• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMT]First UU team

Veristical Blaze

Musician VS. Waterpolo xD
Years
  • Hello all,

Been gone quite awhile in the Pokemon Metagame and getting back into it since release of BW2.

I thought let's start playing something else then just OU and created this team, please rate it and help me spot any weaknesses :)

437.gif

Bronzong(-) @ Leftovers
    Levitate
    252 Hp / 228 Def / 28 SpD -- Sassy(+SpD, -Spe)

Earthquake
    Toxic
    Stealth Rock
    Gyro Ball

330.gif

Flygon(M) @ Life Orb
    Levitate
    252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe -- Jolly(+Spe, -SpA)

Earthquake
    Outrage
    Roost
    Fire Punch

479-heat.gif

Rotom-H(-) @ Choice Specs
    Levitate
    252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe -- Timid(+Spe, -Atk)

Overheat
    Thunderbolt
    HP Grass
    Trick

214f.gif

Heracross(F) @ Leftovers
    Moxie
    252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe -- Adamant(+Atk, - SpA)

Close Combat
    Megahorn
    Swords Dance
    Stone Edge

356.gif

Dusclops(M) @ Eviolite
    Pressure
    252 HP / 68 Def / 188 SpD -- Impish(+Def, -SpA)

Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Will-o-Wisp
    Seismic Toss

245.gif

Suicune(-) @ Leftovers
    Pressure
    252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe -- Modest(+SpA, -Atk)

Surf
    Calm Mind
    Ice Beam
    HP Electric

Well, that's it. Let me hear what you think ;)

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • A physically defensive spread is best for Bronzong, as this makes it a better check towards physical attackers like Snorlax (Relaxed with 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef).

Change Dusclops' EV spread to 252 HP/176 Def/80 SDef to help it take physical hits better. Or were you going for well-rounded bulk with your current spread?

Veristical Blaze

Years
  • Dusclops was intended to be allround bulk, I'll try the change in Bronzong's set. ;)

I'm also still split between using a team healer and not using it.. Any ideas on this?

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Apparently, your defensive Pokémon lack recovery. Umbreon should help in that case:
    -Wish
    -Foul Play/Payback
    -Heal Bell/Toxic
    -Protect
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Synchronize
    (maybe over Dusclops; idk)

Veristical Blaze

Years
  • Dusclops and Bronzong have proven themselves quite the useful Walls and many opponents didn't know what to do with them.

I think it will be the best if I replace Flygon, he performs much worse then back in DPP. Kinda bad, since I really like him :/ Ah well. I'll try that Umbreon Set ;)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey there! :]

You're Defensive Pokemon do lack consistent, reliable recovery. I agree with PlatinumDude's Umbreon suggestion, if nothing it'll give Heal Bell support for Dusclops.

Also, and this depends on whether or not you choose to replace Flygon, but I wouldn't use Outrage. If you don't want Flygon to be locked into a Choice Band, than locking it into Outrage seems a little counter productive. I mean, there's definitely a benefit to using Outrage because you just can't replicate that power, but considering the Life Orb I'd recommend Dragon Claw.

Good luck!

Back