    and I'm the only one who is going to play it in my school :/

atomtanned

Delinquent
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    The only thing I am not looking forward to is me and my sister having a legendary battle. She has Xerneas which has an advantage over Yveltal. Fairy is super-affective agents dark type pokemon and Fire and dark are not ferry affective agents Fairy types
    (I'm going to die agented my sister)

This is exactly what I am looking forward to -- battling my brother, since he'll have Yveltal! Muahahaha!

Years
  • This is exactly what I am looking forward to -- battling my brother, since he'll have Yveltal! Muahahaha!

Well, good for you. My brother won't even play these games considering he pretty much retired from Pokemon in favor Call of Duty and all those crazy FPS stuff. *shudders*

Poor Hikari will be forever alone because she's the only one in her family that plays Pokemon... yeah.

Years
  • Well, good for you. My brother won't even play these games considering he pretty much retired from Pokemon in favor Call of Duty and all those crazy FPS stuff. *shudders*

Poor Hikari will be forever alone because she's the only one in her family that plays Pokemon... yeah.

When I started playing pokemon I tried mak my brother into it to, somehow he also ended up playing shooting games.

Years
  • All of these good reviews coming in are getting me way hyped. Let me tell you this is going to be a long 8 days..

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Super Mario 3D World killed all my hype for X/Y. GoTY right there.

On one hand, I guess this means the week will go by faster now that I'm not too excited for it anymore, but then again waiting until November 22nd is gonna be a pain...although I suppose X/Y could be a time killer if I end up liking it as much as I want to.

EDIT: Also so far this is the only Pokemon game that is close to exceeding 90% on metacritic....heh.

Years
  • Honestly, if I was one of the ones who managed to obtain a leaked copy, then I would have just kept quiet about it haha..

But certainly the hype is increasing for sure in my soul :D

Years
  • Where you saw reviews? can you give the links?

You can go to metacritic(dot)com and search Pokemon X or Y. The site is basically a compilation of reviews, so you can look at the reviews individually.

Right now, it's averaged at 89 which is around what the normal Pokemon games would be this early on (usually settling in at 87). Glad to see it got some great reviews so far, but most of them criticize the 3D function, and rather only compliment the 3D-less 3D world (does that make sense?).

Oh, and IGN gave Black and White a 90 and B2/W2 a 96 so I don't think they are too harsh on us. I think it's game informer we have to be careful of..

Years
  • Honestly, if I was one of the ones who managed to obtain a leaked copy, then I would have just kept quiet about it haha..

But certainly the hype is increasing for sure in my soul :D

I was imagining the same thing, if I were like those Canadians who managed to get a copy early, I wouldn't be leaking screenshots out of respect for those who want to do a blind playthrough on the first run of the game.

But still, I don't mind seeing all the spoilers. Especially given it takes me months to even get the games anyway.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Ironically I came home from a holiday in Canada the day before it leaked.. ah well, I'd rather have the game on par with everyone else anyway, it's more fun that way!

Years
  • Ironically I came home from a holiday in Canada the day before it leaked.. ah well, I'd rather have the game on par with everyone else anyway, it's more fun that way!

I don't think the leaks have ruined my expectations, I'm not the kind who does blind playthroughs, given I've been following new generation/game news since Black and White. I usually like to take a peek at things because you never know, you may find a new favorite Pokemon among the new crew!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back