• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"whoever built the pyramids had knowledge of electrical power"

Joel.Lion

Years
Dragging multi-ton blocks up a ramp on logs, over and over, For years. That's how we're thought the Egyptians built the pyramids. And they did it faster then we could do it today. Even with our technology. We don't have crains that can pick up that much weight. And we certainly couldn't do it the way they did it. I've watched all of the Ancient Aliens show, and as crazy as it sounds... It doesn't sound crazy. Do you guys think that could be possible? Or even if you don't think the ancient astronaut theory is possible , do you think that our ancient ancestors possessed knowledge and/or technology that has been lost over time?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I'm pretty sure that we could build pyramids similar to the Egyptian pyramids if we really wanted to. It's just that it would be insanely expensive to do so, and there's no point to it, so no one's ever gonna bother investing psychotic amounts of time and money for it.

Years
Mathematically speaking, the current model that states that they were built in 20 years is actually wrong. for that to be true, they'd have to bring a stone from the quarry (those huge multi-ton stones, mind you) carve it, and set it in place every few minutes, which is impossible unless you can instantly teleport the blocks there, haha. It's very interesting. The buildings are built with a degree of complexity that even we don't fully understand, and that alone speaks volumes about who actually built them, given the historical era they were built in.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
Years
Maybe the slaves were really, really ripped. Just kidding, there was no way it was built in 20 years. How much did those stones weigh? Say it is 1 ton (2000 pounds). If 20 people pulled it, each person only pulled 100 pounds...

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
Years
Dragging multi-ton blocks up a ramp on logs, over and over, For years. That's how we're thought the Egyptians built the pyramids. And they did it faster then we could do it today. Even with our technology. We don't have crains that can pick up that much weight. And we certainly couldn't do it the way they did it. I've watched all of the Ancient Aliens show, and as crazy as it sounds... It doesn't sound crazy. Do you guys think that could be possible? Or even if you don't think the ancient astronaut theory is possible , do you think that our ancient ancestors possessed knowledge and/or technology that has been lost over time?

"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."
-Archimedes

People often underestimate the simple machines. The 20-year time frame is most likely an undershot, but I have every confidence a project even the size of a pyramid was doable with the technology and resources available at the time.

Do I believe aliens are out there? The Drake equation theory (and a measure of common sense) would suggest there is some form of life out there, sentient or otherwise. Do I think an advanced civilization flew all the way here to help build the pyramids? Not at all.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
Years
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."
-Archimedes

People often underestimate the simple machines. The 20-year time frame is most likely an undershot, but I have every confidence a project even the size of a pyramid was doable with the technology and resources available at the time.

Do I believe aliens are out there? The Drake equation theory (and a measure of common sense) would suggest there is some form of life out there, sentient or otherwise. Do I think an advanced civilization flew all the way here to help build the pyramids? Not at all.

We have never seen a star form. If for some random reason this was true, what are the chances of aliens even coming to earth? Deuteronomy 4:19

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
With enough people and pullies, anything is possible. However I do believe that in the infinite universe, there must be some other life form out there somewhere, but I don't think neither of us have made contact.

stp

ShootThePuck
Years
We have never seen a star form. If for some random reason this was true, what are the chances of aliens even coming to earth? Deuteronomy 4:19

You don't really need to bring religion into this.

Honestly, it was most likely simple machines. I'm sure they had the manpower to build pyramids when almost everything people did was in the name of their gods and the Pharaoh.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
Years
You don't really need to bring religion into this.

Honestly, it was most likely simple machines. I'm sure they had the manpower to build pyramids when almost everything people did was in the name of their gods and the Pharaoh.

I was just stating where I got my information from. Nothing wrong with that. Anyways, it was probably simple machines and slave labor. Could they have used some sort of grease on the bottom to help move the stones?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today

That doesn't sound like a bible quote. The English is too modern and informal.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
Years
I really do hope that people know that pyramids just aren't an Egyptian thing. There's Pyramids that are seen all around the world! I think the answer sort of questions itself when you understand that not all pyramids are the same in shape/use the same materials.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
It wasn't a Bible quote. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :) I just mentioned the Bible verse that I got the info from, I didn't copy. If you want to know what it says, I'll be happy to type it out for you.

Oh, you just paraphrased a section of the bible. lol, I somehow didn't think of that. XD

Years
It's because of our lack of understanding of how they were built that made pyramids an example of a world wonder, no? Similar situation with Stonehenge, nobody knows how they got there! This discussion seems to be turning into a slight debate about the existence of extraterrestrial beings though, haha. On that note, I want to believe that human beings were the ones who built the pyramids, but how they did it is impossible to know at this point. Those stones are of a substantial amount of weight and it would be hard to believe that human strength were able to drag them and somehow raise them atop each other without the use of modern technology. Mind boggler, for sure.

Years
Actually, there's evidence that the Egyptians /didn't/ use slave labour, but rather salaried, skilled workers. Is it such a shock to us that the ancients had developed superb management and organizational skills? I don't think it's shocking at all - it's just people science, needs no fancy modern technology at all. Also, math in Egypt was a thing - you can do all of that in your head. It's rocket science, but doesn't involve rockets.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 6, 2014
They had high-tech [for those years, at least...] and TON of hebrew/african slaves which helped the egyptians build them. Also, about a year, I read an article that the archaeologists found an egyptian message board that told that they almost destroyed completely hebrew people [probably the Jewish hebrew people, which ran afterwards from there. I don't believe that the hole "Moses" thing happened like in the bible.] AND that the ones who build the pyramids were ALSO normal workers. Plus, think about the sized of people in those days... My grandma told me that the mummies that She saw were 2 meters high!!

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Actually, there's evidence that the Egyptians /didn't/ use slave labour, but rather salaried, skilled workers. Is it such a shock to us that the ancients had developed superb management and organizational skills? I don't think it's shocking at all - it's just people science, needs no fancy modern technology at all. Also, math in Egypt was a thing - you can do all of that in your head. It's rocket science, but doesn't involve rockets.
This. The healed bones of the workers suggest they even received the best medical care of the time. Another reason not to use slaves would've been to prevent sabotage of the construction.
Early Egyptian pyramid attempts were, unsurprisingly enough, failures. They learned how to do this; it's really nothing extraordinary as human experience goes.

Back