• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Extreme Speed Open Tournament - Rules and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
Years
The Extreme Speed Open

SIGN-UPS OPEN, COME JOIN ESO#5!

If you're tired of the same old tournament with the same old brackets, the ESO can offer you something different. We're offering battlers the freedom to battle whoever they wish in whatever style they wish. Instead of one opponent per round and possible weeks of waiting, you might be having a double battle one moment and an intense Uber match the next against a totally different opponent! And best of all, a loss is not the end of your tournament life. With multiple matches per round and chances to get back into the action after being knocked out, this is truly unlike any other tournament you've ever seen! Read on for more information:

Past Champions
October 2008: The Graceful Assassin

Runner-Up: Mystery2009; 3rd: Aurafire; 4th: World King

January 2009: aragornbird
Runner-Up: Mukkamoto*; 3rd: _Prince_; 4th: Matt-O
*Mukkamoto lost in the Semi-Finals, but _Prince_ was too busy to compete.

May 2009: Junoliv
Runner-Up: Xairmo; 3rd: richdevildog559; 4th: World King/Denzer

November 2009: Mukkamoto
Runner-Up: RosaSunglasses; 3rd: Denzer/Umbreon★

Supporter Banners:
(Make sure you quote this post and copy down the entire banner script. Each new banner starts and ends with the URL tags)

Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the grand unveiling of The Extreme Speed Open Tournament! I'm here to present a new type of tournament system to everyone and we hope to make this tournament a great success so don't be discouraged by all that follows ;)

First off, I'll lay down the rules. Make sure to read the first three posts of this thread for everything you need to know. I know it's a lot to taken in but make sure you read ALL THE RULES FROM THE FIRST THREE POSTS. We're adopting the majority of the main rules from the PC Tournament thread so all credit goes to Alakazam17/Smogon for these:

Clauses in Effect
Sleep Clause
OHKO Clause
Self-KO Clause
Species Clause
Hax Items Clause
Evasion/Accuracy Clause

All clauses are listed in detail around PC, in the other tourney threads, etc. but we're happy to answer any questions about the above.

The tournament will be held over wifi battles only: no Shoddy or Battle Revolution battles.

In the Extreme Speed Open Tournament, anyone is eligible to enter. Every battler in the tournament will start their quest to become champion with 3 BP (Battle Points). These BP will be used to wager during any match you choose to have over the course of Round One. For example, if fighter A and B choose to battle and agree on a wager of 2 BP, the winner goes home with 4 while the loser is now down to 1 (or however many he started with, you get the idea.)

All fights may be agreed on in any tier of the battlers choice:
~Standard OU Battle
~ UU Battle
~ Uber Battle
~ Little Cup Battle
etc.
Make sure both you and your opponent agree on what tier you're fighting in so there is no confusion! All fights may be held in singles or doubles, that's up to the discretion of the fighters. If you can't decide, whoever initiated the "hey, want to battle?" I'd say has the first call on what the match should be. Gotta give those doubles experts at shot at glory :D

All of the following legendary Pokemon are banned, due to their Uber tier (this of course means in a Standard OU match they're banned. If you choose an uber battle, you may use them obviously):
Arceus, Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Rayquaza, Kyogre, Groudon, Manaphy, Darkrai, Deoxys all forms, Dialga, Palkia, Garchomp, Giratina, Latios, Wobbuffet.

In order to reach Round Two of Extreme Speed, you have to obtain 8 BP. After you obtain at least 8, post here saying so and you'll be put on the Round Two list. For the most part, we'd like the winners to report the match results and losers may confirm if they wish (or question an issue they had in the match).

The First Round of the tournament will last 5 Weeks (should we need it) after a 2-3 week sign-up period. This will allow enough time for everyone to have an equal chance of getting to 8 BP. Spots in round two, however, are limited. That's obviously the point of having rounds ;). The number of open positions will be based on how many total members we get to enter the tournament. If 60 people enter, we'll have around 25 slots in round two to fight for. We're shooting for a lot of competition so get every battler you know to join (and make sure you are an active forum user! There's no point in joining if you can't be on to check threads and what not.)

If we reach our second round quota before the 5 weeks of battling is up, we'll start right away. After all, this is Extreme Speed ;)

For Round One, everyone is able to only wager 1 BP if they wish, but if you want to get to the Second Round fast enough, you're going to have to take a few risks. If you lose all your BP you have been knocked out of the tournament. There is, however, a catch!

Extreme Speed offers you the option of getting back into round one even if you've been knocked out. Every tournament is guaranteed no-shows and drop outs. After week one of the tournament, all the BP collected from these members who didn't show up or have said they have other priorities and can't participate will be dished into what's known as the Point Pool. Here are the options regarding the Pool that losers are allowed to go for:

1) Two losers who have been legit knocked out of the tournament (NOT kicked by officials: those fighters can't rejoin no matter what) can have what's known as a Lucky Loser Match. This match will be played for 2 BP and re-entry to the first round. The loser of this Lucky match cannot try again and must wait until the next tournament begins. The winner, if knocked out a second time also is not allowed to try again.

2) We are gladly accepting prize donations. If any member, knocked out or not, would like to contribute a prize to the tournament for it's champions, they will be awarded an extra 2 BP to aid them in the first round. If a knocked-out loser donates a prize, they are re-entered. Same rule applies though: lose again, you aren't allowed back in. So if you've got an awesome shiny or good natured legendary laying around and want that extra 2 BP, you are permitted one donation so go for it! :)

No fighter is allowed to use both the Lucky battle and the Prize donation as re-entry. You only get one re-entry shot!

There will be a "check-in" policy in effect for all battlers. Each member of the tournament must provide some type of battle result or post in the thread to announce that they are still alive in the tournament. All results MUST be reported on the results thread and the tournament coordinators will record them in our own tables.

If a week goes by without notice from a fighter, they will be eliminated automatically, stripped of their BP and are not allowed to rejoin until the next tourney begins.

OK, folks, that concludes the lengthy introduction and rules. Please feel free to sign-up and we can get this thing rolling! :D We're going to have three weeks of sign-ups to prepare, so on Monday, March 9th the tournament will commence and battles will begin. Plenty of time to tell your friends and get those teams ready! Feel free to ask any questions in this thread, sign-up, and don't forget to read the following two posts as well for extra information. Thanks!

Extreme Speed Open Coordinators
Head Coordinator-VOLKNER'S APPRENTICE
Head Coordinator-AURAFIRE
Prize Coordinator-WORLD KING

**Credit to Regina George for the approval of this tournament**

Last edited:

POKEMASTERALEX

Pokemon Master.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 12, 2019
Alright guys! When you are booted out of the tourney due to loses, you have the option to donate a prize! With this donation you will get two BP's to get you back in the game!

Alex's Tip: Donate a prize while you're in the tournament NOT when you get booted. If you lose all your Battle Points you can get back in using one of two methods. You can battle another kid with zero BP's or you can donate a prize. HOWEVER you can't do both once you're kicked. So if you donate a prize you get a cool +2 BP. Then if you lose you can still battle to get back in. This way you can use both Re-entry methods with no penalty!​

Prizes we're looking for:
Events
Iv Bred Pokemon
Normal Shinies: (2 normal shinies for +2 BP)
Shinies with beneficial natures
Ev Trained Pokemon

That's about it but we're flexible. Just send me a PM entitled Prize and tell me what you want to donate.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
Extreme Speed Open Standings:

Round One Standings
(sign ups open for the remainder of round one)

Round Two Qualifiers:
thomascallaghan - 8 (4-1)
Arcanist - 8 (6-4)

Ooka - 8 (6-3)

_Prince_ - 7 (4-0)
World King - 6 (4-2)
vidgamer4 - 5 (2-3)
Denzer - 4 (3-2)
Mukkamoto - 3
Wolf. - 3
richdevildog559 - 3
Death & Strawberry - 3
ultimate raza - 3
joangaes - 3
Don'tRunWithScizor! - 3
teflonMC - 3
stavross - 2 (4-4)
Penguin95 - 2 (0-1)
Syndrome - 2 (0-1)
Valen - 2 (0-1)
cartercr - 1 (0-1)
LanceTheDark - 1 (2-3)
ponytail - 1 (0-1)
sonic smash down - 0 (0-3) (eligible for LL match)
SacredMiKeY - 0 (1-3) (eligible for LL match)
SVC058 - 0 (3-4) (eligible for LL match)
xMiZx - 0 (0-2) (eligible for LL match)
Evildarkkai - 0 (0-1)

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Sign me up Ryan! :D

I skimmed over the rules, but I'm a little tired. I'll reread them later, but it looks like you have quite an idea on your hands. ^^

Ryan24 said:
all credit goes to Alakazam17/Smogon for these:
Cool, I'm synnonymous with Smogon! :D

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
Years
Thanks for joining, guys! Make sure to spread the word, we want to get as many fighters as possible from newcomers to experts! Anyone has a chance in this tournament.

Keep in mind folks, when you join and round one starts you can battle anyone! There will not be brackets, it's an Open tournament. That's how easy it is to build up your BP.

Don't be worried if you don't know what you're getting into, any questions you have or comments will be answered by our officials. It's only going to be awesome if we get tons of entrants!

Years
  • Age 14
  • Seen Jul 6, 2011
Sign me up for this awesome idea for a tournament. ^^

Last edited:

POKEMASTERALEX

Pokemon Master.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 12, 2019
Alright guys great!! We still need more competitors!

Oh and Ryan I love what you've done with my sig

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
I pretty much read everything, but I may have missed it. Any specifics on whether this is Shoddy of Wi-fi connection?

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
Years
It's wifi. I'll specify that-I'm not a big fan of shoddy (or how long it takes to download..). Since there's way more places people can be with wifi where as they need to be at computers to shoddy, it'll be easier for everyone to get as many battles in to get 10 BP as possible if it's wifi.

Buuuuuuuuuut, I suppose depending on the outcome of members joining, we might allow some to take place over shoddy if anyone really wants to. We'll discuss it ;)

edallnite

true pokemon beast.
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2008
so do we report each win/loss asap? or jsut let u kno wen we hav the ammount we need?

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
Years
We'll have this as the sign-up/results thread, so whenever you finish a match, report here. The coordinators are going to take care of keeping track of everyones points, you don't have to. That way we'll know who the first (enter number allowed into round two here) battlers are.

POKEMASTERALEX

Pokemon Master.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 12, 2019
yeah report your win/loss and how many pts were wagered.

Remember guys be smart with your BP's. But not so conservative that you only wager 1 bp per battle. Also I will start accepting prizes once the tourney starts. I'll explain on my post

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
I pretty much read everything, but I may have missed it. Any specifics on whether this is Shoddy of Wi-fi connection?

BeachBoy did you want to be entered in the tournament or did you just need that rule clarification?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back