• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Just the Classics~ Original 151 Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
Years
Favorite Gen 1 electic type

[FONT=c3b28079feda88150b2e2f30#cc0400]
Favorite Gen I Electric-type?
[/FONT]

My favorite Gen 1 electric type would be Jolteon. Because it's really fast, looks cool and has a high critical hit ratio in the original games as crits were based off of speed.

Unrelated Scentance
I also noticed that this post takes my points talley to 151. 149 +2

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
The only downside to having a Pikachu in Yellow is that you can't evolve it. I remember playing through Yellow for the first time and I was scouring all around Kanto for a thunderstone, then I was told about not evolving. I was bummed. xD

I played Red, and got my Pikachu in Viridian Forest (they were a pain to find imo), and trained it up to L25 and reached Celadon City to buy the Thunderstone.

I agree. Pikachu, in itself is not really a workable Pokemon. I mean, it is able to take down some Pokemon, but it had a hard time catching up with some of my mons in the elite four.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Great userbar and baneer, SS!
Jolteon because it's quite powerful and I really like Jolteon for its design and speed.

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
I also love the Bellsprout and Gastly line.

I've always been a fan of Pikachu because I think his design is cute and awesome and I like how cheerful he is. Another one I like, which I forgot to say in my first post would be Electrode. Watching someone's walk-though on pokemon yellow made me appreciate the thing more even though I've never used it in my team before.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I never used neither a Voltorb or an Electrode in my party either. I also hated battling them as well. Once they use Explosion or Selfdestruct, they eliminate my whole team (except my last Pokemon...which is good. :P).

Oh, and I just found this gif of Pikachu trying to cheer up Togepi. xD
Spoiler:

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Favorite Generation 1 Electricity type? Let's see here...this is hard to sort out.

Back during the Generation 1 days, I was very fond of Raichu, for sure was my very favorite during that time, prior to Generation 3 that is. (When I met Latias and came across Espeon, Raichu kinda faded for me!). No doubt that Raichu is still the cutest and probably the one Pokemon I would love to have as a pet, top 5-ish to this day.

But to choose my favorite or my most likeable NOW? There are so many Electricity type after Generation 1 I've foresee that I haven't really focused on them much, with the exception of Magnezone (Magnemite/ton's family). I would have to say Zapdos I guess, excluding the Legendary status. The ability to avoid Ground type attacks is amazing as an Electric type. As a mono-Electric alone, it's a tie between Raichu and Jolteon for certain. I should mention, I think Jolteon is a Charizard of Electric types from Generation 1!

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Favorite Generation 1 Electricity type? Let's see here...this is hard to sort out.

Back during the Generation 1 days, I was very fond of Raichu, for sure was my very favorite during that time, prior to Generation 3 that is. (When I met Latias and came across Espeon, Raichu kinda faded for me!). No doubt that Raichu is still the cutest and probably the one Pokemon I would love to have as a pet, top 5-ish to this day.

But to choose my favorite or my most likeable NOW? There are so many Electricity type after Generation 1 I've foresee that I haven't really focused on them much, with the exception of Magnezone (Magnemite/ton's family). I would have to say Zapdos I guess, excluding the Legendary status. The ability to avoid Ground type attacks is amazing as an Electric type. As a mono-Electric alone, it's a tie between Raichu and Jolteon for certain. I should mention, I think Jolteon is a Charizard of Electric types from Generation 1!
RAAAAAICHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!
I always thought I was alone in loving it, LOL. It's probably tied with Electrode.
I never used neither a Voltorb or an Electrode in my party either. I also hated battling them as well. Once they use Explosion or Selfdestruct, they eliminate my whole team (except my last Pokemon...which is good. :P).

Oh, and I just found this gif of Pikachu trying to cheer up Togepi. xD
Spoiler:
Haha, yeah, they are rather annoying to battle xD Oh my gosh that gif is adorable \o/

Okies, new topic.. (I like to do this whenever a club gets a bit inactive, tell me if I'm going through them too fast lmao)

Was there anything you didn't like about Generation I?

As for myself.. Not much xD The worse thing probably is the lack of shiny Pokemon, which I'm obsessed with, lol. Other than that, Kanto's kinda small I guess, but generally Gen I's amazing!

Just realized this brings my post count to 151 XD

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
The only thing I didn't like about Generation I was the game-destroying glitches that could occur. Such as, improperly abusing Missingno. could cause your game to become corrupted, corrupt your Hall of Fame entries, etc. There's also the glitch that if you grind your starter to evolution before getting your Pokedex, you won't be able to progress. >.<

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
The only thing that kinda bothered me about Generation 1 was the Elite Four. I remember having to grind my Pokemon team like crazy just to face the first E4, which was Lorelei. Since it was an Ice-Type trainer, I had to grind my Ninetales to L60 just so it'd be easier to beat her. Honestly, the E4 was a lot harder than beating Gary/Blue.

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
The only thing that kinda bothered me about Generation 1 was the Elite Four. I remember having to grind my Pokemon team like crazy just to face the first E4, which was Lorelei. Since it was an Ice-Type trainer, I had to grind my Ninetales to L60 just so it'd be easier to beat her. Honestly, the E4 was a lot harder than beating Gary/Blue.
Agreed. Blue was actually easy after facing the elite 4.
I also disliked the lack of a special attack/defence split and the ghost type glitch where they don't affect physic types. Combining these two and the phycics become rulers of the roost. One of the main reasons for the introduction of dark and steel types was to shift the balence of power away from the likes of Alakazam.

Huggie

Mewtwo lover :3
Years

I really don't understand why the elite 4 were such a trouble for you guys....I remember I beat them easily. What I didn't like was the whole thing you had to go through in order to wake up those Snorlax...I didn't know english well enough (I was only 6 back then) and it took me ages to find how to wake them up...That and the fact that HM Surf was inside the Safari...I couldn't reach it within the step limit...:P

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013

I really don't understand why the elite 4 were such a trouble for you guys....I remember I beat them easily.
How?? Tell me your secret!
It was the level gap between the last trainers you fight and the elite four members mainly, it just meant a ton of grinding. I actually did fine once I got past the first one. I forget her name but her Dewgong and Slowbro gave me lots of trouble. I usually didn't have electric types because Pikachu-Raichu becomes a little weak later on (also Pikachu is too mainstream ;) ) and I forget to go to the powerplant.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I remember having Articuno and Zapdos on my team one time, and I still couldn't get past Lorelei. Yeah, sometimes when you end up having an underleveled team, it's impossible to get through the E4 easily. My way is to get your Pokemon up to L60+ and you'll be okay by going through them.

Huggie

Mewtwo lover :3
Years
How?? Tell me your secret!
It was the level gap between the last trainers you fight and the elite four members mainly, it just meant a ton of grinding. I actually did fine once I got past the first one. I forget her name but her Dewgong and Slowbro gave me lots of trouble. I usually didn't have electric types because Pikachu-Raichu becomes a little weak later on (also Pikachu is too mainstream ;) ) and I forget to go to the powerplant.

Secret?? I have no secret :P I just remember that by the time I challenged Giovanni in yellow my pokemon where at about 58-60 lv. Giovanni was always the easiest badge as my beloved sweeper Lapras was far too strong for him and then the indigo plateau was a hard, but nothing special, battle... I don't remember my team very well but I always had Charizard, a Pidgeot , Lapras and jolteon or Blastoise pidgeot Arcanine and jolteon.
(I never liked venusaur ;P) Lorelei was not very hard (although that slowbro was a pain) The hardest for me was agatha...but again nothing special...
I also took advantage of types...I always had the type advantage so even if underleveled i could still have the upper hand

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
Years
Was there anything you didn't like about Gen 1?

The 3 things i didn't like about Gen 1 were very minor such as:

All moves related to Wrap - Lets be honest Wrap related moves = Death in Gen 1 and were like the best moves ever.

Sleep takes forever to wear off

Some of the TMs weren't the best moves (eg Water Gun, Horn Drill, Teleport)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Was there anything you didn't like about Gen 1?
The type match-ups being wrong; that really annoyed me haha. Not that I knew at the time, but it annoys me now that I do know about it x] The only other thing I didn't really like was how slow everything was; it took forever to read text or even more around with how slow the games were - compared to the current ones at least. Oh, it was also annoying needing to waste a move on Flash and constantly running into annoying Pokemon like Zubats and Geodudes, but that applies to most of the games in some way or another x]

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Out of all the generations. Generation 1 was the most frustrating. It took me about 3 years to actually complete it because of data corruption, glitches and my aunt restarting the games without telling me. I also found the trainers, gym leaders and elite four much more harder on this game then in later generations. Including the remakes. I had a scramble challenge on Yellow and I believe that games are much harder.

However, I still feel it's very awarding when you defeat Blue/Gary/Rival.

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around in a while. Now that I'm back, how about a new topic: (Making a small exception to the offtopic rule, I think its understandable):

What did Gen I have that the other Gens didn't have?

For me, the answer is originality. "Let's make a snake. Let's make a bird. Let's make a dog." I like that I can look at Gen I Pokemon and not have to wonder what its based on.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
it was very slow and i wasted many hours searching for Surf in the safari zone :P

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
What did Gen I have that the other Gens didn't have?
A glitch that gives you access to loads of Master Balls, Rare Candies, Max Revives, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back