• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Expert Emerald~ FINAL BETA RELEASED (Project Complete)

Overall Hack Rating!

• ★★★★★

Votes: 756 69.3%
  • ★★★★

Votes: 230 21.1%
  • ★★★

Votes: 60 5.5%
  • ★★

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • Votes: 35 3.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Then I would have to play from the start.
Is there anyway to transfer the progress from the previous version to 1.4?

The save file and rom is separated...patching on a clean rom and replacing this newly patched rom over the old one should work.

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2024
Hey! Thanks a lot for updating this wonderful hack :)
2 problems I've found so far- the Aqua Team guy that gives Tyrogue egg does that multiple times- for me, he was there twice and gave me the Tyrogue egg twice (hatched them and confirmed it's 2 level 5 Tyrogues).

Another small thing- when I got to the family house where you fight 4 trainers above Mauville, they were in the house and had the dialogue they have AFTER you beat them, including the Macho Brace, but I didn't get the chance to fight them.

EDIT: I'll edit this as I go-

after you go up from Mauville, near the mountain entrance there is a girl but you cannot interact with her- also, curiously, there is a wailmer-like object stuck in the mountain, looks like a glitch.

Combusken learns Fire Punch before turning into Blaziken, then Blaziken learns Blaze Kick, then at level 38 Blaziken learns the inferior Fire Punch.

The upper right stone in Lavaridge is not interact-able.

Regarding Squirtle- I sailed east from Mauville and got near the berry garden where Squirtle is found- you can see him, but when you get near him he dissappears. However, when I went up to pick up the berries then down again he reappears.

In the Castform building, you can talk to the doctor immediately upon reaching the second floor and get Castform, and then you get it again in a slightly bugged dialogue after beating the Aqua Leader there (and you cannot talk to the two gentlemen in the room to your left).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 5, 2015
Hey! Thanks a lot for updating this wonderful hack :)
2 problems I've found so far- the Aqua Team guy that gives Tyrogue egg does that multiple times- for me, he was there twice and gave me the Tyrogue egg twice (hatched them and confirmed it's 2 level 5 Tyrogues).

Another small thing- when I got to the family house where you fight 4 trainers above Mauville, they were in the house and had the dialogue they have AFTER you beat them, including the Macho Brace, but I didn't get the chance to fight them.

EDIT: I'll edit this as I go-

after you go up from Mauville, near the mountain entrance there is a girl but you cannot interact with her- also, curiously, there is a wailmer-like object stuck in the mountain, looks like a glitch.

Combusken learns Fire Punch before turning into Blaziken, then Blaziken learns Blaze Kick, then at level 38 Blaziken learns the inferior Fire Punch.

The upper right stone in Lavaridge is not interact-able.

I went to get my beldum egg and had the same glitch not even 30 minutes ago. Not sure what's up with that.

You listed several things, to be specific it's the glitch with the lady not giving you the egg, and seeing weird objects in the mountains/trees.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 5, 2015
I'll re-release the patch this week fixing the errors that are listed and any more that I come across when checking. Thanks for reporting them!

When you release a patch will it be possible to use the same save file or would it require restarting the game entirely?

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2022
I'll re-release the patch this week fixing the errors that are listed and any more that I come across when checking. Thanks for reporting them!

Hah, and I was just about to download and patch up my ROM, guess I'll wait.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2022
First of all thanks for the hack, I've played your Complex Crystal one and it was great, I'm sure this will be too!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2024
Continuation of bug reports-

I just revisited Lavaridge and for some reason the 4 elemental stones (including the bugged one) respawned. Also, not quite a bug, but I only just noticed now that the Wally kid is there. He doesn't aggro when I cross his path and he's pretty well hidden, perhaps that should be changed?

There's a trainer in Route 123 with level 30 pokemon. He's near the bottom of the ledges and he's a part of a double-battle, both trainers are male with yellow hair.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Sep 19, 2022
Hello, I know this is my first post but I thought I would introduce myself anyways. I really can't wait to try out this patch. And I just looked at the stat changes, they look interesting my only complaint is flareon didn't get its special attack and defense switched. That would have made a world of difference in my honest opinion since its misused potential. But overall I like the work you put into your patch. Looking forward to playing it

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2022
Just wondering though. Do you think you could implement a physical/special split? My bad if this topic has been discussed already. It's just that there's this guy in the community that has a patch for the split by the name of DoesntKnowHowToPlay, and I thought maybe you could use his patch in your hack? :-)

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
Years
I've talked with you before but I got my hands on this as a zip somewhere and I saw a couple of bugs, none are harmful, idk if its part of the game but the Pokémon thar are static stay after the screen transition and then disappear. Also in Maulville, there is a heartschale on the left of game corner that respawns after the game is loaded. It also happens to the HS in fallabor town. In fallabor town in the PokéMart the three ele stones are there but pick up TS and it respawns in the corner, pick up other two and then TS again and take one step away and TS is back there again. Can keep collecting and selling them. On the Winstrate Family in the house Brendan (using girl) is in the top left corner, I have a screenshot of it.

And I am stucl at over 12 hrs of play time and only 4 badges xD trainers are easy just Norman is being a meanie, love it though.

Edit: idk if this has been talked about but Torchic to Blaziken have messed up cries.... it sounds like the game was chewing on metal or something.

Last edited:

BasedNate

ImDaBes
Years
I would've give this rom hack a 10 if it wasn't for that unnecessary Attack Power & Type Changes.

*Sigh* This rom was almost a perfect Emerald hack for me. I respect the hell out of you for making this hack though. It's just that in my opinion, you shouldn't tamper with changing types, attack moves, etc... :/

Years
I was looking for a 386 hack to get all the pokemon but i didnt like the stat and move changes in this hack so i never played it past the first/second town

Anyway now that i got the legit event pokemon i can finish the original emerald with 386 pokemon xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 19, 2014
I just downloaded this yesterday, and I have never played an emerald/ruby/sapphire version, but I'm kinda stuck. For your tips and tricks, you say that we can obtain all six elemental stones from the lady at the beginning of route 118, but when I went there, no one was selling anything. I talked to everyone at route 118 and nothing.
I'm also confused about the route 117 rematch. I talked to triathlete Maria again, but she didn't want to battle. I tried calling her too, but no rematch.

Are there any ways around these?

Years
I just downloaded this yesterday, and I have never played an emerald/ruby/sapphire version, but I'm kinda stuck. For your tips and tricks, you say that we can obtain all six elemental stones from the lady at the beginning of route 118, but when I went there, no one was selling anything. I talked to everyone at route 118 and nothing.
I'm also confused about the route 117 rematch. I talked to triathlete Maria again, but she didn't want to battle. I tried calling her too, but no rematch.

Are there any ways around these?

About the lady of route 118 if you surf to the other side it still belongs to route 118 and that's where the lady is. You can even see her on screenshots.

On route 117 i have the same problem as you. Actually nobody wants to battle again with me right now and i think that's a little weird. Right now i'm in the 5th gym i think (norman gym).

dirkac

scarfmaster asterisk
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 3, 2023
About the lady of route 118 if you surf to the other side it still belongs to route 118 and that's where the lady is. You can even see her on screenshots.

On route 117 i have the same problem as you. Actually nobody wants to battle again with me right now and i think that's a little weird. Right now i'm in the 5th gym i think (norman gym).

Yeah, that would be because Match Calls (the Rematch function) don't start appearing until after you beat Norman.

Back