• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Oh, I'm sure Asty's okay. It's just the time of year when she needs to take some of her meds and all. >.<

Which of the following would you include in your fic if you had to?
1) a vampire
2) a zombie
3) a teenage mutant ninja turtle
4) a fairy (one like Tinkerbell!)
5) a werewolf
6) a mary sue (the most intimidating of them all!)

Mary. Definitely Mary. I need to write an OT fic parody at some point- after all, I've got the guide up. >.<

But if I had to include one of the others? Werewolf. Lycanthrope. Loup-Garou. Bisclavart. I don't care what they're called, they're still my favorite creature of the night. *drinks fresh glass of blood and wipes mouth*

And since Astinus wants us to talk about smart person things...

What is the most intelligent thing you've ever put into your fics?

Me? A disclaimer. But what about you all?

DGexe

Taunter
Years

A disclaimer. Although... there was this one time were I wrote a story based off of an rp I was in once, and it was... pretty deep, according to one friend of mine. Deeper than what I usually write about. So... I guess that counts?

txteclipse

The Last
Years

Most intelligent, eh? Quite a bit of Mastermind. I'm trying to use a lot of science fact in it, even though it's science fiction. If you want to know that Titanium is one of the most corrosion resistant metals in existence, and that chrome is one of the hardest, and other such randomness, my fic is the way to go. XD

If you had to make a story happen in a historical era and a real place - better still if you've written a story like that - what would that place and that time be? It can also be fanfiction!

Whenever guns were coming into style, but a lot of people still used swords. So...1600-1700's?

DGexe

Taunter
Years
Oh, I have another "intellegent" thing-- I'm having to do a lot of research with Depth Perception, because I hardly know a thing about Catholicism, Rome, and the Vatican City. Research, research, research! It's worth it however. I'm getting ejumacated! *slapped*

If you had to make a story happen in a historical era and a real place - better still if you've written a story like that - what would that place and that time be? It can also be fanfiction!

My current fic takes place sometime during the 1990s, in Rome. An older original story of mine takes place in a post-apocalypic world where there was an end-of-the-world, only for it to rebuild, and almost end again! This time, that was in France.

However... I really wish I could and would write a story about WWII. That chunk of history has got to be my favorites to read about. As for a place... well, ah, probably France and/or Germany. I even have a former German colonel who I RP as*.

*And I'd like to point out that no, he's not a Nazi-- yes, yes, he was in the German army, but that doesn't exactly mean that he followed the Nazi party's ideals. Ayet?

Bay

Years
Perphaps a werewolf. I'm always intrigued by those mythical creatures, heh. I would also include a ghost in NE. Actually, I did include ghosts in there (sort of). XD

Spoiler:

And Astinus...well, we're just having a little fun, but I guess we're having a little too much fun...? :(

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Better still: in Vietnam, all the schools and offices are closed when it's as cold as 16 degrees Celsius (that'd be 60 degrees Fahrenheit). You see, it would be uncomfortable for people to go to work or school in such a cold weather. Here we think it's a nice, warm spring weather.
Oh my grups. That's scary. That's acouple-of-degrees-celsius-below-average winter day here! That's nuts. And Viet isn't THAT much closer to the equator...
But..... if.......... ew!

Get older, plz, at least get through puberty.
Go say that to icomeanon6 too. He's only 2 years older than me and a less minorly minor. :(

Phah, how does a single year make any difference? And if we presume that a year makes no difference, its influence is therefore 0. Dark Lakitu still has six years to reach the age of majority, so thats 0x6=0. Now I have officially proved that Dark Lakitu is fully eligible to join our orgy.
It's not even a year, just two months and a day! >:[ Anyway, icomeanon's only 14, so don't be all huffed up.

>_> I'll just wait for another couple o' months. Pish.
I skimmed these posts. But I'll try to be more active now.

No. Seriously. I skimmed all these posts. You people talk about the most stupidest crap. Don't you ever stop to think, before you press "Submit Reply", if anyone would ever actually care about what you type about?

Seriously, people. Shut up.
Astinus, is it that t- *shot multiple, multiple times and banned multiple, multiple times*
-ahem- We need a less tempramental mo- *shot more times*

Anyway, I don't think I need to add any vampires or crazy half-dead ghouls to the story, 'part from that Gastly you guys dunno about yet. Meh. I'm bored. :P

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
Years
The Mary-sue for sure. It would crack me up to write a character like that XD

I'm thinking the slight overtones in My Endless Loneliness that connected real life racism to the hate of a Pokemon species, the Absol.

I skimmed these posts. But I'll try to be more active now.

No. Seriously. I skimmed all these posts. You people talk about the most stupidest crap. Don't you ever stop to think, before you press "Submit Reply", if anyone would ever actually care about what you type about?

Seriously, people. Shut up.

And yes, this is my post telling you people that I'm not going to be posting much in the Lounge anymore.
What one person sees as "stupid crap" isn't going to be seen by everyone as "stupid crap". That is a matter of opinion. And, although I respect your opinion, I think telling everyone to "shut up" is going a little too far. We have been on topic, for the most part. We stick to writing stuff most of the time, and the tangents we go off on don't last for too long.

And to answer your question, no, I don't really stop to think about whether or not people will care about what I type. They keep replying, so it doesn't seem like they don't care. And I, for one, care about what other people here post.

I don't post this wanting you to get mad at me. I realize you probably had a bad day or... something. I'm honestly not sure what could put you in a bad enough mood to delete your avatar and sig. I just wanted to answer your question and point out a few things. If you hate me now, then I'm sorry. If you understand why I say this stuff, and don't hate me, then thank you.

That was probably the hardest thing I've ever typed =\

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
Thanks to some online detective work (well, more like a lucky coincidence), I think I know why she's so pissed. And if I'm right, she has every right to be. That didn't make it fair to write a post like that, but I can still see why she did it... If I'm right, this has nothing to do with us, so it's all right. (Is it?)

Edit: How nice of you to not post while I was gone, now I can simply edit this post and add in everything I wanted to add but couldn't because I had no time to do so.

The most intelligent thing in all the stories I've ever written would be my favourite character, Neton :laugh: because he's so darn intelligent!

Seriously, I like adding a tad of philosophy into my stories. If not in the narration, then in the dialogue. I don't know if that always counts as intelligent, though, because they're not always major life-or-death questions. I just like to promote the positive outlook on life with anything I write.

The there's my historical novel I'm currently working on. It's not fanfiction and it's in Finnish, so you'll probably never see it. Thus, I'm going to shut up (much like Astinus wanted) - for now.

And to answer your question, no, I don't really stop to think about whether or not people will care about what I type. They keep replying, so it doesn't seem like they don't care. And I, for one, care about what other people here post.

I agree with you, buddy (lol). Although I'm not really sure whether everyone reads the nonsense I post every day, I keep posting it because some people clearly do read it. And although I don't know if they like reading it, I still post it, because they can just... not-read it if they want. I read everything you people post (okay, I gotta admit I didn't read that super-long post Shrike posted the other day all the way trough. It was just too long. Scary long, really. I read some of it, though!) because I, for second (because POB was the one, I'm the second), do care. Besides, this wouldn't be much of a conversation if I didn't read what you said before I post :laugh: In that case, I might as well post in Finnish and get all my posts deleted.

That was probably the hardest thing I've ever typed =\

I understand why... First of all, it's so much harder to say something when you're serious and really, really don't want to be misunderstood. It's hard... I know what I'm talking about, because I met my boyfriend trough internet! Seriously! He lived in another town at first, but now he lives in the same city as I do. It was really hard to tell about one's feeligs trough some stupid Skype or some other program. This has really nothing to do with the subject at hand, I'm just starting to carried away here...

Anyway. I'm pretty sure there are several spelling mistakes here - even though I tried to proofread - because I typed so damn fast. But, if you can still understand the words, I guess no harm done...

Double edit: Aren't you awfully quiet today.

Last edited:

DGexe

Taunter
Years
Double edit: Aren't you awfully quiet today.

Yes, yes I am. *shot; twiddles thumbs*

With risk of offending someone, somehow... I'm staying away from the "do we post stupid stuff" topic, because... I have nothing intellegent to add to the conversation, and POB kind of summed up what I would say anyway.

Ahem, instead, I think I have a question.

Does this sound logcial?

Poké Balls, perhaps with the acception of the ones Kurt creates in his shop in Azelea Town, possess a fairly strong alloy of various metals that is painted/dyed in specific colors. This alloy (which I'll think of ... soon) is strong enough to withstand some forms of physical battery and abuse, but is made so as not to break too easily and not to be too heavy to the holder either. Excluding the breaking of Poké Balls in the anime (seeing as I haven't watched the anime in years and typically do not go by that canon when I write), does this sound even remotely logical?

I ask that because at some point in my fic, I want one of the Poké Balls a character has to be shot with a bullet like a set of pool balls; bullet as the cueball, Poké Ball as... the other ball. It wouldn't be a direct hit, but I don't neccessarily want the 'ball to shatter on impact with the bullet.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
I'm not going to ask why you think Astinus is so pissed, An-chan, but everyone please remember that Astinus has been more than a little snarky and on-the-edge since her name change, and she really means less than half of the insulting things she says. The only difference, really, is that now she's much more ambiguous with her insults thus leading people to wonder "is she serious"?

And now....

>.>
<.<

Stupid time.

Dumbest thing you've ever put in your fics. And I mean THE dumbest. Don't be shy here.

No lie?

A talking Chikorita who was obsessed with the cult film "Little Shop of Horrors", and the cult stage show and video musical of the same name. DON'T. YOU. DARE. ASK.

...Well, then again, one of the origin stories I wrote for one of my characters might be dumber... but it was never actually posted and therefore I negate it. XD

Blue Screen of Death

Wait, what?
Years
A teenage mutant ninja turtle. Ninja turtles and pokemon, that would be EPIC!

Dumbest thing you've ever put in your fics. And I mean THE dumbest. Don't be shy here.

In my very first fic, even though it had nothing to do with them, I put Ash and Misty in Jubilife city, kissing. The main characters were kids, so they thought it was gross. But yeah, needless kissing from pointless characters...

Post Office Buddy

Years
I had my main character catch an Entei in Viridian City in the first fic I ever wrote. (Trust me, you don't want to read it. IT'S HORRIBLE!!!!!) Let's just say it was an extremely generic OT fic with few plot twists, a majority of which involved catching legendaries with only low level starters in the trainer's team.

DGexe

Taunter
Years

Let us see here... *puts on a time-machine cap leading to her preteen years*

I had an almost-typical OT fic where this kid gets some new lion-looking electric starter (called a "Leon", if I remember correctly), meets up with Lance's niece, and the pair are saved from a pair of Team Rocket grunts named Seth and Fera by Lance himself... all in the first two chapters.

*cringes* Ow. That hurt to remenice about.

An-chan

Whoops.
Years

Umm, well, I had my chracters get "Pokémon genes" injected into them to turn them into pokémorphs... But that fic's a parody, so I guess it doesn't count. It really pained me to write that stuff, though. I've always hated it when someone "drinks genes" and is thus instantly trasformed into some weird hybrid creature.

Aside fom parodies, I think the stupidest thing I've written in a fic is either the fact that the evil guy is the head of a huge corporation *cough* or then the fact that my protagonist was, when thought to be dangerous by the said corporation, locked in a simple closet. No, seriously. She was locked into a closet. And it was one that had an easily breakable door. I think a door like that would be labeled "not for children under 3 years of age - easily broken and lethal in the case of breakage" or something. Seriously, that scene was LAME.

I slept four or three hours last night (I think that insomnia of yours is contageous, POB...), so today is bound to be... "creative", so to say. Just too bad I had an English test today. I hope it went well despite my lack of sleep and concentration. I also got that dreaded porfolio of mine back... And our teacher proved her geniousity yet again.

The last assignment was to tell what you thought of the other assingments. I wrote something like "these were fairly easy for me because I read and write a lot in English". What had my teacher written as feedback for me? "You clearly read and write a lot and it shows in your writing". Well, ain't you a Sherlock... Either she didn't read what I wrote or she just didn't think very much. Gosh, I'm feeling like ranting, so I better cut this post off right now.

Post Office Buddy

Years
I think that insomnia of yours is contageous, POB...
Tell me about it. It's 4:30 AM where I'm at and I'm still chugging away. I even wrote about ten pages between two of my fictions tonight and still haven't succumbed to sleep. I really don't know what's wrong with me =\

I've always hated it when someone "drinks genes" and is thus instantly trasformed into some weird hybrid creature.
I've hated that idea as well. I've been toying around with a Pokemorph idea for a while, but mine is a little different than most I have seen. I can't reveal how exactly my idea works right now in case I decide to use it, soooo I'm going to remain vague on it until then.

And I think we all have experience with that evil-boss-runs-corporation idea. I know I do...

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
Yeah, I fell asleep around 5AM last night (it's 11.47 AM here right now) and had to wake up at eight. Well, I thought it's not that bad, I can always go back to sleep once I get home from my test. Now then, do I look like I'm asleep? I've never been able to take naps, so today I'm not going to be online when the rest of the world is. Yay. Life just rocks. I don't even know why I couldn't sleep last night! Can a disease be passed over trough internet? Maybe it's a cancer of some sort...

I've hated that idea as well. I've been toying around with a Pokemorph idea for a while, but mine is a little different than most I have seen. I can't reveal how exactly my idea works right now in case I decide to use it, soooo I'm going to remain vague on it until then.

I should imagine Pokemorphs can be made with gene manipulation before the thing is born, but afterwards? Oh, come on! That's part of the reason why I utterly loathe some movies. You drink a liquid that has spider genes in it and what do you know, you instantly grow six additional legs! The gene thing is too commonly misunderstood. There was a Finnish priest who talked about genes in his sermon: "It's very hard to decide what to eat nowadays. You have worry about stuff like whether there are genes in your food" and blah blah. We're such a non-ignorant and un-oblivious nation!

Oh, and our cats seem to be some sort of technigal geniuses. It seems like they're just running around and destroying everything, but in reality they're trying to do stuff like make my browser be in full screen mode and put on the TV and so on. They're clever critters, really...

Okay, so as not to be out of topic, I'm going to do something writing related.

What is the longest time you've written without doing anything in between? (Going to bathroom, drinking something and eating doesn't count unless you do it for hours.) What about reading?

Post Office Buddy

Years
What is the longest time you've written without doing anything in between? (Going to bathroom, drinking something and eating doesn't count unless you do it for hours.) What about reading?
For the writing thing, I would have to say six hours (I know, holy crap right?) That was in the spring when I started The Fall of Light and was struggling with a particularly difficult chapter. I was so afraid of leaving my computer to do anything else that when I felt like I had to use the bathroom, I refused to go until my bladder was about to explode. Hence why only six hours.

For reading, I went an entire night (probably eight or nine hours) without doing anything else. That was when I was obsessed with the Harry Potter series and the (fifth?) book had come out. I was soooo determined to finish it before sunrise that I forced my body to only read, do nothing else.

An-chan

Whoops.
Years

Gee, uh, I don't really know. I think it has to be something like 5-7 hours a day for several weeks. I was pretty obsessed with writing my novel a year back. Later on I had to discontinue writing and read what I already had written because the plot was becoming rather inconsistent.

For reading, I went an entire night (probably eight or nine hours) without doing anything else. That was when I was obsessed with the Harry Potter series and the (fifth?) book had come out. I was soooo determined to finish it before sunrise that I forced my body to only read, do nothing else.

Oh, yeah. I read the fifth and the sixth Potter books both in one piece (separately of course). I started in the morning and finished at night. I believe it took me about 15 hours to read one book. I also once spent a weekend doing nothing but reading The Lord of the Rings. I started in the morning, read for about 16-17 hours and then went to sleep. Of course I had to eat and go to bathroom, but why would that stop me from reading..? After reading those books, I felt pretty weird for a couple of days. Also, you get a headache from reading so much in so little time. But, yeah, thanks to those books I'm a relatively fast reader. Yay for me.

Shrike Flamestar

The Invisible!
Years
'Sup, folks? I've been extremely busy lately, not due to school work but rather due to working on my computer. Last Friday I came home for break and instantly slapped my new hard drive in my lappy, and so ever since then I've been working on getting the kinks out of Ubuntu (aka, Linux) which I've decided to switch to for my main OS. I'm running a dual boot setup with Windows still, but mostly for games and such which don't really work on Linux. This has led to quite a few things I've had to overcome, such as getting my mouse's side buttons to work as I want. I've also found myself needing to adapt to new programs, such as OpenOffice instead of Microsoft Office (I tried using Office in Crossover, but it was too slow...), Rhythmbox instead of Winamp (which I'm actually liking; I hadn't really given the iTunes style library system a try before but it is pretty nice), Deluge (and at first Transmission) instead of uTorrent... I have retained Alt.Binz run through Wine though, since I can't for the life of me find a binary Usenet reader as good as Alt.Binz. Fortunately, it runs well through Wine.

With the deadline for the Serebii Sci-Fi fanfic contest bearing down I've also started to feel some pressure there, mostly due to how much I've slacked off in terms of actually writing my entry. In order to give OpenOffice 3 (which I managed to update to after much struggle... Stupid Ubuntu for not having it in the official repositories) a try, I pulled myself together to work on it some today after a spree of virtual computer hacking in Uplink (the only game I have which has a native Linux version) and getting a game over once (I still don't know how I was caught... I swear I deleted my logs... I was just trying to do too much at once that I guess I slipped up somewhere...).

Well, it's kind of hard for me to remember specific details of my old, worst fics now, but from what I can recall the overall worst thing which I did for several years and fics in a row was pretty much directly insert me and my friends (and sister) into the fics, complete with unchanged names. The hero was always called Mike and acted like me, there was always a pair of ninja-like girls called Ally (my sister) and Ky (her friend, and as I felt I had to make clear in the middle of every single story back then, is pronounced Kay). Mike always had a friend named Zack...hey, wait, I still do that. That's intentional, though. Zack is like my Cid, with me always having some guy named Zack in every thing I write as a sort of inside joke that only I get.

Beyond that there's really only the standard cliched stuff, but one thing notable is that I never have fallen into the whole giving the main character an extremely rare Pokémon as a starter. In fact, another thing I've kept consistent through all my stories is that the main character always has a Cyndaquil (or Typhlosion—well, technically a Quilava when they first met—in TRINITY) as their starter. It's likely that if I were to write another story with no link to TFC except for maybe being in the same universe that I'd use a different starter, but for now...

Well actually, there is an exception to that. In my stories that I shall not speak of nor post here and which are definitely not porn (and I'm ****ing serious about that!), the starter is always a Mightyena. Odd, that. I think it's because I'm mostly copying inspired by another fic I read.

@Evil guy as head of corporation thing: Eh, I think that depending on how you do it, it may or may not be bad. If you look at it solely from the angle of it being cliché, that's being a little close-minded (as I tend to think about most clichés and how people avoid them like the plague when if done right they can still be good). Look at Giovanni, he's the head of a corporation (Team Rocket) yet he's still cool because he actually reasonably acts like some big hotshot. He's not coming out to pester you at every turn personally or anything, and it's only after you've pretty much foiled every single one of his plans does he finally take you on personally. And then after you defeat him he stays defeated, like any good villain should.

If someone writes the villainous corporation head as stalking the hero(s) and battling them at every turn using Pokémon of equally-matched level and continuously returning while seemingly doing nothing actually corporation head related, than that's pretty bad. But if they actually act like a CEO or something, I don't see any problems there. In fact, the villain of TRINITY is also the head of a corporation and I'm not afraid to admit that, the reason being that he actually acts like one. He never confronts the heroes directly, instead staying in the back and just controlling everything.

Post Office Buddy said:
Is it like a crossover between Pokémon and Animorphs or something, with the humans being able to morph into different Pokémon and all through some method? :D A fanfic like that was what got me into writing fanfics way back then, but of course it completely sucked and all that I wrote about it sucked too. I really think the idea could work, though, hence why I've given some thought into how I could remove the suck from it...Step one, for the love of god remove the Yeerk ripoff Caterpie/Weedle hybrid mutant thingy. Good God, that was a terrible idea in the original fic I read (although of course I didn't see it back then). Replace them with a psychoactive drug that allows the subject to be easily persuaded to do stuff. Step two, remove the whole thing with infected Pokémon being the villains. With the Yeerk ripoffs, that worked, but with this new drug it wouldn't. There'd need to be some human group behind the drug and the whole taking over the world business. Step three, remove the whole taking over the world business. God, I write about that too much. Step four, use some kind of anti-Mew toxin or something as they were way too overpopulated in the original. I understand that their tails render them as the most likely Andalite analog, but...no. Just no. I am not going to have a bunch of cute, pink, fetus cats fighting against the whole taking over the world business whatever they're trying to do. Step five, change how morphing works. Period. The idea isn't to write a complete ripoff of Animorphs, so the "Ditto Device" has got to go. Oh wow, it being a sphere makes it so much different...yeah. Drug maybe? But wait, that's like the same thing you all were complaining about... The only way I'd see it working is if the drug injected them with some sort of retrovirus that...oh hey, that's a neat idea. Their morphing powers come from different drugs they have that they need to inject themselves with. The drugs contain a retrovirus that rewrites their DNA VERY VERY VERY fast, morphing them into a Pokémon. To get back they have to inject themselves again, which...would be difficult with some Pokémon.

So, in short, that story needs a lot of work and I now think I am an inner druggie. Yep.

Oh, and the drug injections would so look like in Bioshock when you inject plasmids, complete with the spazing out and falling off railings.

DGexe said:
I ask that because at some point in my fic, I want one of the Poké Balls a character has to be shot with a bullet like a set of pool balls; bullet as the cueball, Poké Ball as... the other ball. It wouldn't be a direct hit, but I don't neccessarily want the 'ball to shatter on impact with the bullet.
That sounds so badass, I can just visualize it. Some guy walks into a bar, only to find that the pool table lacks any balls. Or cues. So he says, with a drunken slur, "Balls? Ye don't have balls? Well I have yer balls, right here!" And he throws some Poké Balls he mugged off some random kid onto the table, and they just happen to fall into a perfect triangle. He then pulls out a pistol—no wait, a revolver, as they're just so much more badass, and goes "And this...this is my cue!" And he shoots the Poké Balls which miraculously all ricochet into the holes at once in an ultimate display of badassery.

Oh yes, I so should steal that idea...

Oh, right, your question: yes, it sounds awesome. DO IT.

And that's it as I'm too lazy to go any further back. Yep.

AND I KNOW I'VE BEEN NINJA'D BEFORE I EVEN POST, AND I DON'T CARE, SO THERE! You can take your question and suck it!

/me skips off into the distance

Blue Screen of Death

Wait, what?
Years
I used to be able to write for 4 hours a day. Then I kinda burnt myself out. I could actually write a LOT of things in those four hours, but that id another story.

As for reading, I have a record of 22 and a half hours, trying to reach a full twenty-four hours. That was when I started reading the fourth Harry potter book, even though I actually ended reading Enders game. Longest time I spent on one book was about four to five hours, I'm not sure, on a book called Redwall. Just to let all you peoples know, Redwall is to me what Ender's game is to Astinus. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back