• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why was Leave of Absence closed?

PKGirl

Banned
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 20, 2004
    It was closed because people were pretending to leave as a joke and sometimes it really hurt other member's feelings or caused them to really leave

AdamHays

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2004
    I was one of the last post,and im not sure,but it was closed cause of all the people that had been week members decied that they were going to leave,and as soon as they got the attention they stayed.there could be alot of reasons.

PKGirl

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 20, 2004
    I was one of the last post,and im not sure,but it was closed cause of all the people that had been week members decied that they were going to leave,and as soon as they got the attention they stayed.there could be alot of reasons.
    No, it is up to them if they wanna leave, it is just that some were leaving just to prove how dumb leaving was so they were leaving for the wrong reasons

So what happens if someone is leaving, what do they do? Make a thread?
    Im sure that members that wanna leave will pm their friends, as for staff they never closed the thread in the staff room so it will be announced by andy or abby

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    it was a shame on the leaving thread that people would just flame pc..noone seems to leave nicely..

PKGirl

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 20, 2004
    look At Above Post!!! It Is Still Not Allowed

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Err, okay. As I said in the announcement it was creating a bad air around OC, with everyone seeming to leave at once. So we're going to try to focus on the positive side of chatting there and see if that lifts spirits. Or something.

Gardy

Beautifully Destroyed
    Years
  • oc? yea to many ppl were leaving i waz getting really upset meh now no one can leave *holds on tight* is jkaizer really leaving O.o I don't remember.

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    OC usually stands for "Other Chat" when used on PC. ^_^;

Gardy

Beautifully Destroyed
    Years
  • O XD thanks kairi and yea ppl kept changin there minds which waz okay but then a lot o ppl started to do it.

Solar

Gone forever
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2007
    Junichi wasn't joking. He finally came back after 3 months and he isn't completly back yet.

PKGirl

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 20, 2004
    ughhh... gets mod
    By KairiAs the title implies. If you want to leave, you must do it silently. Sorry, but it?s been a source of too much trouble and depression. Tell your real friends by PM that you?re going.

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Err, we're discussing WHY I made that decision, this isn't a new leaving thread. I think that's what you're implying?

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • Leave of absence was a good idea to prevent new threads of goodbyes popping up randomly. But as always, a new dramatic twist comes in to play unexpectedly, people start this stylish 'trend' of leaving, they left of rather blunt or stupid reasons, and what do you know? It suddenly became the most depressing thread in PC. So in conclusion to prevent anymore of that, off it goes.

^_^ Simple enough.

Gardy

Beautifully Destroyed
    Years
  • hey "trend" waz my word XD On~topic yea it waz depressing I though Jkaizer waz leavin too *r u?* and i though a lot of ppl were leaving then they change their minds again and again.

Back