• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga that have made you cry

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
SKET Dance is the only anime that has the distinction of making me cry.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
AnoHana and Clannad AS have gotten me to tear up XD never really gone over the edge but yeah... those were some sad anime and some really great ones too!
There are some Anime movies too! Grave of the Fireflies is one. 5cm per second just made me depressed but i didn't really cry or tear up... yeah i'm pretty sure there are more but those are the only ones i can think of on the top of my head XD

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
The only time I've ever cried was while watching Clannad: After Story. I was really confused because I didn't even like the first season that much, haha, so it's kinda amazing how I could go from disliking it to crying about it.

I felt sad while watching stuff like Anohana and Angel Beats, but never sad enough to cry. I even got sad while watching the end of K-On's 2nd season, haha. I really liked the series and I could relate a lot to Azusa, that's probably why haha. <3

Outlier

Dragonball Z was far from just a mindless shonen. It had many emotional moments in it and I'm not afraid to admit I cried quite a few times while watching it.

I'll leave these in spoilers in case anyone hasn't watched the masterpiece that is Dragonball.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
End of Dragon Ball GT made me cry so hard. I just wanted goku to stay with me a little longer. I was only seven but just seeing him dissappear with shenron was too much for my little heart and I just locked myself in my room for a few days crying into a pillow because of Goku. I also cried when I saw Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods because Goku, you're back! I still can never watch the last episode of GT, I rewatched the series a few years ago but couldn't bring myself to watch it.
I also cried at Grave of the Fireflies which i get mixed up with Barefoot Gen because I saw them both on the same night but I can relate to Grave of the Fireflies very well and it just destroyed me. I had seen it before but I am more mature now and I understood it, I also read the book and it just hit me and just destroyed my heart. I can't get angry at my sisters anymore because of that film.
I cried in Gundam when Amuro Ray is KIA or MIA I was 6 at the time as well and I asked my dad what it ment and he told me. I was heart broken from that but I didn't lock myself in my room I just cried for an hour and I was given the next series of Gundam to watch which kind of made me happy. Funny I look similar to Amuro Ray, like face and hair.
Oh and Studio Ghibs is evil. They make everyone cry

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
I cried during the Itachi flashback in Naruto. Could relate to sibling love. I cried multiple times during One Piece. I don't need to explain, though. Merry. Nuff said.

Cried during Clannad and After Story. Ironically, I cried more during fuko arc than during anything else lol. Then Anohana did it too, recently. 5cms per second made me depressed. But I didn't cry.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Am I the only one who cried more profusely during Clannad than in AS?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Yup; Howl's Moving Castle. Don't really remember what part of it made me cry though, as it's been an extremely long time since I've last seen it. I may watch it again someday when I have time.

Years
Yes!
The first was BuBu Cha Cha. I was only 7-8 years old when I watched it. Now I don't remember anything about this anime, only that the final was so sad for a kid of that age :(
Then when I was older, I cried with Toky Magnitude 8.0 and Elfen Lied (especially for the dog scene).

Years
Okay, first of all, when I was like 6 years old or something and watched Pokémon the first movie, and I saw the scene where Ash turned to stone. That scene devastated me.
Welp, later, I remember School Days traumatized me as well when I was in that phase where I watched anime a lot.
Oh, and Clannad. That show was EVIL!

Pretty sure I shed a manly tear or two during JoJo's Bizarre Adventure as well. As it should be.

Years
Am I the only one who cried more profusely during Clannad than in AS?

To be fair, most of my tears, if any, were during the end of After Story. The Fuko arc of the first season was a part of the buildup, though, because I was basically an emotionless rock before I dove into Clannad.

Other than Clannad's two seasons, not really much has, at least that I can recall. Kanon came close, but wasn't quite there, as have a few others. That said, I've not watched Grave of the Fireflies yet, which has made a friend or two of mine cry, the sort that don't normally cry at anything.

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
Years
Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle, as far as I can remember.

I don't think I found Clannad, or AS, to be tear-jerking for me, but I can understand why people get emotional because even then it left me speechless.

MawChomp

Average Trainer/Breeder
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 26, 2014
Seitokai no Ichizon. For a comedy anime the last episode was something I didn't expect from the protagonist. And definitely 5 Centimeters Per Second cried like a baby.

Years
I feel like I cried at a lot. Uh let's see, Air TV really got me, Grave of the fireflies, The children who chase lost voices down below, Blood plus, Kanon, this one episode of Shiki that was on demand, had no idea what it was so I figured I'd check it out, it was just..of course it wasn't the first episode
Spoiler:

5 centimeters per second, higerashi , no.6 , Anohana: The flower we saw that day, True tears, Elfen lied.

Back