• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Something Tragic

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
Years
  • Well, today at school, we were having a normal any other day. Me and my friends were laughing and doing our work, and introducing the new girl in our class. That is, until an hour ago...

Our teachers took us into a 6th grade teacher's old room, which was cleaned out. Then, the principal came in. We all thought is was just a lockdown. ( a lockdown is when someone comes into your school and sells things with out going to the office first. That means the person is a stranger and could harm the children. Then the teachers bring us all to a certain room and lock the door untill the get the Okay Sign in their walkie-talkies.)

Anyways, when we thought it was a lockdown. You see, I have a best friend. A year and a month ago, he was diagonsed with Lupus. (More information about this tragic sickness here.) But, at first it wasn't that serious. He was doing fine, and made friends (ie. Me) and played sports as usual. Yet, the first month, his mother hesitated about going outside becuase he was first showing symptoms of Lupus at a soccer game.

Now, back to the 'lockdown'. Well, it was no lockdown... On the last week of christmas break, this friend of me caught the flu, only making his serious sickness worse. So, it all resulted this morning.

He died.

It was very sad; I can't believe I'm bringing myself to type about this. All of the kids in our class started bawling, and after a few minutes, we were sent to our rooms. Note that this was after lunchtime. Soon, the principal called his best friends to have a talk with them. With suprise, she called out my name, Eneko's name, and someone else's. We went to the prinipal's and discussed what happened. It was very sad. Then, the teachers started asking their students if they wanted to leave. It's very logical to let us leave early; we were all crying so we couldn't focus on work.

And guess what? I had a dental appointment today o.o'

This thread is just to ask some other members if one of their close friends have passed away, and how tragic it was. Of course, if you don't feel like posting about it, that is perfectly fine with me.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I have not had someone like that die, but I have had many taken away. I don't know how good a comparison that is...but, well, when they're taken away, you're only left to wonder and not know for sure. You don't know if they're sick, you don't know what they're like, if they've died, or even if they remember you, and I have a fear of being forgotten. So it is kind of a hard hitter.

Not exactly the answer you're looking for I'm sure, but that's the closest answer I can give you. Sorry to hear about this, though. I know it's not a fun thing to go through.

Edit: By "taken away", I'm referring to moving and literally being taken from where they were, for reasons best left unsaid. Use...imagination, I guess.

Years
  • Awww. May he rest in peace. I'm sure he is in a better place.

A good friend of mine was killed in a hit and run accident about a year ago. Thankfully, they caught the driver who took his life away.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Oh God. Everytime someone dies, it's like a piece of the earth falls apart, and the more that death is known, the lower the piece is, and the lower, the more effect it has. May he rest in peace and may you and your classmates recover from loss.

Never in my life have I ever lost anyone close to me. My life is a bundle of contradictions. *shot*

Yeah, my school life sucks, but my family life is very smooth and lucky. I don't know how it feels to loose someone.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • Yeah... I've had that sort of incident with a good friend of mine, except he was stabbed three times in the heart. You could pretty much say he was murdered. It was a bit like this.

Everyone was crying their eyes out... even the people that didn't know him. We all found out on the Thursday of school, but it happened on a Wednesday. He went out to the city, got in a fight with someone and socked him in the nose. Then.. later that day, the dude stole a knife from a store and chased my friend through the city with this knife. Three people were stabbed, only my friend died. The person that murdered him just came out of hospital from being stabbed in the leg, and he's been charged with something like five years in jail. It's stupid.

Everyone was balling their eyes out, we had a huge memorial service and we even had the news there filming our school and I and some friends of mine ended up on the news, but you could only see the back of our heads. We had counsellers there to cheer us up and talk it through with us, a chapel area where we could sit and think about the good times we had with him and then the principal called over some of his good friends, Charles, myself and Dylan were the three that went over there. We, like yourself, left school early because we couldn't concentrate on work.

It sucks man, it really does. You'll get over it eventually though, so just hang in there and may he Rest in Peace.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    Well..

I haven't had a close friend die, but may he rest in peace.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    That is very sad, and must be very hard for you.

Recently, the brother of one of my friends died, and I couldn't imagine what he was going through. I wasn't able to go to the funeral, though, other kids in the class did.

May your friend rest in peace, and may his close friends and family get over this. But first, remeber what my dad always says:

When you are born they are crying and everyone else is laughing; When you die everyone is crying but you are laughing.

So, I'm sure your friend is laughing his head off [if he was like that] in heaven, having the best time of his life.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    My dog died. He died of disease, and during his final moments he walked out of the gate. My parents said he probably doesn't want the family to feel hurt by not dying in front of us.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    May he rest in peace. I hope god looks up to the good sides of him.

I don't have much of a friend, so passing away is something out of thought.
    I do remember a friend of mine passing away some years ago. Everytime I thought then, my eyes filled up.
    I still can't make myself believe that he isn't anymore. It still feels like I'll get to talk to him tomorrow, or something.

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
  • Well, a friend of mine killed herself. She wasn't a particularly close friend for me, but I had known her for several years and spent a lot of time with her. She was a really funny and generally a happy person, so I had absolutely no idea she was going to kill herself. Yet, she did. Moreover, it wasn't one of those attention-seeking "attempted suicide gone wrong" things, because she didn't do it by taking an overdose of painkillers or sleeping pills or anything. She hanged herself. And she was only sixteen at the time. I've never been so shocked.

It's been over four years now and I still can't understand it. I can't help but to think whether I could have done something for her, something to prevent her from doing it. I still can't understand why'd she do something like that. It was not a thing I can imagine her doing. Yet, I can't help but to imagine what her parents saw when they found her body and how they must've felt. I don't think I can ever fully stop thinking about it. I wonder how her parents feel nowadays. I never cried, somehow I couldn't bring myself to cry over her death. I still don't feel like crying. I just feel like a huge, sad, shocked question mark.

It fades over time, though. Over time, you just forget those who have gone. I don't really know whether it's a good thing or not. In a way, it's kind of cruel to forget, but then again, you can't cry forever.

May your friend rest in peace. I hope mine does, too.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • Hmm. I honestly feel for you.
    It's very sad when somebody so young has to leave.
    May he forever be remembered for who he was.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • A depressing thread. D:

Sorry for your loss, dear 'ol pair and Eneko, and for everyone else's losses too :/. It just shoes how fragile life really is, and how each day should be lived to the fullest. I'm sure your's and Eneko's friend was a great person who really saw the good in life, and it's a shame that he had to die so young. I'm sure he benefitted from having you guys as his closest friends though :].

I'm lucky enough to not have a friend lost to any illness, but I do have friends who have lost friends ( please get me? D: ). My almost sister in law's best friend committed suicide, resulting in my almost-sister-in-law's 'changing' to atheism. A kid who sits across from me in homeroom had his brother killed in August from a shooting. There was a girl in my elementary school who died of cancer, and another kid who had leukemia in 5th grade (I haven't heard about him in years, so I'm not sure if he's living). My best friend almost died from unknown diabetes, but he luckily survived after time in the ICU.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    This has to be one of the saddest things I have read. ;_;
    I even read aloud to my mom, and she thought it was sad too...

I never had one of my closest friends die in my life, but one of my cousin's friends was driving, and crashed into another car..killing the two people in the other car(two old ladies) and everyone in my cousin's friends car.

Worst of all, I barely knew this cousin of mine! :'O
    It made me feel worse, cause I never really knew her.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • That's terrible. D: At least he's in a better place and I know that he will always be looking over you. :3

Anyway, in an-chan's situation, that happened to my cousin. She killed herself by overdosing in pills. It was tragic because she was very happy and didn't have any reason to go and do that. No one knows why she would end her life. D: She was very sweet and she even made this fleece blanket with me and I have picture of it to...

http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll404/Yuusaki_Misayu/Bedroom pictures/d6477d1e.jpg

It's very special to me. <3

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    That's TERRIBLE! D':

I would like to say Rest. In. Peace to everyone's lost loved one.
    And to everyone who has lost a loved one, never fret, they will be always be watching you and are in a much better place than where we are right now. :3

Back