• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Did your versions match?

Which versions did you choose?

• Black, Black2

Votes: 19 19.8%
  • White, White2

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • Black, White2

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • White, Black2

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • A combination of 3 or more of the above*

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • I chose all 4 versions.

Votes: 22 22.9%

• Total voters

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
I have Tried Blaze Black, Volt White and White 2! I liked all of them! Mine matched Too!

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
I got matching versions, White and White 2, for continuity reasons, like N's dragon and the way the cities look, Opelucid for example. I did get Black 2 as a gift though, and I enjoyed it just as much.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
I got White on the day it came out because I saw the ads and Zekrom and was like "DANG this game looks awesome. But, I don't like how that white legendary looks, guess I'll go with the black one."

Few years later, I finally got around to buying the sequel (After I'd already bought Y) and I chose White 2 because it was in line with the one I had and I liked the look of Kyurem-W better than Kyurem-B.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
I started with white, and got black to get all starters, then got black 2 when it was released as i like Zekrom better, but also got white 2 shortly after.

Years
I think it's funny that the OP was sceptical that people would buy White and then Black 2, when it seems to be the most popular option in the poll :P

Personally, I went with White and White 2. I was super excited that we'd finally gotten sequels again (if you count the Johto games as sequels to the Kanto games, which.. everyone does), and I wanted to do it "right", to sync up my story from White version and have an adventure that continued with "my White universe". Plus I'd be able to trade my Zekrom from White for Black Kyurem anyway, and wanted to give Reshiram a shot.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I got Black 2 first and played it for awhile then got White Version because it was a different color, but since I'm playing Black 2 and Y I haven't even opened White. I didn't buy White when it was released because I didn't own a (3)DS until after Black 2 came out.

Donut

Spriter
Years
I usally end up with getting both after a while, but I picked black and then black 2 that way I got both legendaries!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I got all 4. Bit overboard, but hey, I loved these games. My original plan was to just get White 1 and 2 so they followed the same storyline, but I ended up getting all four.

Back