• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Years
Same here...maybe a Farfetch'd evolution :3 Or a Dusparce one.
I just realized this...what if it ends up being a pre-evolution of a past Pokemon >_< ?!

Farfetch'd and Dusparce evos? pfft keep dreaming, if anything gamefreak will troll us with evolution of Lucario lol
about the pre-evo-Oh god please not, pre-evos are the most useless things ever, but it will cheer me up a little because its mean there is a chance more older pokemons get normal evolutions.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Farfetch'd and Dusparce evos? pfft keep dreaming, if anything gamefreak will troll us with evolution of Lucario lol
about the pre-evo-Oh god please not, pre-evos are the most useless things ever, but it will cheer me up a little because its mean there is a chance more older pokemons get normal evolutions.
I thought of that...but then I remembered Hoenn's Pokemon that were connected to past pokemon were all pre-evolutions...maybe they'll troll us by having only Sylveon and the rest the cross-generational lines will be pre-evolutions...

Lol that would be the ultimate trolling seeing how Lucario already has a Mega Evolution xD. Now maybe Zoroark...

Years
I thought of that...but then I remembered Hoenn's Pokemon that were connected to past pokemon were all pre-evolutions...maybe they'll troll us by having only Sylveon and the rest the cross-generational lines will be pre-evolutions...

Lol that would be the ultimate trolling seeing how Lucario already has a Mega Evolution xD. Now maybe Zoroark...

I really hope not, giving only one evo and few pre-evo would be just teasing us...
And in my opinion Zoroark just need mega evo(improved defenses), he is doing right now pretty fine as a fast mix attacker.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
I say it's Oorotto. Looks like an evolved Pokemon imo.
Other scenario; Evolution of past-gen Pokémon :D.
Why would they include 'an evolved form' anyway? Hopes up guys, I'll keep my fingers crossed

Years
BeefTaco posted this on the Mega thread, I thought it'll be nice to share it here too as not all of the info is about Mega Evolutions. According to him it's the translation of an interview on XY. The traslated post is on Bulbagarden
Spoiler:

I never played Gen I...but that Exp.Share going back to the old way sounds like it'll be easier to level up Pokemon :3

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
It make me laugh that Mega evo is for game balance, popularity and visual look. Most of the Mega are ugly, some pokemon were already OP without the Mega evo and the only truth seems to be the popularity.

Years
BeefTaco posted this on the Mega thread, I thought it'll be nice to share it here too as not all of the info is about Mega Evolutions. According to him it's the translation of an interview on XY. The traslated post is on Bulbagarden
Spoiler:

I never played Gen I...but that Exp.Share going back to the old way sounds like it'll be easier to level up Pokemon :3
How weird is it! today I wanted to check something about EXP.Share and heard for the first time about the EXP.All.

Also Ghost escaping Shadow tag won't do serious changes to the meta game, just nerfing Wabbufet

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
1. Pokémon gain experience even when the opposing wild Pokémon is caught. (This was stated in another interview.). A caught Pokémon gives the same experience points as a defeated one.

Ok, so the EXP remains the same. I thought it would include other variables, but this is fine too.

5. The item Exp.Share will revert to Exp.All as in Generation I, where when one Pokémon holding this item participates in battle, all other Pokémon in the team receive experience as well. Unlike in Generation I, the experience is not split but rather received by all Pokémon. This means that the participating Pokemon receive 100% experience, while non-participating Pokémon receive 50% experience.

Wow, they are making training way too easy, lol. This better compensate for some tough battles, ifunowatimsayin. I like this though, even though I've never personally used Exp. All in R/G/B/Y, but only in hacks like Indigo. I imagine this EXP Share being available late within the game.

8. The standard selection process for Pokémon to be Mega-Evolvable is based on three points: visual looks, popularity and game balance.

So basically any Pokemon can get one. I can't cross out any with these three points in mind, besides the 6th generation Pokemon since it's been stated that they won't get any.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Some extra info that wasn't really addressed in the translation summary. Apparently some moves power and accuracy will be changed, they are prioritizing on special moves for these changes.

Years
Some extra info that wasn't really addressed in the translation summary. Apparently some moves power and accuracy will be changed, they are prioritizing on special moves for these changes.
I'm hoping Surf power is upped to 100 to make it equal to Earthquake. Also they should give Earthquake to Samurrot and Serperior this generation (Venusaur couldn't learn the move either until Gen III so they can give it to these two final Starter evolutions too this generation)

Edit: Pokebeach posted these new rumors-
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Years
The opening sounds cool.
It's strange though that it replaces the Normal typing for two typings though...thus far that hasn't happened (Azurill may be the same this generation though if it's not Normal/Fairy).

Review copies are going around right now so some rumors are bound to pop up with some truth in some of them.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Interesting rumours...nothing too hard to believe. Are they from the same guy who leaked the squids and meowstic?

I particularly like the sound of the ghost spider, it sounds like something I'd put on my team.

Years
Interesting rumours...nothing too hard to believe. Are they from the same guy who leaked the squids and meowstic?

I particularly like the sound of the ghost spider, it sounds like something I'd put on my team.
No it's a different leaker. S/he doesn't remember everything though (as seen with the spider's name) so s/he may be a reviewer if these rumors are true...it also could mean some of the things are off as S/he are reling on their memories.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
The name of the spider (if correct) looks like it could be a combination of "Apparition" and "Arachnid". It seems like a bit of a mouthful really...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
If these turn out to be true, I can see a good amount of people getting mad because Helioptile's evo is bipedal.

Meh, I don't like how they say Froakie's final evo is bulkier though. Then again, I guess it could get a little bit bigger. Just hope it isn't like the other frogs.

Also note that Pokebeach has said they have been shown evidence for some, but still could be fake.

Last edited:
Back