• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Expert Emerald~ FINAL BETA RELEASED (Project Complete)

Overall Hack Rating!

• ★★★★★

Votes: 756 69.3%
  • ★★★★

Votes: 230 21.1%
  • ★★★

Votes: 60 5.5%
  • ★★

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • Votes: 35 3.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
Really nice hack! Lots of fun to be had, though some of the boss fights are completely broken, hahaha.

Currently completely stuck at the space center "double battle". If not buffing Steven was intentional, I hate you. :P

You should level up your pokemon some more before taking on the boss battle in the space center.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 9, 2014
Blissey is unbelievable overpowered. With a defence now equal to its special defence it tanks all attacks with ease. Couple this with toxic and softboiled and I can easily sweep entire teams with a lower level blissey. It makes all other pokemon look like scrubs

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
Blissey is unbelievable overpowered. With a defence now equal to its special defence it tanks all attacks with ease. Couple this with toxic and softboiled and I can easily sweep entire teams with a lower level blissey. It makes all other pokemon look like scrubs

I know what you're saying man, I had trouble taking out Norman's Blissey and it almost KO'ed my entire team.

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I think Norman is strong, but not so much to complain about lol. I finished the latest beta a while ago so my memory may be off, but I think I just raised my pokemon to around the early to mid 40's and made sure they had the right EV's. When you get the Macho Brace from the Winstrate's it makes training your pokemon way easier. I remember I wanted to use a Ninetales (Drought is a sick ability), so I trained in Route 110 by taking out Roselia and Xatu for Special Attack, and Plusle and Minun for Speed. For physical attackers I go to Route 104, the grass to the left of Petalburg, and beat a bunch of male Nidoran and Paras. I prefer this over just overleveling your team.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 5, 2014
Love this hack. It's nice to have a bit of a challenge of any sorts in the Pokemon games.

Quick question. I've just been to Naval Rock to capture Lugia. Turns out it was shiny...
I used an emulator on my phone which didn't allow me to have several save states on it & I saved straight after capturing it.

Is the shiny Lugia actually part of the hack or did I just hit the jackpot???

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Love this hack. It's nice to have a bit of a challenge of any sorts in the Pokemon games.

Quick question. I've just been to Naval Rock to capture Lugia. Turns out it was shiny...
I used an emulator on my phone which didn't allow me to have several save states on it & I saved straight after capturing it.

Is the shiny Lugia actually part of the hack or did I just hit the jackpot???

Likely just lucky. I don't think I even passed Fortree, so I wouldn't know. (gotta love burning out on games, huh {XD})
Anyway, congrats.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 6, 2016
My girlfriend and I had never played a gen 3 game, so I told her to go download a 386 version of emerald and somehow she stumbled upon this. I've been playing it a lot, but no real complaints other than it requires a lot of grinding. Even on an emulator with speedups, it still requires a lot of grinding. Even with a lucky egg that I thief'd off a chansey, it's still a bit rough.

46 Ninjask
45 Meganium
46 Swampert
45 Gorebyss (Pearl)
44 Kadabra
43 Donphan (shiny)

Trying to fight Norman well...normally didn't go so well. After my third try, I just used meganium to set up walls and sword danced with ninjask. On my overall fifth try (second of the walls/dance), I luckily swept his team. None of my other pokemon could really do damage to any of his. Not really sure what to do at this rate other than fight in the grind-grass on route 115 for a few hours.

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
My girlfriend and I had never played a gen 3 game, so I told her to go download a 386 version of emerald and somehow she stumbled upon this. I've been playing it a lot, but no real complaints other than it requires a lot of grinding. Even on an emulator with speedups, it still requires a lot of grinding. Even with a lucky egg that I thief'd off a chansey, it's still a bit rough.

46 Ninjask
45 Meganium
46 Swampert
45 Gorebyss (Pearl)
44 Kadabra
43 Donphan (shiny)

Trying to fight Norman well...normally didn't go so well. After my third try, I just used meganium to set up walls and sword danced with ninjask. On my overall fifth try (second of the walls/dance), I luckily swept his team. None of my other pokemon could really do damage to any of his. Not really sure what to do at this rate other than fight in the grind-grass on route 115 for a few hours.

At the very least, grinding is gonna get easier since the Routes that lead to Fortree have level 50 pokemon in the grass. And since you just got Surf, you can get Ice Beam now which helps for the Flying Gym. Unfortunately you don't have a pokemon that can learn Thunderbolt tho. (Another quick tip, if your Gorebyss has Swift Swim, make sure to give it Rain Dance when you get the chance. It makes it twice as fast and Surf one-hits just about everything in the rain.)

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jan 31, 2014
Could anyone please tell me how to get Roserade? I've googled and have come up empty. It gets mentioned once or twice on these forums but nobody explains it. I've got a level 40 Roselia, at what level does she evolve, or what stone do I need and where from?

Cheers!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 24, 2014
can somebody link me the file with all pokemon locations and ways to obtain them? that'd be sick. thanks (:

HoennTM

Will my hack be done soon? Probably not.
Years
Could anyone please tell me how to get Roserade? I've googled and have come up empty. It gets mentioned once or twice on these forums but nobody explains it. I've got a level 40 Roselia, at what level does she evolve, or what stone do I need and where from?

Cheers![/QUOTE.

Roserade is a Gen 4 Pokemon. This is a gen 3 Game. You cant get it/

D3M0NIX

|Dead things go bump in the night|
Years
Really nice hack! Lots of fun to be had, though some of the boss fights are completely broken, hahaha.

Currently completely stuck at the space center "double battle". If not buffing Steven was intentional, I hate you. :P

Actually that part at the space center i believe was kind of pointless, considering it was a double battle. Shouldn't steven be on par with team magma's admin and leader's pokemon? Cause one hit to his pokemon just wipes them out then you're left with just your team. Which i used all water types and still was beaten five or six times, especialy since my pokemon were like 10 levels above team magmas. It just don't seem fair, considering steven at the end has like level 100 pokemon. I just think that needs to be changed. That's my opinion.

blue

gucci
Years

Beta 1.4 Release

After weeks of hard work, frustration and several attempts; I've finally managed to release Beta 1.4. The main purpose of this release was reverting back to the RSE animated sprites as requested by many users, there are also plenty of new features and additions included too!

• Added an NPC who gifts you a Beldum Egg early on in-game, this is so that you don't have to wait until Steven gives you Beldum as a Pokémon. You can still receive one from Steven however.
  • Inserted a couple of battles with Rival Wally, since you can only battle him at Mauville City and Victory road, I thought it would be a good idea to add in a couple of extra battles! These will occur at various stages of the game.
  • Added an NPC who gifts you a Tyrogue Egg, with Tyrogue being a one-offish Pokémon, I thought it was more suitable to receive it as an Egg Pokémon.
  • Obviously as stated above, the RSE Sprites have returned.
  • Revamped a lot of the Gym Leaders & Elite Four teams and movesets to cater to the Gen III Physical/Special distribution. In other words it's a little more challenging and tactical.
  • Changed the location of a few legendaries/events for ease of access i.e Squirtle can now be found at Route 123, you no longer require Waterfall.
  • Added an NPC who sells MooMoo Milks in Lavaridge Town, since MooMoo Milks are fair-priced useful items for healing, they will always come in handy within a challenging game like this.
  • Changed up some movesets and abilities to Pokémon, all of these changes can be found in the Documents included with the download
  • Redistributed some of the stats to make it a little more balanced, again these can be found in the Documents.
  • A minor note that I have expanded the list of Berries for sale in Mauville to include Stat-Enhancing Berries etc.
  • Added NPC in Verdanturf Town who sells Heart Scales at a reasonable-ish price, now it should be easier to re-learn moves to some of your team members... if you have enough money of course!
  • Added a Dusclops event to Mt. Pyre for the sake of having more events and making the game a little more entertaining!
  • Added the Light Ball to Route 117 which was previously unobtainable through pick-up in Pokémon Emerald.
  • Amended any OW glitches and Fixed any miscellaneous bugs i.e movement, maps etc.

Notes

*I Will be releasing an alternate version of 1.4 to include all the BW Updated Sprites once the Resizing Project for the first three generations is completed.

*Made several attempts to ammend the corrupted cries of several Pokémon, however that resulted in even more Pokémon having corrupt cries and some of the exsisting ones were unable to be fixed. So until I can find a fix for the cries, they're going to remain as they are for the time being.

*Removed the Elite Four Rematches; the reasoning behind this is that they're a little difficult to locate, not to mention that you can re-battle the Elite Four as many times with the same set levels which contradicts the rematches at the Battle Frontier.

Screenshots from Beta 1.4

Wally3.png
MoreBerries.png
Dusclops3.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 12, 2014
Hi, a question: I've patched the 1.4 version .ips file onto my previous 1.36 file, but I loaded it with my 1.36 patch file and it was working, with no changes? So does that mean I have to restart my game from scratch to have the 1.4 changes working?
Note: I'm using a Gameboy emulator(My Boy) and playing on an android.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Hi, a question: I've patched the 1.4 version .ips file onto my previous 1.36 file, but I loaded it with my 1.36 patch file and it was working, with no changes? So does that mean I have to restart my game from scratch to have the 1.4 changes working?
Note: I'm using a Gameboy emulator(My Boy) and playing on an android.

Patch it on a clean rom for best results.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Oh! Good work bro and congratulations on the completation of the project!

Back