• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why is Red appearing every where now?

Leviane

Rookie Trainer
Years
(If this isn't in the right place, please move it or remove it (Tell me if it does so I don't get worried))

My question is short, but it just bothers me (don't know why).

Why Red gets to be in the other games!?

He appears in Red and Fire Red as the main character.

In Gold and Heart Gold, He is the ultimate trainer to battle.

Now Black 2 and White 2 as a Trainer in the Tournament (I think it was World Tour Tournament)

In the Tornament, You fight the other Gym Leaders from other regions (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh) (I saw sprites of them in the Sprite Resource) ( Sorry If this spoils the fun...)

What ever happened to the other trainers?

Ethan/ Silver ( He is Silver not the rival! I have the Pokemon Gold (GBC) guide (The book inside the box) and it says that Proffesor Elm was waiting for Silver. Proffesor Elm couldn't have known about the rival and that he was gonna get robbed, He only knew about the main character.)was a great trainer! He should have been part of the game.

Brendan was the coolest trainer I've ever used. Where would you find another white hair trainer?

Lucas was my favorite trainer, I would like to see him again.

And maybe the Black and White trainer (Hilbert was it?), he could have been in the game, but with a different outfit, since its 2 years later and Bianca and Cheren have changed there outfits.

The Girls could also been in the game (If they did, they had better put Cristal (or was it Kris?), cause she WAS the first girl ever and I played as her when I was a kid, she is my favorite female trainer.)

Its not fair that Red steals the spot light from all these great trainers that Nintendo has made. It would be great to see them in future games.

Well, Sorry that is long, I couldn't thought about putting it in a shorter way. Like I said before, if its in the wrong place please move or remove it, everyone makes mistakes. Thanks for reading this LONG thread, I hope you liked it. Have a great time everyone!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Red is the only PC recognized as a Champion. None of the others recieved that title officially in their respective games so they don't appear. Since he only appears in the champion tournament, it wouldn't have madesense not to include him.

Leviane

Rookie Trainer
Years
Oh! Ok! (Even though all the Pokemon game's main goal is get to the Pokemon League and be the champion, but Red did a lot of achievements in his time...) Thanks XanderO, that help me think a little bit more about it. Looks like Red does deserve to be in most games, since he is the ultimate challenge.

Leviane

Rookie Trainer
Years
Also Brendan doesn't have white hair, it's actually a hat.

What!? Your serious!? I've always thought he had white hair! cause since it look like he was wearng a Head Band, I tought it was his hair. No wonder under the Head Band it was black...

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Red appears in extra games because of his backstory, and he doesn't appear in any games outside of said backstory. He sticks to being the main protagonist in R/B/Y and FR/LG and is the 'Champion' of the game in HG/SS, so he gets his special cameo on Mt. Silver. Now, if he appears in any other game I'd be more lenient towards hoping for other characters to get special appearances too but right now it all makes sense. :I

K1ngQu33n

Poke K1ng
Years
Now that you mention it, I think I do see red everywhere. Let me get this right.

HG - Mt.Silver?
B/W - Elite Four Champion?

I forgot D/P and Emerald, Could he be the rival on Leaf-Green?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Now that you mention it, I think I do see red everywhere. Let me get this right.

HG - Mt.Silver?

If I remember correctly, Red also became champ in FR/LG, due to the fact that both games are remakes of the original Red/Blue.

But yeah, I kinda noticed how Red is in every single generation so far, for the reason XanderO said.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Red's basically one of the first kids to go be champion.
Before Blue entered the hall of fame, there was no Champion, just the E4.
Red beats Blue before news can reach the public about Blue being the Champ. So, news reaches out the Red is the first champion.

He appears in every generation in my opinion for that sole reason. HE started the whole Champion Craze.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Because he was the original player character in the original games, which are responsible for the initial success of the Pokemon concept as a whole. And because of that, Game Freak love him. That's my guess, anyways.

Years
Why is Lt. Surge appearing everywhere now? He was a gym leader in FR/LG, HG/SS, and B2/W2.

This trait isn't just exclusive to Red. There's alot of characters appearing in multiple games. Its nothing new, tons of games have recurring characters.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I hate him. IMO the worst aspect of the games. He's not the "ultimate" anything; his team is horribly weak. His only claim to fame (which others have mentioned, and according to GF's logic) is that he was the first protagonist and they chose to cram him in the next set of games. Doesn't change the fact that I'm sick of him getting preferential treatment because of that. His fifteen minutes of fame (shame?) should've been up long ago, but GF continues to string him along and, like it or not, gamers have to play along. I know I'd be perfectly fine if he never reared his ugly head again.

But at least the other protagonists aren't suffering defeat after crushing defeat like he is. So in that sense, maybe it's better that the others don't show up.

tl;dr: He's there because he's the first (but hardly the best), I don't like it, but that's out of our hands and in GF's hands.

Oh, and there was a female protagonist in FR/LG too. Just sayin'. Of course if the assumption is that none of the others' journeys resulted in the championship title either, it's a moot point, but still...

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2012
I want Red and the other trainers to have appearances in other games.
I also believe Ethan and Brendan are the same people.

JaySawn

Weedle Weedle Wee -Patrimon?
Years
I hate him. IMO the worst aspect of the games. He's not the "ultimate" anything; his team is horribly weak. His only claim to fame (which others have mentioned, and according to GF's logic) is that he was the first protagonist and they chose to cram him in the next set of games. Doesn't change the fact that I'm sick of him getting preferential treatment because of that. His fifteen minutes of fame (shame?) should've been up long ago, but GF continues to string him along and, like it or not, gamers have to play along. I know I'd be perfectly fine if he never reared his ugly head again.

But at least the other protagonists aren't suffering defeat after crushing defeat like he is. So in that sense, maybe it's better that the others don't show up.

tl;dr: He's there because he's the first (but hardly the best), I don't like it, but that's out of our hands and in GF's hands.

Oh, and there was a female protagonist in FR/LG too. Just sayin'. Of course if the assumption is that none of the others' journeys resulted in the championship title either, it's a moot point, but still...

Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion ; still there's no reason to hate on him cause he appears in every generation to this date , and his looks/team don't meet up to your standards .

Every trainer/person has their capabilities and skills , each and every one of them has a role in life , and everyone of them are best at something they do ; Ash/Red is probably one of the most skilled people to become a champion and one of the best . The way he treats his pokemon with kindness and encouragement to the max is rare in a trainer on a journey to be a champion .

How do you think he won so many battles? His natural bonding with pokemon and battle skills gets him that far .

Take pokemon conquest for instance , you play as a young warlord who just started off with no kingdoms , he/she eventually became top warlord who defeated nobunaga's army and restored peace to the ransei region .

Red is just one of the people that stand out as a role model , his play in the field gets him where he's at , others do the same .

Also to cover up why he gets so much attention...

the main pokemon games are Pokemon Red > to Pokemon B&W2

Which was the first pokemon game to come out with the main character of the game? RED! Which will get remembered and treasured as the best trainer first? RED!! And finally , Which trainer was "Born to be a Winner" first? RED!!!

OMG IT'S SO SIMPLE! :D

And btw you think his team sucks when he defeats almost every trainer with most of his stage 1 pokes :)

~ Jay

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

As mentioned countless times before, Green (Blue in japan) {no not leaf} does not exist outside of fire red or leaf green. She would not exist if gamefreak didn't fear potential lawsuits for not including the femal protagonist option in fr/lg. Essentially, canon wise she does not exist on the story.

While its your opinion, i'm telling you now i am not going to tolerate your religious hate spam about red in every post. If all you feel like doing is expressing your unwanted hatred of Red. Most of us do not care about your obession with green. If that is all you intend to post, please do not post and save us the trouble of having to repeat ourselves for the umpteenth time.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years

HG - Mt.Silver?

What? No, Alder is the Champion in B/W, silly. He's not in D/P or Emerald, and he's the male player character in FR/LG.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
Brendan doesn't have white hair. That's his cap/hat. You can see that he has black hair if you look closely enough.

Red has been in many games, he doesn't even appear to have gotten older after at least 5 years. G/S takes place 3 years after R/B/Y. B/W takes place after G/S. Remember that Team Rocket guy in Iccirus City? He has the same broken English as the Rocket Grunt in Cerulean City and says he moved away from Kanto after Team Rocket disbanded for the second time. Doesn't specify how many years since then iirc, but it implies it took place after G/S. The next years passed specified is that 2 years have passed between B/W and B/W2. It has been at least 5 years since R/B/Y's events. He was 11 when he started the journey, so he should at least be 16 by the events of B/W2. That's a lot of time passed for him to look exactly the same...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I would assume it's because he was the first playable character. He's the first person that most Pokemon fans assumed the role as, so he has a nostalgic value to him. I like that they acknowledge it, really. Cause well...it's not like kids today are gonna go back and wanna play RBY and be him, or even FRLG at this point, cause those games are getting on in years as well. So it's kinda like...know your roots, kids. idk. I'm sick so I don't think I make sense! :)

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
Years
Why is Red so famous?
Well, as mentioned above, he was the first and is definitely the most iconic trainer of the Pokemon Franchise. He's also totally awesome, after all, he went through Kanto without running shoes, and although I admit that he has a pretty "weak" team, it's pretty impressive that he went through everything with such a "weak" team.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
Ya, he's definitely not the only recurring character in the series. Remember that every game that Red has been is has also had the same Kanto Gym leaders in them, as far as I know. Assuming you can battle all the original gym leaders in BW2, you could be saying the same thing about, say, Brock.

Back