• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red/Blue remakes on 3DS

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2014
    I think they should make a remake that combines Johto, Sinnoh, and Kanto all in one game.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • I think its a good idea, I'd rather have sequels though, which include travelling around Kanto, Johto, Sevii Islands and the Orange Islands.
    It might be too soon to think about revisiting Kanto again, maybe after ORAS and the 3rd/sequel games of X & Y...

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • Not to be rude, but I think that as a fanbase, we should draw a line somewhere and not cross it. Let's face it: when it comes to buying the same game over and over again, some of us (myself included, mind you) can be worse than those "Capcom fanboys" youtubers talk about.

First two versions of the game come out. We buy them both.
    Then, a third version comes out. We buy it too.
    Years later, two more versions come out, this time remade with a newer engine. We buy them as well.
    ... and now we are asking for a chance to buy the same game a sixth and a seventh time?

Why do we absolutely need remakes to revisit old adventures? Why can't we just play the old games the way they are, as the fanbases of every other videogame series do? Old consoles still exist, old games still exist, if you can't get those, emulation still exists... look, I get buying both versions, I more or less get remakes, but remakes of remakes, that's where I draw the line, because this is going way too far.

Besides, put yourself in Game Freak's collective shoes. Wouldn't it be just a little depressing to have to remake the same games over and over again, knowing that everything that you create now, you'll have to recreate a few years down the road, maybe more than once? They are already essentially making each generation TWICE, and now people want third iterations? How long before we start asking for remakes of HG/SS or OR/AS?

I'd rather see Game Freak spend their money and energy on creating something new and unique than recreating the same exact thing over and over and over again.

So, no, no R/B remakes for me.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Why do we absolutely need remakes to revisit old adventures?

Compatibility and availability? The main reason Red/Green/Blue and Gold/Silver were remade was because they were no longer compatible with the 3rd generation onwards. And please, let's not use emulation as an excuse, it's not and never was an official solution.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • As much as being a player since the RBGY era, I feel that we do not have a need to have another remake for them again.

Plus, we DID visit the Kanto region again in HGSS, that's kind of enough until many years down the road, maybe.

Girl

04/07/14
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2014
    I am fine with a return to Kanto in the future. But give the R/B adventure a rest. Time for something new.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • Compatibility and availability? The main reason Red/Green/Blue and Gold/Silver were remade was because they were no longer compatible with the 3rd generation onwards.

Granted, but at some point, IMHO we should let go. There's no need for a current gen update of every single adventure that ever took place in the series. Maybe at some point we should let past generation games be just that, past generation games, and move on.

Every day spent on re-remaking a game that already got a remake and that we all already finished dozens of times is a day not spent on creating a new game.

xboxmandude

Rom Hacker
    Years
  • How can the kan to be boring?
    I mean its not boring...
    Its my favourite region...
    It brings back memories
    Yes it maybe old
    The more games the better... The should remake every region for the 3dS

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    A multi-region game that includes Kanto would be welcome, but I personally do not want to see another Red/Green remake. The way I see it is this: what can be added to a remake of a game that has already been remade once beyond new mechanics?

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I can't see this happening at all, because of FR/LG. Why remake a game twice? It just doesn't make any sense. Even though FR/LG added the Sevii Islands, I still don't think that because of those islands that it will have another remake.

Sushimmi

Transformice <3
    Years
  • How can the kan to be boring?
    I mean its not boring...
    It brings back memories
    Yes it maybe old

No they shouldn't, that's insane. Even if they did they can only release one gen in a year and that's four gens more. They would have already come up with a new hardware!

Just stick to one remake per hardware, thanks

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I really wouldn't be interested in another Kanto remake. Keeping in mind that you return to Kanto in the Johto games, we've Kanto in four sets of games now (5 even if you count Yellow). Not to mention the original 151 pokemon have been around for so long now, and most of them appear in every generation anyway.

A huge part of the fun of pokemon for me is discovering new and mysterious worlds and the creatures that inhabit them. I'm sure a Kanto remake in 3D would be beautiful, but do I really want to pick between Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander again? Do I really want to fight Brock's Onix, Misty's Starmie or Surge's Raichu again? Sure, new moves, new megas and whatnot would make is slightly different, but it's not enough to capture the imagination a third time over.

Part of what made Red and Blue so much fun were things like wondering whether useless fish Magikarp evolved into the dragon looking thing below it in the pokedex and finding out that in fact it did. Or searching desperately for a Pikachu and finally finding one way back in Viridian Forest which is only level 3 while the rest of your pokemon are in their 50s.

So long story short, I would much prefer newer experiences than an old one with a new coat of paint. I'm not completely anti-remakes, but I feel like 1 remake for each set of games is enough and anymore would be overkill.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    I expect Gen 1 remakes to never happen. Since we already got FireRed/LeafGreen, they were considered remakes. As much as I would like to have another remake. I only expect them to release it for the long awaited GameBoy Virtual software for the WiiU, Or possibly a 3Ds release.

27thColt

The Collector
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2023
    Kanto has been seen in the first 4 GENERATIONS of pokemon already. It is enough. Good idea, but let us bring the spotlight to other regions first.

I just don't see a reason to remake Kanto simply because it appeared in 2 remakes, that's all.

Technically, that was 3 remakes. The first was in color in GSC. Too much Kanto.

How can the kan to be boring?
    I mean its not boring...
    It brings back memories
    Yes it maybe old

That is because nostalgia is blinding you. Take out all the memories. Generation 2? KANTO. Generation 3? KANTO. Generation 4? KANTO.

I think we've had enough Kanto for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I think that the next Pokemon game after ORAS shouldn't be a remake, and instead should be a spin off or new generation that brings in new mechanics and features. I feel like we'll get a Kanto remake eventually, since it's realllyyy old but not for a while yet.

Wanderer Miror B.

The user formerly known as Orrefan8888
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2017
    I'd be okay with a Yellow remake for 3DS or even Wii U as an anniversary thing, but I don't see a need to bring back another version of Red, Blue, Green, FireRed, and LeafGreen again. The whole "Kanto is in Johto too, so it should never be used again" argument doesn't make much sense to me though. It's a pretty different experience in G/S/C than in R/B.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Yes but as a full version it's incredibly similar between HgSs and FrLg, just with a lot better graphics.

Personally I'd still lap up a further remakes (if I ever get a 3DS/2DS) just to get a chance of actually completing the original pokédex (or any pokédex for that matter, it might be possible for me to do the Johto pokédex in HeartGold but it'd involve a lot of restarts and migration, and I think I would still be short by a couple of pokémon).

AshtheIVth

I want Kingdom Hearts 3 now!!
    Years
  • I'm sure they'd let her keep that stupid cow. Never had so many problems with a gym for some reason..

I have to agree, whitney's Miltank for some reason just kept dominating me, if i remember correct, i had to poison it and then constantly revive my pkmn just til the poison made it faint! Arrgghhh so frustrating!

Back