• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
Sorry, but would u like to tell me how to patch up and what files are necessary?

Check if I'm wrong.
I have VisualBoy Advance, Pokemon Light Platinum.gba and the newly released Beta 2 IPS file.
I downloaded Lunar IPS Patch Utility and tested run it. Then, I execute the Beta 2.ips and patch up the Pokemon Light Platinum.gba

Do I need Beta 1 IPS file to patch?

Please show a full step here or direct me to a link to a proper tutorial. Even I play light platinum without patch, the screen is white.

Thanks lots.

Last edited:
Years
In case anyone want to know, use an IPS patch to a Pokemon Ruby v1.0 rom in order to get it to work. Use google for the Ruby rom and VisualBoyAdvance. Don't play it on NO$GBA, it won't work well.

I tried by downloading a Ruby rom and another VisualBoyAdvance 1.8 beta 3 (if not mistaken, the latest), and patched it using Lunar IPS. The screen is still white, so what's the problem?

Years
this is a very nice hack, dude you are the one who inspired me to rom hack, im using your marnian region tiles and dude will you please reply to my pm.

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
Years
DARN IT! It wont work!
I have tryed several different Ruby ROMs!
But They end up either a white screen straight away or a white screen instead of the titlescreen..

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
we still can't get pass Darkdusk city on this new one, right?

No, the new patch is not Beta 3, the new patch is just an English Translation
to make you guys understand the text...

DARN IT! It wont work!
I have tryed several different Ruby ROMs!
But They end up either a white screen straight away or a white screen instead of the titlescreen..
Have you tried reseting it and switch the Save Type?
The steps are:
1. Change the Save Type (From 64k to 128k)
2. Reset

I tried by downloading a Ruby rom and another VisualBoyAdvance 1.8 beta 3 (if not mistaken, the latest), and patched it using Lunar IPS. The screen is still white, so what's the problem?

Read the above quote.

I hope that you guys try changing the Save Type and reseting it before asking
"I HAS A WHITE SCREEN!" something like that.

Sheesh, you guys have worked hard on this, and a long time too.
Good to get this out, now no more stupid questions about it. :P

Not really, some blind people will keep asking
"I HAS A WHITE SCREEN!" questions.

Finally your Highness!
Well... have fun with this beta.
I gotta say it wasn't really easy to translate due my lack of time before Christmas but I'm really glad it's out already :)

Yes, thanks, pal. I couldn't have done it without you.

Years
Before u mentioned about the Save Type, I have already tried it many times. White screens still appear.

And as your following post about google a working Ruby rom, I have also tried it. I even tried the Ruby rom without patching it first, and the rom worked. After I patched the rom with Lunar IPS Patch and Beta 2 ips file, the white screen appear.

Can you explain what is happening?

To make things easy, I prefer a complete tutorial on the patching stuffs. No offense, but I do not want people to say that "Noob" or whatever it is. Since I have already tried it, I am posting the problem here so that need help to resolve it.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Before u mentioned about the Save Type, I have already tried it many times. White screens still appear.

And as your following post about google a working Ruby rom, I have also tried it. I even tried the Ruby rom without patching it first, and the rom worked. After I patched the rom with Lunar IPS Patch and Beta 2 ips file, the white screen appear.

Can you explain what is happening?

To make things easy, I prefer a complete tutorial on the patching stuffs. No offense, but I do not want people to say that "Noob" or whatever it is. Since I have already tried it, I am posting the problem here so that need help to resolve it.

Well, I got it working, so White Screen questions can be annoying for me.

I wish that I could give you a link to the Website that has a Ruby Rom that
works, but it's against the rules.

And for tutorials, I already have one.
But since your Rom isn't my Rom, I can't help you, sorry.

Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2014
i have another problem its a major glitch...i saved and exited the game from the water gym and when i got back on the roads were closed and i tried pulling the lever, and using codes to get escape rope, none worked so im stuck in on place more like an island and can't get out

Years
Thanks Ash, you're such a great help =)
I do not know what's the problem occurred.
Anyway, it works, thanks again.

By the way, the English translation is good. Keep up the good work.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
i have another problem its a major glitch...i saved and exited the game from the water gym and when i got back on the roads were closed and i tried pulling the lever, and using codes to get escape rope, none worked so im stuck in on place more like an island and can't get out
Well... so you're saying you can get outta gym... that's pretty weird.
First try to re-patch and if it's not working tell me how did it exactly happen.
And no, it shouldn't be glitch since it didn't happen to me/his Highness or anyone else :)

Back