• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Codin

I don't know about imagination, but it allows for voluntary exchange. Good enough for me.

Anyway, just got back from seeing Man Of Steel. Really wasn't as great as I thought it was going to be. The plot made little sense and was all over the place. The fights were great, though.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Because it's probably much easier for someone Chinese to immigrate to Canada because of immigration laws.
I heard as of like 2011 or 2012 Caucasian stopped being the majority in Toronto and the surrounding area. There are more Indian and Chinese now I believe haha :3

I didnt watch it but you make it sound like Livewire is just a fanboy that refuses to see anything bad in anything batman related like xbox fans do with the XboxOne.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Question, RL, hope you don't mind me prying, but if English wasn't your first language, what was?

My first language is Irish, laced with a little English but virtually none of it and definitely not enough to live in England on. I was actually born in Ireland in an area which, while it no longer had official status as one of the areas which spoke primarily Irish, the Gaeltachtaí, still had a good number of people speaking one of the two languages from an early age and learning the other as a second language later. Our family spoke primarily Irish, especially since originally my mum was from another area which spoke basically exclusively Irish, and as I moved to England at a fairly young age I ended up over here speaking... more or less not a single word of the language! Which was all very fun; you can imagine how my first day of school and whatnot went down when no-one spoke a word of my language and I didn't speak a word of theirs. d:

Livewire is just a fanboy that refuses to see anything bad in anything batman related like xbox fans do with the XboxOne.

Accurate. ;]

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Born in Mexico, but when my parents emigrated to the states when I was just 9 months old, they both taught me English so they could prepare me for school. It was probably for the better. My mom couldn't speak English at the time, so it was extremely difficult for me to communicate with her since I knew English and only English at the time. Until I was 10 or so years old (probably younger), I was finally taught Spanish. The advantage was that we lived in a Spanish-speaking city, and listening to Spanish-speaking music helped a ton.

droomph

weeb
Years
My first language is Irish, laced with a little English but virtually none of it and definitely not enough to live in England on. I was actually born in Ireland in an area which, while it no longer had official status as one of the areas which spoke primarily Irish, the Gaeltachtaí, still had a good number of people speaking one of the two languages from an early age and learning the other as a second language later. Our family spoke primarily Irish, especially since originally my mum was from another area which spoke basically exclusively Irish, and as I moved to England at a fairly young age I ended up over here speaking... more or less not a single word of the language! Which was all very fun; you can imagine how my first day of school and whatnot went down when no-one spoke a word of my language and I didn't speak a word of theirs. d:
How things like this goes down in America.

Immigrant aka Razor Leaf: "jeg er ien ärelender" (or however that goes)
Student A: "I-O DO-O NOT-O SPEAK-O SPANISH-O"
Student B: "Look at that dumbass!"
Parent A: "oh no! It's an immigrant! It's probably illegal!" <- notice my use of "it" rather than "he/she"
Parent B: "We need to deport it immediately before it gets to the jobs!"
Me: "Weren't you guys not already using-"
Parents A&B: "OH CRAP ANOTHER IMMIGRANT"
--RL and I get deported immediately--

Honest

Hi!
Years
Aw man, first day of school without being able to communicate? I'd probably have wet my pants before I made the teacher realize I wanted to use the bathroom. :I

Thinking back, I actually don't remember if I knew English in my first year of school. I'm petty sure I did, considering I'd hang around with a couple of the other kids, but I also knew Bengali off the top of my head. I have to ask my parents what happened.

And while I didn't see it, my friends said that MoS was indeed overhyped. I feel like they said that only cause we went ahead and saw the Purge instead. :O

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
In a way, I agree with the whole.. it's easier to learn if you're living there. You're exposed to it every day, so if you WANT to learn, you're thrown in the deep end right there and you can push yourself to use it to the fullest extent.

Years
Word! I am John. John I am. Would you like green eggs and ham?

poet I am not
inspired though I am, by
the three fingered one

^-- this one turned out pretty well imo.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
and for a moment
I don't really know what
is happening here

Honest

Hi!
Years
I dunno Kura, it was kinda repetitive. Kinda.

I literally just woke up, but I'm reallllly tired. Seems like the day couldn't get much slower lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back