• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

MAJOR Explosion at Boston Marathon

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I just figured it was photoshopped or something. I would certainly hope that it's absolutely fake.

Demon Days

Element of Magic
Years
My condolences go out to all the families affected in this, not just because innocent people were targeted, but also because it was targeting such an innocent crowd.

I don't see why people do this kind of thing though. Why would you want to kill people just to illustrate a point? Isn't there other ways to do it?

Oh, not that I want to add fuel to the fire, but the Westboro Baptist Church had to say something about the bombings. And they had to say something idiotic about it too.
I just looked up what Westboro said and I'm absolutely disgusted. How is it in America that they can make statements like that and not get charged or arrested? The First Amendment they have?

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
I wake up to this. Oh my God. First off my condolences to the families of the deceased and the injured.
I'd just like to point out that emphasizing the death of the child over the others is not wrong. They were all tragedies and I hope they all rest in peace, but no parent should have to bare the loss of their 8 year old. Someone that young, that innocent, it's just horrible. :(

This whole thing is terrifying. If it's domestic, committed by any of those anarchist and "second commandment" thumpers, we could be looking at some really bad and dangerous domestic disputes and a lot of trouble in the home-land. If it's foreign terrorism, we could be looking at some serious international repercussions that we do not need right now.
I'm not saying this is real or not, and I personally hate this kind of crap. When I saw it, I just yelled explicits at Tumblr, but anyway...

Spoiler:
I find it kinda suspicious that whoever posted this decided to take a picture of their screen rather than use 'print screen'...
I just looked up what Westboro said and I'm absolutely disgusted. How is it in America that they can make statements like that and not get charged or arrested? The First Amendment they have?
When are these people gonna die and burn in hell? They're really taking it too damn far right now.
*attempts to calm down*

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years

The First Amendment is easily abused. People think it's their right to say what they want, regardless others' feelings. That's wrong. Once it hurts others' feelings (with the intention of doing so; otherwise, you merely should apologize), it infringes on their rights as a person not to be a victim of hatred and indecency.

The Internet is full of "Free Speech" abusers. The media, too. Westboro is no exception. People'll keep going and going, taking the hand, then the arm; they'd eat you alive if no one stops 'em lol the same about "rights" abuse.

@Pedro12,

And to bear the loss of a son, perhaps in his 20s? We don't know the age of the other victims, nor should that matter. It is equally horrible for wives and husbands to lose their spouse as it is to lose their child. I still don't see what age has to do with it. If one of the other victims was a 25-year-old married aspiring man with a child and a future in medicine, is it not equaling devastating for his wife to lose her husband, and for their child to lose his or her father? The whole age thing is just to stir up a reaction, as others stated; no one should ever have to suffer through something like this, the victim being a child or not, because a human life is lost, and that life affects the lives of many around them. The media ought to stop emphasizing one death as more tragic or important than that of another human being; we are all human, big, small, young, adult, with futures and goals and ambitions and dreams, and families who count on you and sons who look up to you, and teachers who have taught you, and grandparents and parents who raised you.

tl;dr: Every death is equally tragic and should receive equal attention and importance in the media. Everyone suffers, regardless of age, and the little details should not and do not subtract to the horrendous nature of the crime at-hand. There's a monster afoot, and I hope the local American police forces (I heard the FBI is involved) does all they can to put the person or persons responsible behind bars, no parole, for their heinous and barbaric crime.

Last edited:
Years
I'd qualify that statement. Sometimes it's important to hurt other people's feelings in order shed light upon those committing an injustice to society. I think WBC should be accused of libel and vulgar abuse instead, because what they're saying is quite obviously BS and unnecessary.

@Yusshin,

But I don't think the details are subtracting at all. People respond to the fact a kid died. And a kid did die. Even if they were looking for a response, it is still a gut response - and personally I'd like to have the whole picture and feel what I feel about it regardless of the "equality of my disgust".

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
The First Amendment is easily abused. People think it's their right to say what they want, regardless others' feelings. That's wrong. Once it hurts others' feelings (with the intention of doing so; otherwise, you merely should apologize), it infringes on their rights as a person not to be a victim of hatred and indecency.

The Internet is full of "Free Speech" abusers. The media, too. Westboro is no exception. People'll keep going and going, taking the hand, then the arm; they'd eat you alive if no one stops 'em lol the same about "rights" abuse.
It's against the law to hurt someone's feelings? That seems like it'd be really subjective

Years
The bombs seemed to have been filled with shrapnel. This doesn't lead us anywhere, but it's good to know that the perpetrator considered how much damage he or she wanted to do.

Sir Codin

The Westboro Baptist Church does not speak for the rest of America or the First Amendment for that matter.

Stop reacting to them like they actually do.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
It's against the law to hurt someone's feelings? That seems like it'd be really subjective

Well, no. You can't avoid hurting people's feelings sometimes, but some people take it too far, and then it becomes something more. Imo you can't go around publicly defaming an event or population of people with the intention of hurting them or with the intention of causing a negative reaction. Those kinds of things should be avoided; however, sometimes it's impossible if the cause is a just one (subjective), and things like wars and the like still occur.

But there are some limits that I think most people would agree on, like going on national television and claiming that all people of x race or religion are terrorists because of x and y. Or what Westboro is saying about the bombings. What is the intention there? Is it their right to say that, even though it's insulting and shocking to everyone involved, affected, injured or deceased as a result of the bombings? In these kinds of extreme circumstances, those kind of "public announcements" should be kept to oneself, because they will bring about no good whatsoever; just hate and anger.

So maybe the line is crossed when "Free Speech" suddenly becomes incitement of hatred or defamation. I guess those are the limitations already in the law (you can't incite hatred or defame someone or a company without proof; you could be arrested or sued for that). That's what I meant about Free Speech, feelings and "abuse" of the system.

Anyway.

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I'm not saying this is real or not, and I personally hate this kind of crap. When I saw it, I just yelled explicits at Tumblr, but anyway...

Spoiler:

Page for the bombing made on Saturday apparently. I hope it's photoshopped and the comment about Sandy Hook really bothers me as well. Just...honestly, I should quit looking at this stuff. I'm really sensitive on these subjects, but I saw it and thought I'd post it here for those of you that are more analytical than I am. Maybe you can pick this apart.

Entered the page, I only see a conspiranoic nutcase who believes the ivol, ivol guvnmt blew up the Twin Towers and that the satanic Obama wants to take your guuuunz which would have somehow saved the victims of this tragedy.

So I'm going to say he just opened a page called "I like fish" on Saturday and just renamed it last night. And filled it with images of "It was the CIA and Obama and Bush and the guvmnt is the cause of everything that's wrooooong! believe me I ahve a facebook pageeee!"

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
Years
I ran it yesterday and crossed the finish line just a couple of minutes before the first bomb went off. my parents were in the bleachers right across from the first one. runners after the finish line only heard it go off and some thought it was a celebratory cannon. I'm from the area and said that they had never done that, and figured it was just a transformer exploding from the subway that goes right underneath Boylston. then I watched the second bomb got off. if you want to see panic and chaos unfold... go stand in the epicenter of a terrorist attack.

my neighbor that works for the FBI called me last night after the reports of the additional undetonated bombs in the area, and he confirmed that there was indeed an undetonated bomb underneath the bleachers that my parents and the Sandy Hook victims were sitting in.

truly sickening. but boston is a resilient city. we will overcome this.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Guys this is not a terrorist attack. It's either an act of right wing extremist or an act that the government knew about.

Boston Tea Party < taxes < 4/15 is tax day < Boston

Come on guys it's not rocket science to figure this one out. It could of been a right wing extremest doing an attack aimed at high taxes as a protest. OR the government created it to make the public think that's what happened. I mean why else would it be in BOSTON on TAX DAY?

We already know when the individual who did this (if the real individual) gets found the democratic news and the republican news will have completely separate stories involving this. They always have and always will. Also, someones probably gonna get framed for something they didn't do to protect someone else.

This is a sad event and I wish we could find different ways to settle this other than detonating explosives.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Guys this is not a terrorist attack. It's either an act of right wing extremist or an act that the government knew about.

Come on guys it's not rocket science to figure this one out. It could of been a right wing extremest doing an attack aimed at high taxes as a protest. OR the government created it to make the public think that's what happened. I mean why else would it be in BOSTON on TAX DAY?

We already know when the individual who did this (if the real individual) gets found the democratic news and the republican news will have completely separate stories involving this. They always have and always will. Also, someones probably gonna get framed for something they didn't do to protect someone else.

This is a sad event and I wish we could find different ways to settle this other than detonating explosives.

Terrorism: The use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

Terrorism is exactly what this event was. People are terrified and paranoid because the public doesn't have anything at all right now to indicate who could have done this and why. I've heard the tax day reason a lot already and that could be it but the point is nobody knows for sure. Literally the only thing that we know right now is whoever did this is a sick psychopath, regardless of whatever reasoning they have.

I've heard so far that the casualty rate is 176, with 3 deaths and 17 in critical condition. I really hope that those in critical condition recover, three deaths is three too many.

Sir Codin

I went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium today and they were doing backpack checks. Heard straight from a security guard's mouth it was because of what happened in Boston yesterday.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
I just read in Metro this morning that the death toll is three, critical condition is seventeen, and there are over twenty-five people who had one or two limbs amputated during the blast. As well, the total wounded has risen to at least 169, but as Azalea points out, ti could be higher.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
People are definitely reacting to this.

I went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium today and they were doing backpack checks. Heard straight from a security guard's mouth it was because of what happened in Boston yesterday.
Maybe. But sporting events / stadium, theme parks, zoo, etc. have been doing this for several years now.

Come on guys it's not rocket science to figure this one out. It could of been a right wing extremest doing an attack aimed at high taxes as a protest.
Tax Day / Patriot Day / Boston / Newtown connection, yes there's a lot of symbolism that seems to indicate that it was domestic. Coupled with the bomb's formation.

However, we don't know. So, don't jump to conclusions. We also don't know the motive.

And, even if domestic - its still a terrorist attack

Last edited:
Back