• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Did your versions match?

Which versions did you choose?

• Black, Black2

Votes: 19 19.8%
  • White, White2

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • Black, White2

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • White, Black2

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • A combination of 3 or more of the above*

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • I chose all 4 versions.

Votes: 22 22.9%

• Total voters
Years
I picked white then black 2. Biggest mistake of my life lol. I did not know that the story would reference the first game so much so I just picked black 2 for zekrom. That decision probably made most of the game unenjoyable for me haha. xD

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
My girlfriend bought me Pokemon White last year for Christmas because she knew that was the game version I preferred and my friend's little brother happened to have 2 copies of Pokemon White 2 (I don't know how) and he just gave me the 2nd copy for free! xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I'm a cool and totally original guy so I bought both White and White 2. :B
nothing original at all

But I was lame and just wanted it to match, plus, White Zekrom is so much better looking so yeah that made it easy for me. <3

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I got Black because it had Houndoom. Then it only felt natural that I would get Black 2.

Mismatching versions are more useful if you can trade with yourself.

Years
I initially got Black, but ended up exchanging it for White because it ended up having more exclusives that I liked. So once B2/W2 rolled around, it made the most sense to get White 2.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Yes, my versions matched. I got White and White 2.

The Japanese Pokemon website even said that they recommend getting the same colored version (meaning Black & Black 2, White & White 2).

Otherwise there would be continuity errors:
*N will have the wrong dragon that he acquired two years ago in the game's plot
*Opelucid City would drastically change with no explanation whatsoever

Years
I went with both White and White 2. It felt odd to me when I was contemplating picking up Black 2 over White 2, and eventually made the choice to stick with the matching versions. I'm sure having one of White & Black 2 or Black & White 2 would've been useful for Pokedex purposes, but I couldn't trade with myself anyway, so it didn't make much sense to me.

iTeruri

iAm
Years
I got White first and bought Black later at a lower price, but didn't play it as much. When the sequels were revealed, I decided to only buy White 2.

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2015
I got White and Black 2. No specific reason, but I guess it shows my favoritism to Zekrom.

Same here, I thought his typing was cool, Electric/Dragon wasn't something I was expecting, plus I think Black Kyurem looks cooler than White Kyurem, but thats just my opinion.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I went for White and then I went for Black 2. I don't think I had much of a reason other than I wanted to, really.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
At first I choose White because I like its exclusive features that I can catch some Pokémon in White Forest. I was planning to get White 2 back then, but after I heard that White 2's White Forest now works the same as Black City and no longer what I thought it was, and after seeing the dominant blue in Black 2, I have decided to buy Black 2 and play it.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I went White first, then I got White 2. I didn't realize when I bought it, the versions wouldn't match, so I was a little bummed but it's like you're playing Black and not Black 2! xD And well, at least I can still complete the Unova Dex the easy way lmao.

blue

gucci
Years
I eventually got all four versions, but since I chose White first I went with Black 2 on the initial release date.

Years
When Black & White were out I chose Black because I like Reshiram more than Zekrom. Then I saw that Black 2 had Zekrom as the exclusive legendary, so, I got Black 2.

So, my versions do match! :)

Back