• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMT]First UU team

Veristical Blaze

Musician VS. Waterpolo xD
Years
Hello all,

Been gone quite awhile in the Pokemon Metagame and getting back into it since release of BW2.

I thought let's start playing something else then just OU and created this team, please rate it and help me spot any weaknesses :)

437.gif

Bronzong(-) @ Leftovers
Levitate
252 Hp / 228 Def / 28 SpD -- Sassy(+SpD, -Spe)

Earthquake
Toxic
Stealth Rock
Gyro Ball

330.gif

Flygon(M) @ Life Orb
Levitate
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe -- Jolly(+Spe, -SpA)

Earthquake
Outrage
Roost
Fire Punch

479-heat.gif

Rotom-H(-) @ Choice Specs
Levitate
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe -- Timid(+Spe, -Atk)

Overheat
Thunderbolt
HP Grass
Trick

214f.gif

Heracross(F) @ Leftovers
Moxie
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe -- Adamant(+Atk, - SpA)

Close Combat
Megahorn
Swords Dance
Stone Edge

356.gif

Dusclops(M) @ Eviolite
Pressure
252 HP / 68 Def / 188 SpD -- Impish(+Def, -SpA)

Rest
Sleep Talk
Will-o-Wisp
Seismic Toss

245.gif

Suicune(-) @ Leftovers
Pressure
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe -- Modest(+SpA, -Atk)

Surf
Calm Mind
Ice Beam
HP Electric

Well, that's it. Let me hear what you think ;)

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
A physically defensive spread is best for Bronzong, as this makes it a better check towards physical attackers like Snorlax (Relaxed with 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef).

Change Dusclops' EV spread to 252 HP/176 Def/80 SDef to help it take physical hits better. Or were you going for well-rounded bulk with your current spread?

Veristical Blaze

Years
Dusclops was intended to be allround bulk, I'll try the change in Bronzong's set. ;)

I'm also still split between using a team healer and not using it.. Any ideas on this?

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Apparently, your defensive Pokémon lack recovery. Umbreon should help in that case:
-Wish
-Foul Play/Payback
-Heal Bell/Toxic
-Protect
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
(maybe over Dusclops; idk)

Veristical Blaze

Years
Dusclops and Bronzong have proven themselves quite the useful Walls and many opponents didn't know what to do with them.

I think it will be the best if I replace Flygon, he performs much worse then back in DPP. Kinda bad, since I really like him :/ Ah well. I'll try that Umbreon Set ;)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hey there! :]

You're Defensive Pokemon do lack consistent, reliable recovery. I agree with PlatinumDude's Umbreon suggestion, if nothing it'll give Heal Bell support for Dusclops.

Also, and this depends on whether or not you choose to replace Flygon, but I wouldn't use Outrage. If you don't want Flygon to be locked into a Choice Band, than locking it into Outrage seems a little counter productive. I mean, there's definitely a benefit to using Outrage because you just can't replicate that power, but considering the Life Orb I'd recommend Dragon Claw.

Good luck!

Back