• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Isocommunity City

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
  • Nice WIPs.

Yes, people haven't really. I suppose we have done a little, with the moster under the bridge, and the eyes in the sinkhole. Either way, it doesn't matter when you start crazifying this town. Do what you want!

Just saying that I'm a little busy right now so I haven't updated the first post yet.
    hahax..okok,i just do a simple city landscpe...lol

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
  • No! Don't be boring! I said you could have aliens! Go ahead! Don't make a basic landscape. ;~;
    i will try..hahax..
    still figuring out what things to add..

edit:Done..is this okay?or is it not good enough??if this don't qualify,tell me..lol
    it was my first time doing isometric art,quite hard to make some things.
    just random here and there..hahax,guess what are them..lol
    1h9khv.png

Last edited:

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
  • It's alright, but not completely isometric. Also, could you get some lighter palettes.

Oh, and get rid of the 'boom' word.
    owh yeah,forgot about that..thought it can be abit easy but quite a challenge,i can't help thinking theres something weird on my blocks..hmm...lighter colours..i try to find one,which which pallete needed to change?or everything??..lol,don't know what more to change here..

Last edited:

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • Sorry, but I won't be able to do mine, so someone else can have the square.

But I think the project is going really well!

Years
  • Just posting to apologise for my inactivity here. My computer is currently unavailable so I can only access Firefox, and am not allowed to save anything >:. I'll try and update everything in a while. For now, claims are closed.

Years
  • Okay, so I've gone ahead and merged all the contributions and WIPs (I think I did anyway - I rather rushed it) into one image. Most of the claimed spots are as they were, but by the lack of activity I'm inclined to think that most if not all spots are up for grabs. That's really Spherical Ice's call though.

Also, my computer tells me that the image is using 233 colors with a good number of them in the green end of the spectrum. I would try cleaning that up, but it's a little more work than I'm ready to do at the moment so I'm just putting it out there for consideration. In other words, using the colors that are already being used is good (b'')b

picture.php

Years
  • Okay, so I've gone ahead and merged all the contributions and WIPs (I think I did anyway - I rather rushed it) into one image. Most of the claimed spots are as they were, but by the lack of activity I'm inclined to think that most if not all spots are up for grabs. That's really Spherical Ice's call though.

Also, my computer tells me that the image is using 233 colors with a good number of them in the green end of the spectrum. I would try cleaning that up, but it's a little more work than I'm ready to do at the moment so I'm just putting it out there for consideration. In other words, using the colors that are already being used is good (b'')b

picture.php
    Thanks, Scarf. Very helpful indeed. <:

Sorry for suddenly not updating this thread, but I'm glad to re-open the City!

TheIsometricProject.png

Okay, so I've done a bit of fixing up: things that weren't isometric are now isometric; grass and roads have become consistent throughout; shadows have been added. I have edited some people's entries. If you feel that what I have done is unfair, simply tell me and I will revert your square back to how it used to be. Furthermore, all claims have been wiped - in a way, we're starting afresh. <: So, this is now the current version of our city~

edit Did a bit of colour decreasing. There should now be only 68 colours, as opposed to 255+:
    IsoCity1.png

Last edited:
    Years
  • Try to match the style guys, and try to use whatever colours you can use that are already on there. Like if you wanted to make some grass, use the colour from another grid and don't add a new green colour. It'll save trouble for Spherical Ice when he needs to reduce the colours again.

Years
  • May I claim 8A please? I'll have it up ASAP.
    Sure. Approved

Try to match the style guys, and try to use whatever colours you can use that are already on there. Like if you wanted to make some grass, use the colour from another grid and don't add a new green colour. It'll save trouble for Spherical Ice when he needs to reduce the colours again.
    Yeah, this.

Current version:
    TheIsometricProject.png

Back