• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red/Blue remakes on 3DS

Years
  • On this note, I don't really think i'd care much if Red/Blue were remade on the 3DS. We've already had Kanto remade with FRLG and included in the Johto games, and even if they added new features I doubt I would really care much. It's not something they can keep doing over and over.

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
    Years
  • I think they have too much crap on the shelf to even be thinking about another R/B/Y remake at this juncture. We have ORAS coming, there HAS to be a Z coming, then I think they'll be working on a D/P/P remake. Or, maybe even a new generation.

It'll be some time. I think they might even have a new handheld by the time they get to R/B/Y - if they even choose to do it at all.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Kanto has been to practically every region, I think they should atop spoon feeding us the original region for to satisfy those nostalgia wunners. With the arrival of Gen VI and it's many different mechanics, I'm sure Game freak as a ton to deliver us in the future rather than dishing out ANOTHER RBY remake. ORAS is on its way in a couple of months so I dont think we'll be receiving another remakes until the next handheld console.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    Anyway..

Thinking back on this, I do doubt we'll get Kanto remakes, at least for the foreseeable future. The thing is nowadays they can stick games onto the eShop. I wouldn't be surprised if that happens in the future for FRLG so that newer fans can play the older games.

I'd want this to happen, and then yes, instead of a remake of the Kanto saga instead have either A) A whole new story or B) A new story in a different timeline. I did like the idea of a prequel to RGBY which takes place back when Oak was a young Trainer (and Agatha for a female player character). Or a sequel which takes place a few years after the whole Team Rocket debacle.

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    Since FireRed and LeafGreen were already the remakes of Generation 1, I don't' know if they'll remake them again or not. If they do, I hope they changed it back to (Something) Blue instead of (Something) Green. I could see them remaking Yellow though, that would be interesting, with a 3D Pikachu following you around everywhere.

I also think D/P should be remade. They could also do sequels or a third installment in the Generation 6 line, even though I wasn't particularly fond of Generation 6.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Yellow remake has a strong possibility of happening, I feel. For Red and Blue, though, I can't imagine it occurring any time soon, due to all reasons stated so far.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2014
    There's really no point right now. It's so easily accessible in so many games. If anything, I think Diamond/Pearl could get one a few years down the line, if only because there were a lot of elements that (imo) stopped those games from being as good as they should have been.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yellow remake has a strong possibility of happening, I feel. For Red and Blue, though, I can't imagine it occurring any time soon, due to all reasons stated so far.
    Why do you feel a remake of Yellow specifically is likely, curiously?

I feel that they have a chance to happen way down the line, but not anytime soon, and personally I don't have that great an interest in the idea. We've seen Kanto in the first four generations, so I'd rather have a break from it for a good while now. Johto we've seen twice, Hoenn twice come ORAS, but Kanto having already been in four games is quite a bit (and that's counting trios like RBY as one set).

Monte Blanc

The White Rabbit
    Years
  • I see a game based in Kanto being very plausible in the near future, but not specifically a second remake.

And, the reason for this is rather simple:

We've crossed the threshold into full 3D now with X/Y and OR/AS. I, personally, believe that it would be a travesty to not include Pokemon games based in regions that have yet to see 3D-rendering. They don't need to be "remakes", because GameFreak has opened up a new door for themselves: Mega Evolutions. If they really dedicate themselves to an in-depth story and give us some serious difficulty, I think they can pull off making sequels or other such games set in regions like Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh and Unova with the inclusion of new Megas.

Plus, it would give them time to really develop new regions and Pokemon instead of releasing a new set every 2-3 years (Not to say they don't do an excellent job, but maybe further development wouldn't be such a bad thing). But, that's just me.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Why do you feel a remake of Yellow specifically is likely, curiously?

While Pokémon Yellow is indeed related to Red and Blue, I've always felt that it was a game of its own, in some ways. While latter two did get remakes back when GameBoy Advance was in its prime and whatnot, former was left out, which leads me to believe that if they are to ever create another first-generation remake at some point in future, it's going to be based off Yellow version, haha.

Personally, I'd love it; having a Pikachu following me around at all times would be simply adorable!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • While Pokémon Yellow is indeed related to Red and Blue, I've always felt that it was a game of its own, in some ways. While latter two did get remakes back when GameBoy Advance was in its prime and whatnot, former was left out, which leads me to believe that if they are to ever create another first-generation remake at some point in future, it's going to be based off Yellow version, haha.

Personally, I'd love it; having a Pikachu following me around at all times would be simply adorable!
    Each to their own. I personally don't see Yellow getting much of a chance outside of Red and Blue though (but arguably I say that because history agrees =p). Yellow was neat (well, I don't care too much for Pikachu these days, but having all the starters was nice), but in the end that was practically it. A few minor details changed, a few less bugs, Jessie and James were characters, and that was it - most of the changes came from the anime.

Yellow was made in part to capitalise on the success of the anime, but while now the anime is still around it doesn't quite have that mass popularity going for it, not enough to justify a new game version. So remaking Yellow now imo wouldn't be as 'relevant' anymore, if that makes sense.

If anything, Yellow was the exception. Anime references have by and large been left out of games (even in third games, as the anime comes out after the games and is based on it), and besides the FRLG example, the choice to go with their own islands (Sevii) instead of the Orange Islands is a good example of that.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    As much as I'd like a re-make of a re-make, I'd much rather have a spin-off, like a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game that has 6th-gen Pokémon & new mechanics. Not to mention having all Pokémon obtainable, unlike the last one.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I enjoy Kanto a lot and I think a Yellow remake would be the best option here. Pikachu as a follower with all the starters available is something I feel like everyone would really enjoy. I also think the Sevii Islands included would be pretty cool as a tribute to FireRed/LeafGreen, as long as they add a little more depth to them. Past getting the gems for Celio, it wasn't really compelling to continue on afterward. They could definitely build on it with a 3DS version.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Due to Yellow having resemblance to anime, I'd like it if were to access Orange Islands in its remake rather than Sevii. It'd also give a reason to play to those who refuse--there's new location to explore.

Of course, I can't imagine everybody would snatch up on that, but it would still help, nonetheless!

Sceptile90

The Master of YamiNoGames
    Years
  • I'd like a Yellow Remake. Also, they could have the Sinnoh Starters available because Processor Rowan was in Kanto at this time, with their new Mega Evolutions. I'd buy a Wii U just to get this game, if it was for that specific console. (I mean, come on. The Wii U is failing, but they have the resources for a game to save them! Plus, I've been meaning to get Wind Waker HD...)

Back