• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ Toxic to the Touch ★ Poison Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Thanks! There seems to be a lack of poison types in XY. :/
The only new posion types that we have is skrelp and its evolution dragalge.

Nakala Pri

I agree, it's a travesty! Poison types have been in the dark for years! We need more or we won't have anything to talk about. xD

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I agree, it's a travesty! Poison types have been in the dark for years! We need more or we won't have anything to talk about. xD

Yeah, poison types get the boot and Fairy types receive the spotlight! I like fairies, but there should have been more diversity imo.

Nakala Pri

Yeah! >:C Even Bug type Pokemon are more popular at this point. It's insane! We should file a complaint and sue GameFreak! xD

Just kidding, but it's extremely annoying. :C

Fairy Types are cute and all, but they're not tough enough for the celebrity life. xD

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I'll join this club, because Poison types is one of the interesting types. I'll choose these 2 as my Pokémon:
169.gif
453.gif

I must say that one of my fave Poison-type Pokémon is Crobat. I like how it excels in battle that it became one of my ace in my Pokémon journey in Diamond and Black 2.

Nakala Pri

Okay, Crobat and Croagunk. :P

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Yeah! >:C Even Bug type Pokemon are more popular at this point. It's insane! We should file a complaint and sue GameFreak! xD

Just kidding, but it's extremely annoying. :C

Fairy Types are cute and all, but they're not tough enough for the celebrity life. xD

Lol we could try to sue but it probably wouldn't work. xp

Gen 1 probably had the strongest, but Gen 4 has some one my favortie like toxicroak and crobat. :p

I'll join this club, because Poison types is one of the interesting types. I'll choose these 2 as my Pokémon:
169.gif
453.gif

I must say that one of my fave Poison-type Pokémon is Crobat. I like how it excels in battle that it became one of my ace in my Pokémon journey in Diamond and Black 2.

Yay, my buddy joined. Welcome! :]

Years
I've been hoping to get a shiny Skrelp in my X version since its line is one of my favorite poison types but the little guy isn't catchable in X. :( So I have to rely on my boyfriend to try and get me one which might not be for ages and ages since he hasn't played recently, haha.

Has anyone managed to get a shiny poison type Pokemon before, on that note?

Nakala Pri

I once caught a shiny Zubat. ^^ But aside from that, nope. :C They are really hard to catch, so I just don't try and catch 'em then I find one, haha. I think I found a shiny... what was it...? Oh yeah, Abra, but I couldn't tell the difference back then, since I was like, seven, so I just ran away and continued my business, haha. xD

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
I've been hoping to get a shiny Skrelp in my X version since its line is one of my favorite poison types but the little guy isn't catchable in X. :( So I have to rely on my boyfriend to try and get me one which might not be for ages and ages since he hasn't played recently, haha.

Shiny Poison, koffi~

Why yes, I have. Shiny Zubats in every Generation except 5. A shiny Swallot, a shiny Skrelp and something else at one point in time I forgot, I'd have to look at them. Oh yeah, Nidoran(m).

Hey, if I can find another shiny Skrelp, what do you think would be a fair trade? Another shiny perhaps? I bumped into a shiny Illumise and haven't done anything with it at all (not saying that I'd prefer something that I won't use from a trade) It was one of those "dang" moments for me. Hm. . . an idea: borrow your boyfriend's game, and fish for one! He shouldn't be too stingy since you did all the work and all. That might be easier than relying on someone like me, who's trying to breed a shiny Rhyhorn just for kicks.

Poison news: evolved Trubbish, Venipede all the way to Scolipede and leveled up my shiny Skrelp a bit. I will have my Dregalge. Think I'll name her 'Deadline' what 'ya think? Can hardly wait for the Bank to boot up, koff~

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years

Says you, doesn't stop me much.

Heh, if you only knew.

Anyway, how'd you change your name? Because I'm pretty sure PC had a big old post saying why they couldn't do it. Nevermind, found it. Now this post is less on topic than usual. So... uhh, I went to the Nintendo Store again. Still lame, but now it's 80-85% Mario, Pokemon is literally a corner now. Didn't check for poison anything, I was hoping for a Spritzee plushie. Alas, it's way too soon for that, as even the Japanese Pokemon Centers are scarce on X/Y goodies.

Last edited:

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I won for the first time on Pokemon Showdown using a Poison team. It consisted of Muk, Arbok, Seviper (a replacement since they didn't let me use Weezing), Nidoking, Nidoqueen and Dragalge. Arbok easily took out 4 of the 6 opposing Pokemon, including the Goodra my opponent only had left. We were tied with one Pokemon left on each side and Arbok made almost quick work of Goodra.

CoffeeDrink

Years
Rozu, koff~

Er, Tiara. What's your friend code, and were you successful in returning your game for a new one? Boot that sucker up and I'll give you a Skrelp, Trubbish, or any other Poison Type I can lay my hands on, koffi~

Edit: oh, oh, oh! Just thought of a trainer type! How about a Trainer type that uses only the most foul of Poison types and wears a gas mask? That'd be cool, huh? Or not, and just bring back the bikers.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023

My friend had given me a shiny Toxicroak in Platinum once, but I accidently erased it while deleting the save file. xD" I should have given it back to her. It had a good nature, too—Adamant. Adamant is perfect for a Pokémon like Toxicroak, since it has access to a variety of physical-based attacks in its movepool. Aside from that, I also had the chance to run into a shiny Zubat in FireRed. Didn't capture it, though, as I ran away from it thinking that it was just a regular Zubat.

Nakala Pri

Heh, if you only knew.

Anyway, how'd you change your name? Because I'm pretty sure PC had a big old post saying why they couldn't do it. Nevermind, found it. Now this post is less on topic than usual. So... uhh, I went to the Nintendo Store again. Still lame, but now it's 80-85% Mario, Pokemon is literally a corner now. Didn't check for poison anything, I was hoping for a Spritzee plushie. Alas, it's way too soon for that, as even the Japanese Pokemon Centers are scarce on X/Y goodies.

Knew it! The Mario Brothers are used to jumping on alllll of the other franchises heads and keeping them under the water... well, the tide will change, Bro's, so watch out because Ima gonna summon mah Goomba friends and MASH 'EM UP!! >:D

I feel DI-ZZY-Y! :O

Rozu, koff~

Er, Tiara. What's your friend code, and were you successful in returning your game for a new one? Boot that sucker up and I'll give you a Skrelp, Trubbish, or any other Poison Type I can lay my hands on, koffi~

Edit: oh, oh, oh! Just thought of a trainer type! How about a Trainer type that uses only the most foul of Poison types and wears a gas mask? That'd be cool, huh? Or not, and just bring back the bikers.

Oh, sorry! Haven't got internet and haven't had the chance to trade it in yet. It's a big trip since the game store my mom bought it from is in the city. D: But thanks, tho. :3

O.M.G... sounds hella epic!! :O We have to make on A.S.A.FREAKEN.P. :D

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
I'd like to join! My favorite Poison-type is Nidoking.
034.png
I love it's movepool and it has always been a great member of many FireRed teams.

CoffeeDrink

Years
Gra, koff~

I haven't been able to snag that shiny Rhyhorn, but when I do, it's on to Abra, then Masuda Trubbish, and then Masuda Koffing after that. How irritating. Also, Tiara, you need to take that thing back soon. There is a time limit you know, koffi~

Nakala Pri

I'd like to join! My favorite Poison-type is Nidoking.
034.png
I love it's movepool and it has always been a great member of many FireRed teams.

Welcome to the club, Wicked! :D

Gra, koff~

I haven't been able to snag that shiny Rhyhorn, but when I do, it's on to Abra, then Masuda Trubbish, and then Masuda Koffing after that. How irritating. Also, Tiara, you need to take that thing back soon. There is a time limit you know, koffi~

Take what down, may I ask? xD

Last edited:

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
He probably means your game, and I'd assume it's because Torchic? Eventually, that event Pokemon is going to expire. I got mine but never touched it. I just don't care for Blaziken (we've long established I don't care for beefy looking Pokemon). And the only Combusken that amuses me is of the Musical variety (shameless, though I doubt she'll see this XD;).

Despite only having three badges and never going much further than the town you get that 3rd badge in, Nidorino is in his high 50s (whichever level Horn Drill is learned), Nidorina (Nini S.) is in mid 60s, Nidoqueen is high 40s, and Nidoran (Didi S., a female if you couldn't tell) is... somewhere. 40s, I think. "Why the heck do you have so many Nidos you're actually using?", asked no one. Because I'm playing the game in a strange way. I've been playing Pokemon games like a side story since Silver, so I tend to use Pokemon that would be a part of that story. It's actually pretty fun in a very imaginative way. It makes all the incidental stuff that happens more amusing, especially if it feels in character.

Bulba and Bellsprout I believe are in their 40s as well, come to think of it. Beyond that, I dunno what other Poison or partial Poison types I'm using. I think I gave up on Seviper, hahaha. :P Characters sort of won out in the end over Pokemon I can't attach a personality to. I have two Glooms I should just evolve and be done with, but the stone evos cut their movelist short, and I don't want to jump the gun.

All that's really left that I must get is a shiny Nidorina, for (somewhat) obvious reasons. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back