• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] «Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» [OOC/SU][T]

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
haha we have a lot of high levelled participants, don't we? oh, and question since I can't remember from SAO; are there level caps for each floor?

also, zerin, I may not be the GM but you have 5 skills

Yeah we do :/ well… I don't think there is anything I can do about it now. I just hope some people will make low levelled characters.

Also, you and Machomuu are both right, that's why he wasn't accepted yet.

Wolfy- Facebook chat is easier.

YellowGardevoir

"Intend to? I already have."
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2015
And good God, those arts. They're hella powerful, they make my character's seem really weak by comparison (especially when you compare flurry attacks). I'd be surprised if she didn't instakill everything.
I feel the same way... But I don't think it will be a problem. We just need to come up with even better arts for the other four we get!

@PinkSaphire: I can lower my character's level if you want. It would make some sense anyway, seeing how he's not a beater or anything. :)

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
@Krazzikk - Here's your answer:
Martial Arts is an extra skill that can be unlocked by a certain quest :3 I can't give more information than that... you should just check the bulletin board every once in awhile~ Yes, i'm planning on creating one... but since i'm not the only GM, I should discuss the bulletin board idea with SD :3

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Yeah we do :/ well… I don't think there is anything I can do about it now. I just hope some people will make low levelled characters.
yuh. people have to remember personality. for instance, my character is a hardcore grinder and perfectionist and basically never sleeps (hence night vision as a skill!) and thus she spends all her time levelling up to be better than everyone. I can understand why dotcom is high level too, because defeating players would really bring up your experience. if your character is shy and hates confrontation though, if you want them a high level, you'd really have to think how (maybe they steal EXP by stealing kills at the last minute or get EXP from other skills like cooking (if that's possible????). as far as I can u understand is that even if you're low level, it won't take away any of the fun :)

my second choice for a character was actually gonna be a really lazy guy who just eats and bums around all day and hid behind others in battle haha

that's my 2 cents anyways

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
yuh. people have to remember personality. for instance, my character is a hardcore grinder and perfectionist and basically never sleeps (hence night vision as a skill!) and thus she spends all her time levelling up to be better than everyone. I can understand why dotcom is high level too, because defeating players would really bring up your experience. if your character is shy and hates confrontation though, if you want them a high level, you'd really have to think how (maybe they steal EXP by stealing kills at the last minute or get EXP from other skills like cooking (if that's possible????). as far as I can u understand is that even if you're low level, it won't take away any of the fun :)

my second choice for a character was actually gonna be a really lazy guy who just eats and bums around all day and hid behind others in battle haha

that's my 2 cents anyways
This is also why William is level 11. Given that he generally and mostly fights higher leveled enemies, he's level 11 (and he does so quite often). I didn't put him up to the cap since he indulges in cooking and forging and the like (which...I assume give you some exp. If not the use of it, at the very least the quests do). It's generally a mixture of the two things, as he often goes to higher levelled areas to get materials, for the sake of killing two birds with one stone.

But, given that I don't exactly know how fast one should level if they were to live like that or how much they would in a month, I'd be happy to lower it, if need be.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
I can level Maria Down a little bit she's level 15 but I can make her between 10 and 12, also need to make slight changes to my sword arts. Originally had her with a curved blade then changed my mind but forgot to make the changes in her Sword arts

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
haha we have a lot of high levelled participants, don't we? oh, and question since I can't remember from SAO; are there level caps for each floor?

also, zerin, I may not be the GM but you have 5 skills
Fixed, my mistake.

And good God, those arts. They're hella powerful, they make my character's seem really weak by comparison (especially when you compare flurry attacks). I'd be surprised if she didn't instakill everything.
I got rid of the percentages (I think people are getting confused on them.) and reworded it a bit. But how in the world are they overpowered? I imagine in most every game skills are stronger than regular attacks, otherwise why would you use them? Either way, I fixed it. Also, the first one is straight from the wiki.

Khawill

<3
Years
My character is also a heavy grinder, though not really as much until after the lock in.
I'm going to make a smaller SU for Rose consisting of Personality and Appearence, her history is irrelevant because she is a supporting character.

Years
Well guys just to let you know I'm working on a PKer to add a lil' more spice to this RP. Me n' dotcom can be a duo. Or rivals. Either way it'll make it a lot more interesting I'd imagine.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I got rid of the percentages (I think people are getting confused on them.) and reworded it a bit. But how in the world are they overpowered? I imagine in most every game skills are stronger than regular attacks, otherwise why would you use them? Either way, I fixed it. Also, the first one is straight from the wiki.
Well, 10-11 attacks, plus one that does 125% damage...that's crazy powerful, assuming that each strike is the power of a regular one. I was worried that my flurry might be OP. Having said that, those very well could be the standard (and of course, there's the chance that each struck is weaker, or much weaker than regular strikes), and my character could be severely underpowered, but I would think that, with at least attacks like the second one and the frequency at which an art can be used as referenced by the anime, it'd be pretty easy to take down much stronger enemies.

Last edited:

Khawill

<3
Years
In most games I play with multi-hit attacks, the attacks usually do 60% damage each (Still strong, but not overpowered). I think the balancing issue is that it stuns, does a massive strike, and them 10 smaller strikes. Doing 10X your damage is bad enough, but not being able to do anything while it is happening is worse. Add the massive strike, and you'll be a nuke.

If I may suggest, instead of stun, make it slow the target by 50% or less, each of the 10 strikes can do 60% damage in a flurry, then the next basic attack does 125% damage. Obviously this should have a high Cooldown period (Like once a battle).

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Either way, I removed the percentages. I think something was off in my head writing it out.

Also, I set the final strike to "heightened chance to stun". I do this because in Sword Art all attacks have a chance to stun, the move would just be more likely.

Also, the cooldown isn't totally necessary, as the skill can only be activated under a specific circumstance.

Years
If we have a one handed weapon skill can we have another one handed weapon skill? I'm a bit confused on the whole skill thing >_<

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Also, the cooldown isn't totally necessary, as the skill can only be activated under a specific circumstance.
I'd still recommend some type of cooldown, because wouldn't that make fighting slower enemies (such as golems) pretty easy?

I mean, if you do go with it, I might replace one of my current skills with Facade and get that one later.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I'd still recommend some type of cooldown, because wouldn't that make fighting slower enemies (such as golems) pretty easy?

I mean, if you do go with it, I might replace one of my current skills with Facade and get that one later.
I suppose once per fight, since I don't imagine she'd even use it any more often than that.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I suppose once per fight, since I don't imagine she'd even use it any more often than that.
I'd say that, as long as it's not abused, it's fine. Still, I'd say that it could be used more than once per battle, just not so much that it could be abused by the user.

...then again, I'm not the GM, so this doesn't really have to mean anything.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Just a matter of fairness. In saying that though, I suppose we aren't all entirely against each other (except for the PKers). Though, if we ever were to battle eachother, we'd have to take all things into consideration.

Years
Where has ShinyDiamond been btw? :P

When the IC thread is posted I'll make the "Link Start" text a link to the IC :D *Added*[/COLOR]

In-game name: Zurui
Appearance: Zurui has dark brown hair, often mistaken for black, that has a "blown-back" look. Prior to Sword Art Online he had a soft, warm face that was welcoming. But after killing multiple players in Sword Art Online his complexion hardened and his profile evolved into a much more sinister look. He isn't bulky, nor skinny but has a medium build, and is fairly tall for a Japanese 17 year old, at 5 feet, 7 inches, and weighs about 130lbs.
Personality:
History: Coming Soon
Skills:
- One Handed Dagger
-Throwing Weapons (not in use)
- Parry
- Hiding
Sword Arts
Cloak & Dagger:
{Deep Purple Glow} Zurui slips into the shadows briefly, and reappears a few seconds later behind his target, backstabbing them for critical damage.
Venom Edge: {Dark Green Glow}attacks for 50% extra damage, and applies a poison DoT.

>>Link Start<<

Last edited:
Back