• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite anime series?

Favorite anime series?

• Total voters

Basculin

Dragonite Fan
Years
My favorite series was the Hoenn series. I absolutely loved May and Max & I'm excited to see the development with Bonnie and Clemont. I also loved the Pokemon and, I may be biased because the Hoenn generation was the first generation I played and watched. It also contains my 2 favorite movies - the Deoxys and Jirachi movies. I liked how May took a different route with contests and I loved Munchlax and such. I really hope we see them again! One of the biggest disappointments to me was how Max was unable to keep the Ralts he found. Ugh. :(

I'm really enjoyed XY, though. It's going to be completely different it looks like. I also love how Ash may have a love interest with Serena.

DahlilaWood

The loveable trainer
Years
I would have to say that Pokemon's original series was of course a favorite, but I also loved Johto, Johto Champions, Orange Islands and Advanced. The series' that came after advanced were by far some of the ones I disliked. However, I am incredibly impressed with how strong Pokemon X & Y the series has started off. The battles are looking really fun, and the characters have some potential. I love the fact that ash is wandering around with the Luminose gym leader for a companion and the little sister is pretty funny. I'm looking forward to Ash's second battle with the Luminose gym leader and how it turns out when Ash discovers that his companion is the leader.

I particularly like Serena too. I totally ship her and Ash. If there's anybody I think would be a good match for Ash, i think Serena is it. She's just displaying what feels like a crush all the time and I think that her character has potential to work with Ash's since they have history of being childhood friends. I never seen Misty as a potential girlfriend, nor dawn, and not really even May although I love May a lot. Iris is DEFINITELY not a pick for me. I wasn't fond of Iris's personality. I also like the fact that Ash appears much more mature and older. There are still childish feels and moments in the series but that's part of what made Pokemon so great. I just see some major potential from X & Y and I feel it'll be worth the watch till the end. I'm always anticipating episodes.

That's just my opinion on this subject. ^^

Years
Having watched these all within the last four years, I'd have to say DP is my favorite, especially due to the writing, but Advance gen did have some good writing as well, and Battle Frontier is something I've chosen to bundle in with it since it feels like the same adventure as the one in Hoenn.

Best Wishes gets a vote solely for the Meloetta arc, though.

XY would get a vote simply because of Episode 5, which features Viola and my favorite moment in the entire anime so far.

Lizardo

Public Enemy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Diamond & Pearl. I just love the way the series is written. It's got my favorite version of Satoshi and what I consider to be his best lineup of Pokemon and Hikari is my favorite of all the main girls Satoshi has traveled with. Shinji was an excellent rival and one of the best characters to come out of the whole anime franchise. Ginga-dan and Hunter J were great villains. It's also got my favorite side characters (Jun, Kouhei) and Gym Leaders (Natane, Sumomo, Maximum Mask, Melissa, Suzuna), as well as many of the best battles to come out of any of the Pocket Monsters shows. I could honestly write a book on everything I loved about DP.

I'm also currently enjoying XY so far, and there were quite a few things I liked about Advanced Generation, but DP stands far ahead of everything else.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
Of course I like the original best :3
But I also really loved the Advanced Generation. May is my favourite Pokemon character :) Plus, Hoenn is my favourite region and I love contests! What's not to like about that series? :D

Years
Orange, Johto, Hoenn, and BW. Hoenn especially because I couldn't resist May's awesomeness as a character and loved how much she developed by the end, plus the rivals (and Ash!) were really great.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
I voted for Original Series but only because XY and Origin Series weren't options... :D

Original series is the one I have watched the most of, my first episode was when Ash caught Krabby and they saw the huge Dragonite. I saw some Johto and Advanced (May and Contests were cool!) but didnt really get into it as I was older and liked more mature anime then. Plus I got into FPS games like Halo and stuff and didnt have time for it.

Origin Series was pretty cool, and was easy to watch as there are only 4 episodes. The final fight of the last episode in particular was pretty epic.

But I watched a few XY episodes last night during the stream by Sage Ghetsis/Necrum and, like the OP, was blown away at the quality of the writing and character moments, especially Ash, who actually seems to know how to battle now. Plus the new TR theme scene is totally awesome. It's already the best for me, although I have heard some nice things about the DP series. Would be nice to maybe watch some of those in future streams *nudges Necrum*.

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
Advance Generation. It was interesting to see May and Ash taking on different routes, and I like how the contests are set up. Many of the filler episodes were fun, especially the judging episode and the one with Huntail and Gorebyss. The characters were cool -- I like how May came from a Pokephobic girl to a confident coordinator, how Max was just there but was really entertaining despite his annoying smartass attitude, how the gym leaders were portrayed as well. I remember liking Roxanne and thinking "woah, she's cool. she should appear in more episodes." I just really really like this season. :)

D&P felt a bit like Hoenn, but has this "new region" vibe to it as well. I like the contest upgrade; how everyone was formal and all. I also like Dawn, Croagunk and the "Two Degrees of Separation" episode.

The Johto saga was also a favorite. (but i didnt choose it on the poll shame on me) Gotta Catch Ya Later made me cry more than the final episodes of Hoenn and Sinnoh. I think it's because Misty and Brock were with Ash for three regions and therefore closer to him than May and Dawn.

KurcioDurcio

Attempting something new
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2014
Advance Generations. Specifically battle frontier, mostly nostalgic tho.

Empoleon6667

Gengar Fanboy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 29, 2014
Original because it has island of the giant pokemon and tower of terror

Cilicica

Ghost Type Lover ~~
Years
I liked them all but Best Wishes/Decalore Islands was the worst imo. Cilan didn't bother me that much but I absolutely hated Iris. She was so annoying... >< Besides they always said "Best wishes!", pretty much in every episode.
There wasn't much to Iris and Cilan in the first place either, they didn't really develop that much. They tried with Iris but her episodes were really just fillers, her development didn't really flow throughout the anime, it was only showcased on episodes centered around her.
It was just overall boring. Which is a shame because I like the Unova pokemon a lot. :P

Back