• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Again, if that pokemon end up being real, then there will be conflict and they will have to change stuff. I can already see how people are going to act because they get offended way too easily.

Years
I read on Pokebeach that there may be a new, easier way to get shinies, and that GF wants to make them pop out.

And I've also been wondering what that method is. I remember B2/W2's Shiny Charm was a Pokedex completion reward that made shiny encounters easier, but I bet this is going to make a lot of people want to get shinies.

Years
I hope shinies are easier to obtain, yet not too easy; then they would be as special!

Though a 1/1000 chance sounds a bit more reasonable to me.

I just read that the pokebeach quote is straight from Masuda! Sounds credible to me :)

Years
I hope shinies are easier to obtain, yet not too easy; then they would be as special!

I just read that the pokebeach quote is straight from Masuda! Sounds credible to me :)

A 1 in 1,000 chance, that seems alright to me. But yeah I would like them being easier to obtain, but not too easy because then that defeats the purpose of them being special. If it was Junichi Masuda who said that quote I guess there is a chance this might be real.

Years

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I heard a rumor that you can get 3 starters. Does anyone know if this is true?

You get your normal starter, then you get a Kanto starter early in the game. And you can get a Torchic over WiFi for a few months once the games come out. These have been confirmed.

It is also rumored that one of your main rivals gives you their starter, but nothing has been confirmed, about this one.

I would say a 1/1500 for a RE shiny.
If they made it 1/1000 for RE that would mean that MM Method shinies would even be more common.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

Just because someone said Matsuda says it, doesn't make it credible. I haven't seen any other source site make the same statement, until more than one makes the same claim with actual proof of the statement like an interview posted on the net or a video interview, its all hearsay.

Nothing really wrong with how we get Shiny's now. I personally don't want any more unneeded changes.

I heard a rumor that you can get 3 starters. Does anyone know if this is true?

You only get 1 Starter. Your starter is the Pokemon you literally start with. You can get a Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle sometime later from Sycamore (Still has yet to be confirmed by officials that it is right after getting to Lumoise or if its like all the other times we got other region starter sets after meeting some kinda criteria.), and we can download Torchic via Wifi from release date until mid January.

While we get two additional "Starter" Pokemon, we only get one real starter. The other are just Pokemon, cause we most likely can catch Pikachu and Eevee in these games if we can assume the Pokemon shown in the videos are catchable and both are recognized as Starter Pokemon as well, though no one ever refers to either as such.

Official site even calls them Classic Partner Pokemon, (I'm guessing the term they use instead of Starter is Partner which kinda makes sense since they are your partners from the very beginning.)

But yes, 1 "Starter" and 1 Classic Partner, and a Torchic. Rumors surfaced that more may be available later on too as we can possibly get our Rival's "Starter".

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
@ Xander. I agree. It's due to lack of secondary source and citation that I brought it up here. Also they had a translator and we know they've made mistakes in the past (at least Serebii's did).

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 18, 2013
that would be cool to get torchic with his/her? mega item

also what mega evolutions would you like to see in pokemon x and y?

I really wanted Mega arceus but maybe not

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'd really like to see a MegaEvolution for Skarmory. Once Skarmory transforms itself into its Mega form, it could have its defensive stats lowered a little to increase its Attack and Speed. Skarmory are mostly used for their defenses, but Mega Skarmory would be used more for the offensive side of things. I would also like to see a MegaEvolution form for Breloom, if possible. It could be a little shorter in size compared to its regular form, which would sacrifice some of its Defense, Sp. Defense, and Sp. Attack stats to raise its Speed and help it move faster.

Last edited:

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
I'd really like to see a MegaEvolution for Skarmory. Once Skarmory transforms itself into its Mega form, it could have it defensive stats lowered a little to increase its Attack and Speed. Skarmory are mostly used for their defenses, but Mega Skarmory would be used more for the offensive side of things. I would also like to see a MegaEvolution form for Breloom, if possible. It could be a little shorter in size compared to its regular form, which would sacrifice a bit of its Attack and Defense stats to raise its Speed and help it move faster.

I'd personally love to see a MegaEvolution of Tropius. It would have to become a little smaller and probably gain an extra leaf-wing on each side, increasing its speed. It'd also have to gain in Atk and Sp.Atk at the expense of some of its Def and Sp.Def, I dunno how though.

Years
MegaGengar-He will be slimer for being faster, Also it would be nice if he get increased special attack, but he does it will be really dangerous!
MegaGolem-Boosted HP and special defence, mabye even getting read of his ground typing so he will be less vulnerable(I would prefer that he would lose his rock type but unless he design draticly change, which didn't happan till now in mega evos, I can't see this happaning).

Back